What's new

lhasa...Beijing...We will be there

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will happen if Narendra Modi in charge? he seems try to seek a better relationship with China?

He is a good strong leader who is all about security and development. As you may know GIFT city is being planned by East China Architectural Design & Research Institute. Modi is man of vision and he has already visited China and recieved the red carpet and a warm reception while he was there.

001372acd7d31025ad9406.jpg

This is pic of Modi on his China trip

the way people to express their dissatisfaction are different from area to area.i'm sure there are some tibetans who have complaints.and there are surely more Hans or indians who have complaints.but the way is diverse according to different culture.some prefer self-immolation,others choose suicide attacks or killing other people.recently 29 killed in US.you cann't get the reallity from the only indicator self-immolation,and you cann't attribute all these events to the willing of independance.the reason may lovelorn or bankruptcy,god knows.For those with malicious intentions,everything is due to ......

The thing is if given the opportunity the tibetans would choose self-determination, same as with Kashmiris or Nagas.
Tibetans have their loyalty towards Dalai Lama and not towards any CCP. No matter how hard the CCP tells people, it cannot change the ground realities. Maybe the current generation can be corrupted by riches, but for the time being, the Dalai Lama is the one to whom the tibetans are loyal.

I suggest you visit India during kalachakra to get a reality check. Hundreds of thousands of tibetans come for that in India from tibet; one reason also being to catch a glimpse of the man himself.

Anyway, you are Chinese it is hard for you to acknowledge as it is hard for indians to acknowledge that Kashmiris, if given the choice, would dissociate themselves from India or for that matter the Nagas. It is called bias towards one's self nation. You are not a tibetan, but i have tibetan relatives and some of them are monks (even an abbot) in monasteries in Amdo and Kham region of Tibet. I talk from my own experience.

BTW, the feeling of dissent in those tibetan areas which have been separated from TAR by CCP.

CCP got a special Visa for people from AP(or South Tibet whatever it is called), Indian Customs won't allow you to be on board if you hold that special Visa. Any other way to make it through instead of slipping across? I mean people from AP is more sensitive than from any other Indian territory, hope it will be fine in the future.

people are arunachal are proud of their Indian identity. Shouldn't we be allowed to choose our destiny. In the end it is our land and not that of the Han leadership of China. It is our choice as to which country we want to remain with.

saying that, it is very unfortunate that we don't get a chance to visit China. Students from all over India ( and majority from NE) study medicine in China except our State. Those arunachalee who want to go to China for medical studies have to show Assam as their state of domicile after bribing officials in assam and getting a domicile certificate of that state or by buying property in assam.

but for the time being, the Dalai Lama is the one to whom the tibetans are loyal.

the incumbent dalai is over 80 years old, his time is not much.
and the next dalai lama,has small probability to become a fanatical separatist .
and you should know that there are two spiritual leaders of Tibetan Buddhism,the other is Panchen

people are arunachal are proud of their Indian identity. Shouldn't we be allowed to choose our destiny. In the end it is our land and not that of the Han leadership of China. It is our choice as to which country we want to remain with.

saying that, it is very unfortunate that we don't get a chance to visit China. Students from all over India ( and majority from NE) study medicine in China except our State. Those arunachalee who want to go to China for medical studies have to show Assam as their state of domicile after bribing officials in assam and getting a domicile certificate of that state or by buying property in assam.
Tell me the reason you wanna be a Indian instead of being a Chinese. No offence, just curious.
You have my sympathy regarding your difficult experience.

Tell me the reason you wanna be a Indian instead of being a Chinese. No offence, just curious.

First of all, we were never Chinese (or Indian before the 20th cntury).

As for historical links, we got historical links with both India and Tibet.

For the reason of rationality we would choose India.

1. The language problem, we donot have any language problem here. Hindi isn't forced onto us and there is no need to learn hindi if we don't want to. Same cannot be said about China.

2. Remoteness. With China, we would be the most remote region. Even tibet and Xinjiang isn't much developed, how can we expect development all of a sudden. Further, with India we are not that remote. Being on the southern slopes of Himalayas, it is geographically better for us to be with India. Most of Aruanchal is not mountaineous and have good connectivity with the valleys of Assam, while the reach the same place from north would be a hazardous task. the topography is punishing here, something the indian army knows well.

3. Cuz we have well acquainted ourselves with India and our firm believe in democracy where we choose our own leaders.

4. It was GoI that created Aruanchal Pradesh. What you called south tibet never existed as one unit. Barring the two eastern districts, most of arunachal was ruled over by Ahoms.
Moreover, there are three major groups of tribes in aruanchal with almost no similarity among them :-
i) eastern buddhists tribes : Monpas and Sherdukpens (now boguns also)
ii) the tanis (comprising almost 80% population of aruanchal and the land area also), they were under the influence of the british but never the tibetans.
iii) the nagas of three western districts (changlang, tirap and longding) whjo again have no connection with tibet or china.

So only region that tibet may claim is the two eastern districts, where China will find the most resistance owing to fierce allegiance to the dalai lama.

the incumbent dalai is over 80 years old, his time is not much.
and the next dalai lama,has small probability to become a fanatical separatist .
and you should know that there are two spiritual leaders of Tibetan Buddhism,the other is Panchen

the next dalai lama shall have no political significance.

The Dalai Lama has given up political role of the seat of dalai lama for good. Tibetans now vote for their PM who is their political representative. Dalai Lama has nothing to do with politics now.

Yeah, i remember the Panchen. Kidnapped by the Communists when he was just 11 and then a puppet was installed in his place.

BTW, do you know the history of tibetan buddhism and it's four schools? The puupet panchen is not recognised by the tibetans. people are forced to go to his meetings. He is the real wolf in sheep's clothing, fooling his own brethren, while the real panchen has probably been killed by CCP when he was just a kid.

If India goverment allows you guys live in AP to hold a independence referendum. What do you think will be the result?

What if India own AP and China owns Aksai Chin. Deal or not?

Any one who feels not happy in Tibet is allowed to move to India or AP as they will, how about that?
Any one who wanna study medicine in China from AP will be leased a normal Visa how is that?

My worry is if we compromise AP, India will further its request on Aksai Chin and Tibet.

Any one who feels not happy in Tibet is allowed to move to India or AP as they will, how about that?

if you make a deal with anyone here? how will it affect the real world?

the first part i agree with.

but there should be no movement of population. tibet and Arunachal belong to tibetans and arunachalis first. Why should we move from our land just because some mainland indian or han politician think our land is an integral part of them.

if you make a deal with anyone here? how will it affect the real world?

that deal should be worked out in the real world. India can never get Aksai Chin and China will never get Arunachal. It is, but pragmatic, to keep egos and nationalism aside and do what is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom