What's new

Life in Texas

LOL why doesn't your CIA staff in Pakistan pack their bags and leave? I won't mock you and your lovely Texas. Is that a deal?

LOL, you do know that Pakistan can demand the removal of any and all Americans from Pakistani soil. You should talk to your government not me...:lol:

LOL, you do know that Pakistan can demand the removal of any and all Americans from Pakistani soil. You should talk to your government not me...:lol:

LOL time will come. I am certain. Let things deteriorate further. Luckily creepy Joe is there to accelerate the process.

PS. You like Mitch showing his teeth?

LOL time will come. I am certain. Let things deteriorate further. Luckily creepy Joe is there to accelerate the process.

PS. You like Mitch showing his teeth?

good for you, I hope US eviction from Pakistan transforms you into a better human being.

There aren't millions in the street. The last number was around 600,000 with 25% being in California.

Numbers are going up my friend, Plus add those who are filing bankrupt and unable to pay rent will be out on the streets, many are living on Govt support and hardly meeting ends, yes this is not something that would determine US demise or should be made fun off but it is also a reality of America that the American Dream is not working for many.

Climate change is gonna effect all of us.

I'm in Texas too and it wasn't too bad here although we did lose power for 3 to 4 days.

But this has really exposed the quality and nature of our "leaders".

From taking vacations to finger pointing this sort of thing won't get it done.

Most egregious was politicians trying to blame alternative energy options for this.

Absolutely disgusting spin.

No, I believe this is more like people intentionally gambled with switching to a variable rate electrical provider because they figured they can save some bucks over a traditional fixed-rate provider.

the gamble lost.

Is this Griidy company some non-mainstream company promising to save people on monthly bills like Cricket is for cell-phones?

I’ve heard of comparisons to Robinhood before. Maybe it is similar to Cricket? I’m not familiar with Cricket. But the news stories make it sound like every family in Texas got slapped with exorbitant bills. This is clearly untrue and I was very scared when I checked my billing.

People are suffering and some Idiots are making fun of them.

One convenience I still currently experience is that there is a shortage of groceries in local super markets. Luckily we stocked up well in advance of the storm. In retrospect, we could’ve gotten more dairy since milk is running out.

No, I believe this is more like people intentionally gambled with switching to a variable rate electrical provider because they figured they can save some bucks over a traditional fixed-rate provider.

the gamble lost.

Is this Griidy company some non-mainstream company promising to save people on monthly bills like Cricket is for cell-phones?

If your happy with people going into debt because utilities failed them then that's fine with me.

It really depends on how many times similar things happen I think. If this happens every two to three years, Ercot will do it out of their own volition because it probably costs more money fixing and maintaining the system everytime a winter storm happens.
Political pressure will demand that they will have to winterize the grid system if they don't want this to happen again.
I’m in Texas myself. Personally the situation is no where as bad as the media made it out to be, as i luckily have access to electricity, heat, and water, and only lost internet access for two days. Many of my friends weren’t so lucky and lost water and heating for several days. Worst case was a colleague whose roof partially collapsed. Fortunately he was able to secure temporary accommodations with his neighbor.

Snow has already started melting where I live and I expect things to get back to normal early next week.
Lost power and wouldn't come back up like 6 to 8 hours. Sometimes we would have 1 to 2 hours of power before going down again. Been normal since late Wednesday.

This was unacceptable.

I did not have power from Monday 2am to Thursday 6am.

The planned rotation of power was BS.

Also, I likely had a variable plan as my plan probably renewed into one after the contract expired.

If these MFs overcharge me I'm not gonna fookin pay.

If your happy with people going into debt because utilities failed them then that's fine with me.

You don't understand the problem. Griddy is not an electrical power company. It's simply a middleman hired to search for the best just-in-time electrical market price at the moment.

Its customers are like people who don't buy a ticket to see a football game. They go to the stadium just before the game hoping to find someone trying to unload a ticket at below the sales price. Most of the time they gamble and get lucky and get in the stadium at a lower price...but sometimes they may get burnt.

When the snow fell the prices went up and the gamblers got burnt. Everybody else (which is the vast majority of people) who buy electricity the normal way are fine.

Last edited:
Also, I likely had a variable plan as my plan probably renewed into one after the contract expired.

If these MFs overcharge me I'm not gonna fookin pay.

Certainly treating your rate as basically when somebody puts in a market order for a stock instead of a limit order is ridiculous. They should set a max and be required to eat the difference.

From taking vacations to finger pointing this sort of thing won't get it done
I think that you are pointing to this sir

And, Ted could escape storm but he can't escape Mexico vacation memes

Back
Top Bottom