What's new

Limited War Possible: Indian Army Chief Kapoor

AgNoStIc MuSliM said:
I am not so sure in this case - in any case, even if the COAS believes in the potential of Cold Start, that does not mean it will be implemented successfully on the battle field
Weell if that was so no operations would have been executed or no doctrines would have ever been implemented.But it wasn't so

Why not, you still haven't figured out that Pakistan is worse off for having pursued nukes than if it didn't at all. Monies that could have gone into education and development went into the weapons program; a newly-aggressive Pakistan has surrendered its halo of a state on the defensive from a sanctimonious India; and the country has become a battleground for extremist groups who see Pakistan's nuclear arsenal as the ultimate prize to realize their visions of theocratic government and genocide.

The South Africans realized many of the disadvantages and thus de-nuclearized themselves. Do you think they lacked wisdom by doing so?
but then african states dont have India as a neighbour.

eh i said the same thing on that other thread...."Kapoora" is just a bluff... RAW agents are pissing they're pants with talibans going down ...so the indians need to divert Army's attention so they would put more troops along the indo-pak border just to save their agents in that area..

what these guys dont know is we're born to fight so bring on your "limited war".. we'll give you a "full taste" of what its like to mess with us. That is assuming you havent learnt anything from the feedback you've been getting from your RAW agents :p

Don't know what 'term' Kapoor is trying to imply. Limited War? Meaning the use of nukes is not allowed. By whom? Kapoor can't control if or not Pakistan uses nukes. This is pointless. And what kind of response is he expecting from Pakistan? That 'Yes, we'll do that'.

Without being overly eagerest, I can tell you no one can control what is used in a war. The possibilities of using nukes or any other weapon can never be negated nor are limited. And arguments like these, don't do justice to a man's sense of thinking, especially when he's in an imperative position such as the acting chief of the armed forces.

actully they are in dream by open eye's thats why he said that type of thing's

ee2b97eaae139e7c96c510511c4451da.jpg

actully they are in dream by open eye's thats why he said that type of thing's

ee2b97eaae139e7c96c510511c4451da.jpg

:rofl: seems like kapoora sleeping and dreaming of a nuclear war with pakistan and its limited ofcourse because in his dream he sees india attacking pakistan with nukes and when the retaliatory part of the dream comes his "havildar" will wake him up from the dream thus it would be a limited nuclear war between india and pakistan.

now the question arises, how would the "havildar" know when the pakistan retaliation part of the dream is about to start, i think kapoora might have told him that whenever i start shivering in the dream or i pee you should instantly wake me up, coz this is what happens to all those who see such wet dreams about attacking pakistan with nukes.:pakistan:

This has been a bad week for india. In utter disappointment to india, Pakistan launched JF-17. Obama China trip and shift in policy left indians all sorts of chest thumping activities. Indian female PM flew in SU-30, indian army chief looking for war and indian PM could not get his head around "who running Pakistan army". All these are just dots but once connected these are not only directed against Pakistan but also defelect the defeat elsewhere.

This has been a bad week for india. In utter disappointment to india, Pakistan launched JF-17. Obama China trip and shift in policy left indians all sorts of chest thumping activities. Indian female PM flew in SU-30, indian army chief looking for war and indian PM could not get his head around "who running Pakistan army". All these are just dots but once connected these are not only directed against Pakistan but also defelect the defeat elsewhere.

Amazing anaysis !

Bravo.

Wonder if any vacancies exist for ' Think tanks".

:rofl: seems like kapoora sleeping and dreaming of a nuclear war with pakistan and its limited ofcourse because in his dream he sees india attacking pakistan with nukes and when the retaliatory part of the dream comes his "havildar" will wake him up from the dream thus it would be a limited nuclear war between india and pakistan.

now the question arises, how would the "havildar" know when the pakistan retaliation part of the dream is about to start, i think kapoora might have told him that whenever i start shivering in the dream or i pee you should instantly wake me up, coz this is what happens to all those who see such wet dreams about attacking pakistan with nukes.:pakistan:

Don't talk nonsense mate.
He is an Army Man and deserves respect. Furthermore this place is defence Forum, and people talk here about defence and war. Don't piss in your pants, if he has given a bold statement about one of the tactic India may use against any Pakistani aggression. If you can only rant to humiliate him but can't pour any counter tactic against his assertion, then its better to be quite and be a spectator.
Again, he is a army man and you are nothing like me. He is supposed to talk about war , i repeat only war; against his nation's enemy i.e Pakistan.

However, do you understand even a single word about war principles?

''The best strategy is always to be strong; first in general and then at decisive point''.

This is what Gen. Kapoor is doing and Indian army has done whenever in conflict with Pakistan.

Can you distinguish war strategy from tactics or from operational art?

No you can't and fortunately your not the only one here.

If Pakistan can boast about its nuclear status as the corner stone of its security and has kept India at the bay form attacks then same Gen. kapoor can talk openly about limited war using nukes to keep Pakistan at bay for any future misadventures like open war or act of terrorism by so called non state Pakistani actors!
thanks. waiting for your reply.

Last edited:
Chill out guys the comment was for domestic consumption.
I don't think IA Chief can ever think for starting Kargil type of war unlike erstwhile PA chief.

Chill out guys the comment was for domestic consumption.
I don't think IA Chief can ever think for starting Kargil type of war unlike erstwhile PA chief.

I agree, Indians can only talk. Don't take kapoora seriously.
His comments were just a mere sign of frustration over the repeated failure of missile tests, no credible evidence for the mumbai drama and indo-china tensions.

I believe Mastan Khan made a legitimate request for people to stop distorting Gen. Kapoor's name.

The mods are endorsing that position since it is tasteless. Please refrain from such antics in the future.

I agree, Indians can only talk. Don't take kapoora seriously.

Yeah Perhaps he think statement for domestic audience is sufficeint to deter neighbors no arms required :).

His comments were just a mere sign of frustration over the repeated failure of missile tests, no credible evidence for the mumbai drama and indo-china tensions.

There is more than sufficient evidence regarding Mumbai, Indo-China relations is bilateral matter. But that's not the topic.

Weell if that was so no operations would have been executed or no doctrines would have ever been implemented.But it wasn't so

My point is that you can implement and execute them to the best of our abilities, but success isn't automatically guaranteed.

The Pakistan Military is probably more aware of what CS entails than most layman Indians and Pakistanis, and has likely devised its own contingency plans.

Now will those contingency plans work perfectly and thwart CS? Not necessarily, just like the success of CS cannot be guaranteed.

Don't go off topic ! your country is always talkig of war talking all big its nothing new terriost are the ones that need to be brought to justice not a whole nation get your knowledge right and your statments india needs to make peace with Pakistan who else shoreloc not hard to figure out tell your gov to come to the table and stop crying and talking all big put that big mouth :blah: to good use rather then talking about war ! we are no cowards and your gov knows that yet talks like we are some weak nation or people . We need to fight these terriost , we need to work towards peace & friendship you gov needs to learn a new line perhaps even the indian public rather then all hate.. :devil:

Bro just look at the past before Kargil India did its best to have peace with Pakistan. But in return your general thought of winning a covert war with India and back stabbed peace process. And it didn't stopped there since then lot of terror attacks across the country and recently we had Mumbai.
The bottom line is your's army and Isi still think they can bleed India and get their priorities. In this scenario will the peace dialogue works??
India never initiated war with Pakistan it is the opposite and pakistan is continuing it with a new face called terrorism. To deal with it India has no way other than putting pressure on pakistani govt. by what ever options available for it.
India's priority right now is to have peace with Pakistan. In the process of developing and aspiring to be developed country India cannot ignore problems with its neighbor.
:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom