What's new

Lockheed Martin signs pact with Tata to make F-16 planes in India

F 16 with American and Nato weapons. No Indian Specs. Screw driver tech.

Make in India my ***.

Again politicians taking gullible Indians for a ride.

Good for us!

Not really mate, as far as i know about the pakistani air force, the best that they have got is f16 which can at best challenge only Indian mirage 2000s and mig 29s but stand no chance against their su 30s which can see upto 400 kms are supermanovreable and and carry an arsenal of missiles and bombs.

Thts right, not a very wise choice for Indians, unless they want to overwhelm their enemies by sheer numbers ònly of this obsolete aircraft, their sukhoi 30 is far too advanced and potent than this obsolete aircraft i wonder what made them buy this.

Purely to fill the void of the legacy MIGs are leaving/will leave. Also, considering the new SP model, to created a private sector defence industry.

What's wrong with buying from NATO

Problem is not buying from Nato. Problem is there is no India spec components. Thats how India did till now. And Thats how India got the confidence of making the LCA. And India is starting the AMCA on this basis.

You need local companies contributing to it. Thats how you improve your know how. Make the product cheaper as well.

This is not. F16 subsystems will be procured from all over North America and EU. Ship to India. We turn screws.

What do we gain?

What do you mean, what is breaking? This is huge. F16 will be produced by a Indian private firm, TATAs, if they win. Regardless if Gripen or F16 wins, a defence aerospace ecosystem will be managed by a private sector company, huge in the Indian context, considering HAL had a monopoly in this since independence.
"if they win". That is the key. This agreement is meaningless if they don't win.

"if they win". That is the key. This agreement is meaningless if they don't win.

There is no if. Gripen is already out. One of their vendor, a friendly to India, denied TOT.

Not really mate, as far as i know about the pakistani air force, the best that they have got is f16 which can at best challenge only Indian mirage 2000s and mig 29s but stand no chance against their su 30s which can see upto 400 kms are supermanovreable and and carry an arsenal of missiles and bombs.

SU30, in spite of 290 in number, are not the mainstay of IAF...it is MIGs that make up the majority of the IAF. India wants a single engine fighter planes to fill up the retiring MIGs...and Tejas are not 'up to the standards' of IAF, so F-16 or Grippen until Tejas mature.

so - will countries import f-16s from the original maker (USA) or from a new manufacturer (India)? with almost all export variants of F-16s customized to some extent, specific to the target country, will India have the knowhow to do those customizations?
It will be block 70..
I think it will be for India only..

The best part of this deal will be a boost to local defence industry.

Prove it. :)

Again, No need for you to believe or me to prove.

You will be seeing the signature happen soon. Perhaps you can bookmark the post and come back if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom