What's new

Life in Texas

Do you expect Texans to call for new regulations on Ercot; to rebuild a more stable and reliable grid, more stable and reliable subsystems to keep power plants online, etc., despite that potentially causing an increase in the electrical bills?

It really depends on how many times similar things happen I think. If this happens every two to three years, Ercot will do it out of their own volition because it probably costs more money fixing and maintaining the system everytime a winter storm happens.

Don't make fun or laugh at people's misery, yes this is also a reality of America. Behind the shiny tall buildings, success stories, and American dream there are millions of people who are homeless and out in the streets to beg, but it happens everywhere.

And if similar situation will happen in any northern cities of Iran let suppose Tehran what will happen?? this situation can be happen anywhere in the world, you know what is the CLIMATE CHANGE??
Yeah i know. Point is, this overhyped superpower fails to protect its people from an snowfall. Most of their presidents criticized the old outdated infrastructures of USA, old bridges, useless power network etc and that before elections. But after the elections, they all of a sudden forgot the promises that they had made, everything goes back to routine and US government's biggest priority becomes giving tax payers' money to Israelis. Just last year, 800 million dollars was gifted to Israel directly from tax payers' money. USA is turning into a shithole while Israelis are experiencing orgasm with their tax money. Lol

Yeah i know. Point is, this overhyped superpower fails to protect its people from an snowfall. Most of their presidents criticized the old outdated infrastructures of USA, old bridges, useless power network etc and that before elections. But after the elections, they all of a sudden forgot the promises that they had made, everything goes back to routine and US government's biggest priority becomes giving tax payers' money to Israelis. Just last year, 800 million dollars was gifted to Israel directly from tax payers' money. USA is turning into a shithole while Israelis are experiencing orgasm with their tax money. Lol
Oh troll no country on earth can sustain sudden climatic changes I am in Maryland also since they beginning of February there is extremely weather in Maryland in about a day or two snowfall occurring temperature is below freezing webhad have 2-3 winterstorm with a significant snowfalls

HomeUSA News

‘People turn off their power because they can’t afford it’, Texas woman slapped with $11,000 electricity bill tells RT
21 Feb, 2021 01:21
‘People turn off their power because they can’t afford it’, Texas woman slapped with $11,000 electricity bill tells RT

An electrical substation is seen after winter weather caused electricity blackouts in Texas. © Reuters / Go Nakamura

Texas infrastructure wasn’t ready for the winter storm that paralyzed the state this week, and it’s unfair that the working people are now forced to pay the price, a local woman, who received a shocking power bill, told RT.
The pipes in her home burst, and the water was out for four days, but it turned out that it wasn’t the worst that happened to Akilah Scott-Amos during the Texan cold snap. While she was lucky enough to suffer only a brief power outage, the electricity bill of $11,000 that she received exceeded all her wildest expectations.
READ MORE: Biden declares ‘major disaster’ in Texas as state continues to battle power outages amid extreme cold
The woman was charged that much because she is serviced by a wholesale retailer of electricity. Such an arrangement is attractive when the market is stable – Scott-Amos’s usually paid around $40 or $50 during this period – but turned out disastrous in the time of crisis, for which the state and her electricity company “weren’t prepared.”
ALSO ON RT.COMOutage outrage: Texans see power bills as high as $17,000 after brutal storm pummels grid & leaves millions without electricity
“I absolutely can’t afford it,” she said of the enormous bill, insisting that she had been saving as much power as possible during those difficult days.
They unfortunately put this on working and middle class families. This is going to break a lot of people financially.
Electricity bills received by Akilah Scott-Amos.
After she first told her story to the media, Scott-Amos received messages from numerous Texas families, who found themselves in a similar sorry situation.
It’s gotten to the point when people turn off their power because they can’t afford it.
The woman said that she understood that authorities prioritize help to those who suffered the most. “But the people, who did have power [and] were charged 300 times more than market rate so that they [companies] could make a profit” shouldn’t be abandoned too, she insisted. For now, Scott-Amos and others like her don’t qualify for any government support.
“Price gouging shouldn’t be allowed during this time,” she said, referring to both the cold snap and the Covid-19 pandemic, and urged authorities to intervene, adding that “basic utilities shouldn’t cost thousands.”

US regulatory bodies have been left toothless. Companies can charge what they like without consequences. No way they can justify price hike.

No, I believe this is more like people intentionally gambled with switching to a variable rate electrical provider because they figured they can save some bucks over a traditional fixed-rate provider.

the gamble lost.
I’m in Texas myself. Personally the situation is no where as bad as the media made it out to be, as i luckily have access to electricity, heat, and water, and only lost internet access for two days. Many of my friends weren’t so lucky and lost water and heating for several days. Worst case was a colleague whose roof partially collapsed. Fortunately he was able to secure temporary accommodations with his neighbor.

Snow has already started melting where I live and I expect things to get back to normal early next week.

Is this Griidy company some non-mainstream company promising to save people on monthly bills like Cricket is for cell-phones?

Funny how a Pakistani shows up to mock Americans.

Well the GDP of Texas is 20 times larger than Pakistan, bigger than Saudi and Russia with a population 10 times smaller than Pakistan.
Texas will be fine :lol:

LOL why doesn't your CIA staff in Pakistan pack their bags and leave? I won't mock you and your lovely Texas. Is that a deal?

Don't make fun or laugh at people's misery, yes this is also a reality of America. Behind the shiny tall buildings, success stories, and American dream there are millions of people who are homeless and out in the streets to beg, but it happens everywhere.

There aren't millions in the street. The last number was around 600,000 with 25% being in California.

There aren't millions in the street. The last number was around 600,000 with 25% being in California.

For a superpower one is too many. 600.000 is like an army of beggars. I won't feel any pity for your country. Backstabbing savages.

Give Texas back to Mexico.

Oh troll no country on earth can sustain sudden climatic changes I am in Maryland also since they beginning of February there is extremely weather in Maryland in about a day or two snowfall occurring temperature is below freezing webhad have 2-3 winterstorm with a significant snowfalls

I'm in Massachusetts with constant snow on the ground. No problems here...but we certainly don't get scorching heatwave Texas weather in the Summertime.
For a superpower one is too many. 600.000 is like an army of beggars. I won't feel any pity for your country. Backstabbing savages.

Give Texas back to Mexico.

Well looks like you abandoned Pakistan for the Netherlands so you took the easy way out instead of helping your country.

Cheers to you for being a quitter.

I'm in Massachusetts with constant snow on the ground. No problems here...but we certainly don't get scorching heatwave Texas weather in the Summertime.

Well looks like you abandoned Pakistan for the Netherlands so you took the easy way out instead of helping your country.

Cheers to you for being a quitter.

Who said I abandoned Pakistan? I was born and bred in The Netherlands ignorant fool.

Now take a hike from this forum . You Americans hate Pakistan, but gather on this forum to pretend you belong here.

We gonna mincemeat you in Afghanistan. Just wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
HomeUSA News

21 Feb, 2021 01:21

An electrical substation is seen after winter weather caused electricity blackouts in Texas. © Reuters / Go Nakamura

Texas infrastructure wasn’t ready for the winter storm that paralyzed the state this week, and it’s unfair that the working people are now forced to pay the price, a local woman, who received a shocking power bill, told RT.
The pipes in her home burst, and the water was out for four days, but it turned out that it wasn’t the worst that happened to Akilah Scott-Amos during the Texan cold snap. While she was lucky enough to suffer only a brief power outage, the electricity bill of $11,000 that she received exceeded all her wildest expectations.
READ MORE: Biden declares ‘major disaster’ in Texas as state continues to battle power outages amid extreme cold
The woman was charged that much because she is serviced by a wholesale retailer of electricity. Such an arrangement is attractive when the market is stable – Scott-Amos’s usually paid around $40 or $50 during this period – but turned out disastrous in the time of crisis, for which the state and her electricity company “weren’t prepared.”
ALSO ON RT.COMOutage outrage: Texans see power bills as high as $17,000 after brutal storm pummels grid & leaves millions without electricity
“I absolutely can’t afford it,” she said of the enormous bill, insisting that she had been saving as much power as possible during those difficult days.

Electricity bills received by Akilah Scott-Amos.
After she first told her story to the media, Scott-Amos received messages from numerous Texas families, who found themselves in a similar sorry situation.

The woman said that she understood that authorities prioritize help to those who suffered the most. “But the people, who did have power [and] were charged 300 times more than market rate so that they [companies] could make a profit” shouldn’t be abandoned too, she insisted. For now, Scott-Amos and others like her don’t qualify for any government support.
“Price gouging shouldn’t be allowed during this time,” she said, referring to both the cold snap and the Covid-19 pandemic, and urged authorities to intervene, adding that “basic utilities shouldn’t cost thousands.”

That's the problem with flexible rates. You can save a little when the going is good but everything falls apart when the going is tough. I use fixed rates and luckily, the bill didn't exceed 60 dollars.

I think the media reporting of Texas turning into some sort of hell on earth is disingenuous. The going is tough for a lot of people but things are slowly recovering as well. City government is distributing water for people with burst pipes.

Who said I abandoned Pakistan? I was born and bred in The Netherlands ignorant fool.

Now take a hike from this forum you Pakistan hating piglet. You American piglets hate Pakistan, but gather on this forum to pretend you belong here.

We gonna mincemeat you in Afghanistan. Just wait and see.

LOL! I'm not against Pakistan.

I can see you are determined to go way off-topic.

LOL! I'm not against Pakistan.

I can see you are determined to go way off-topic.

LOL Of course not. You just hate Pakistanis and love to take a jibe at their country. Just like you don't hate China, but love to hate China all day long.

Take a hike fool.

LOL Of course not. You just hate Pakistanis and love to take a jibe at their country. Just like you don't hate China, but love to hate China all day long.

Take a hike fool.

Again with the lies. Are you 12 or something?

I don't take jabs at Pakistan..i think your head has been so deeply wrapped in the CCP web that when I say something your muffled hearing equates it with Pakistan.

I suggest you extricate yourself so you can see and hear more clearly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom