What's new

'(lips)Kiss of love' protest outside RSS office in Delhi, 70 detained

There are no absolute right or wrong, but culturally defined ones. There are parts of the world where what you stated above is going on, is accepted. We have have rejected these practices so they are wrong. Simple.

So since you accept that "we" have rejected these practices, get used to "we" rejecting PDAs too.

So since you accept that "we" have rejected these practices, get used to "we" rejecting PDAs too.
There is no problem you rejecting anything. Can you reason your stand in a debate? They are wrong because you think they are wrong. Can you clarify to people who are advocating those practices why you think they are wrong, rationally?

There is no problem you rejecting anything. Can you reason your stand in a debate? They are wrong because you think they are wrong. Can you clarify to people who are advocating those practices why you think they are wrong, rationally?

Yes I can reason my stand in a debate. They are wrong because those acts are culture and society destroying acts. Those acts are wrong because they steal the public space away from families and children and make it an exclusive sexual zones. Public gardens in India were built for all. Families, old people, children, walkers, joggers, etc, etc. Now that they have become lovers park and taken over by amorous couples, families have stopped visiting them. Children are forbidden to go there. A society needs to be defined by how safe and accessible it is to its children. Acute adult selfishness has denied this right to children in the West and India too. This is just one of the many many reasons.

Yes I can reason my stand in a debate. They are wrong because those acts are culture and society destroying acts. Those acts are wrong because they steal the public space away from families and children and make it an exclusive sexual zones. Public gardens in India were built for all. Families, old people, children, walkers, joggers, etc, etc. Now that they have become lovers park and taken over by amorous couples, families have stopped visiting them. Children are forbidden to go there. A society needs to be defined by how safe and accessible it is to its children. Acute adult selfishness has denied this right to children in the West and India too. This is just one of the many many reasons.

Than your reasons are wrong. You are arguing about places not the act itself. Homosexuality is wrong because parks have become lover's parks?

Than your reasons are wrong. You are arguing about places not the act itself. Homosexuality is wrong because parks have become lover's parks?

I was talking about PDAs.

Now coming to homosexuality, it is wrong precisely because of the reasons cited out by wolfschannze. It is not the natural order of things. Human beings are not designed to be homosexuals. Anyone familiar with anatomy would tell you that. Again, these are society destroying acts and anomalies of natural order and not the norm. Legalizing homosexuality leads to them demanding more and more rights. Now the rights they want is not something new that they create for themselves, but rather the old traditional rights like marriage. Now marriage has always been defined as cohabitation of heterosexual couples for the purpose of raising a family. Since homosexuality got legalized in the West, they have redefined the concept of marriage. Now it is no longer about heterosexual or about children or about family. So legitimizing anomalies out of human right concerns has ended up eating the very society which legitimized it.

I was talking about PDAs.

Now coming to homosexuality, it is wrong precisely because of the reasons cited out by wolfschannze. It is not the natural order of things. Human beings are not designed to be homosexuals. Anyone familiar with anatomy would tell you that.
I agree that they are not designed to be. But some people are emotionally/mentally homosexual. It is in their brains, they can't help it. It is as natural as it gets.

Again, these are society destroying acts and anomalies of natural order and not the norm. Legalizing homosexuality leads to them demanding more and more rights. Now the rights they want is not something new that they create for themselves, but rather the old traditional rights like marriage. Now marriage has always been defined as cohabitation of heterosexual couples for the purpose of raising a family. Since homosexuality got legalized in the West, they have redefined the concept of marriage. Now it is no longer about heterosexual or about children or about family. So legitimizing anomalies out of human right concerns has ended up eating the very society which legitimized it.
So you are against changing the culture because it would invite further change?

Humans have a higher brain function, in case you didn't notice or you want to get back to being a mammal as chimpanzees?

Go and take some basic bio classes... THEN start talking as if you actually knew something

I agree that they are not designed to be. But some people are emotionally/mentally homosexual. It is in their brains, they can't help it. It is as natural as it gets.

I like the way Indian society has functioned. It has its black zones, its white zones, and its grey zones. Homosexuality falls in the grey zone. It is as natural as schizophrenia. We can sympathize but we cannot legalize it. At no point of time should one advocate harassment, but that not mean that it should be granted legitimacy as natural order too.

So you are against changing the culture because it would invite further change?

Nope, I like to think what steps lead us where and not just go for the fad of the season. Steps which would lead to the dismantling of the society would be rejected. A change which would strengthen the society would be welcome.

I like the way Indian society has functioned. It has its black zones, its white zones, and its grey zones. Homosexuality falls in the grey zone. It is as natural as schizophrenia. We can sympathize but we cannot legalize it. At no point of time should one advocate harassment, but that not mean that it should be granted legitimacy as natural order too.
I prefer if law/society don't dictate people in their personal life. What two consenting adults are doing is none of my business.

Nope, I like to think what steps lead us where and not just go for the fad of the season. Steps which would lead to the dismantling of the society would be rejected. A change which would strengthen the society would be welcome.
That is a very murky area. Everything has its pluses and minuses. At times I like the open western society, at times the close knit Indian. This is very hard to say what is good and bad. At the very least I am against legally oppressing people.

I prefer if law/society don't dictate people in their personal life. What two consenting adults are doing is none of my business

Sorry, a society is not just made up of individuals. It is a commune. I care what is happening in my neighborhood and I care what kind of society I live in. That is civilization. I think we are social beings and anything that rips the fabric of the society is my concern.

That is a very murky area. Everything has its pluses and minuses. At times I like the open western society, at times the close knit Indian. This is very hard to say what is good and bad. At the very least I am against legally oppressing people.

That is what choices are about. We cannot be fence sitters. We make rules, norms, social etiquettes. We are legally oppressing people when we ask them to follow traffic rules when they could just drive wild and have fun. We are legally oppressing people when we ask them to respect property laws. We make rules for everything that could have been free in wilderness. We oppress people into paying taxes, going to jobs, going to schools, studying. Gosh a lifetime spent in 9-5 job is as oppressing as it gets, but we all do it. Too bad, some people have some more rules to bide by which they feel oppressed by.

What is wrong with being gay? My best friend is bi sexual and shouldnt be discriminated for his sexual preferences. The prudes can go back to living in jungles because India is becoming liberal and soon every one will have equal rights.

My friend suffers from kelptomania and should not be discriminated against for his natural disposition. Any property law freaks can go back to living in jungles because India is becoming liberal and soon everyone can have everything that belongs to everyone else.

My friend suffers from kelptomania and should not be discriminated against for his natural disposition. Any property law freaks can go back to living in jungles because India is becoming liberal and soon everyone can have everything that belongs to everyone else.
The difference between one act harming others and one with mutual consent. This answers your post above too, one you are oppressing people in their personal lives. Other, you are making rule how they would interact with each other. As long as your friend is stealing from his own shop, things of his own ownership, it is fine. It is when he steals from other that there is a problem. It is fine that you are vigilant about the society. But than those that deny jeans and mobiles, that want girls and boys to be separated are also protecting the culture, being vigilant for the society. They are as much right as you are.

I hope you are not advocating Discrimination. Even if you are not, it seems like it.

The difference between one act harming others and one with mutual consent. This answers your post above too, one you are oppressing people in their personal lives. Other, you are making rule how they would interact with each other. As long as your friend is stealing from his own shop, things of his own ownership, it is fine. It is when he steals from other that there is a problem. It is fine that you are vigilant about the society. But than those that deny jeans and mobiles, that want girls and boys to be separated are also protecting the culture, being vigilant for the society. They are as much right as you are.

Nope. Both the acts are harmful. Both harm the society when provided legitimacy. Only difference is that the kleptomaniac is acting individually but the homos are acting as a couple. I do not see why the damage to the society becomes kosher just because a couple is doing it. The homosexual couples are destroying society the way I know it and making it potentially dangerous for the future generations. Well, I am willing to grant those who want to deny jeans and mobiles and want girls and boys separated their norms. They know their societal landscape better than me and there is a reason they are proposing it perhaps.

I hope you are not advocating Discrimination. Even if you are not, it seems like it.

Nah not discrimination, but I am against turning the world upside down for a pebble under my shoes. No one goes to the house of a gay person to see what they are doing in their beds. It is the norm in India for boys to live together as a fraternity in various hostels, rented accommodations, etc, etc. No one has ever viewed them with suspicion or inquired what they are up to. This insane desire to flaunt their sexuality and distort the society itself is what is galling.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom