What's new

Lets Track Him: Bilawal's Man - Murtaza Wahab for Karachi

For your kind feedback. Sindhi language was banned by Liaquat Ali Khan (Hindustani Muhajir) from 1948-1972 and when it was revived in 1972, the Hindustani Muhajirs did riots and killed native Sindhis over it. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Language_violence_in_Sindh

As for assimilation. More than half of Sindhis aren’t Sindhis by origin but of various different origins mainly being Baloch and Punjabi with some from other origins. Some of them don’t even speak Sindhi as first language but as second. They all consider themselves as Sindhi.

It’s the problem with Hindustani Muhajirs seeing native culture as inferior. They won’t assimilate, neither did their Bihari brethren did in Bangladesh despite total imposition of Bengali
And why tf are you blaming it all on Muhajirs?

Do the Pashtuns, Hindkos and Punjabis in Karachi learn Sindhi? As of now Muhajirs are not even majority in Karachi. What's stopping Karachi from becoming a Sindhi city?

You need to wake up to the fact that Karachi is a multi-ethnic city. You cannot impose your Sindhi culture on the city.

Don't blame your goddamn xenophobia on us. Have you forgotten how worked up you guys and your leaders were when Kashmiris were being settled on an island in the Indus delta?

Your whole base of Sindhi nationalism is tied in with 1971. The fall of Dhaka is when Sindhi nationalism took hold and you started these UP-Bihar paan khau bhaiyya taunts after you saw what happened to the Biharis.

Sindhi nationalism is older than 1971. Sindhi nationalism’s founder is GM Syed who ironically also happened to be leader of Khilafat movement in Sindh and one of the founding father of Pakistan who was jailed for 33 years in a country he made.

It’s only after 1971 that a federation with proper constitution came in and a Sindhi was elected as PM.

Why are you Sindhis so butthurt against Bengalis then? Agar itni mohabbat hai toh why don't you people let the Bengali and Burmese residents in Karachi get citizenship?

We are against anyone who doesn’t call Sindh his motherland but has only come to divide it.

And why tf are you blaming it all on Muhajirs?

They are only one who have called for breakup of Sindh. They are only one to riot and kill native Sindhis over little thing as reviving a native language. They want to dominate us.

Do the Pashtuns, Hindkos and Punjabis in Karachi learn Sindhi? As of now Muhajirs are not even majority in Karachi. What's stopping Karachi from becoming a Sindhi city?

I’m fine with anyone who assimilates and call Sindh his motherland. He is no different than me. But difference between Hindustani Muhajirs and other ethnicities is that those other ethnicities actually have a land of their own. But Hindustani Muhajirs are landless, they aren’t native to any region in Pakistan

That's honestly the most dumbest take ever.

Punjab does not have a Punjabi identity unlike Sindh. Punjabi elites speak Urdu. And Punjabi Muhajirs came from East Punjab, which was part of undivided Punjab. They were in a way coming back home.

But @pakpride00090 honestly imho we should learn Sindhi and intermarry with Sindhis. If it will help our future generations, so be it.

Enough of this "hum ne qurbaniyaan di iss Pak watan ke liye"....ghanta Pak watan that can't even listen to us.
@MultaniGuy please share your perspective as a UP Muhajir in Punjab (btw we both felt lack of intermingling of both Sindhis and muhajirs is an issue)

underlined thing is exactly what should have been happening since the 50s,

Also yeah I don't know about the Punjabi identity part, yeah there's no single Punjabi but no Punjabi identity is ignorant ah - you need more interactions with genuine Punjabis, live in Punjab for a while so you wouldn't make this crazy statement

almost every Urdu speaker in Punjab knows Punjabi, intermarry with Punjabis (hell my family is Kokhars/jutt so as Punjabi as it gets, bunch of our family members are married to Urdu speakers) , grow up in Punjabi neighborhoods and not live in their own little corners (while at the same time Punjabis have taken part of their culture too- hell muhajir culture is WAY overrepresented in Pakistan so crying about evil Pakistan is crazy unfair)

That's why there are no big issues- assimilation, assimilation, assimilation

while Sindhis need to realize Karachi is a gone case and it was bound to be that way, and should be open to a Karachi province (while they hold every right to ask for assimilation in areas outside of Karachi)

look at NYC, Mumbai etc they are multi ethnic , port cities are supposed to be like that (this equally applies to Muhajirs claiming Karachi as "their", port cities like that are nations cities not ethnic cities )
Sindhi nationalism is older than 1971. Sindhi nationalism’s founder is GM Syed who ironically also happened to be leader of Khilafat movement in Sindh and one of the founding father of Pakistan who was jailed for 33 years in a country he made.

It’s only after 1971 that a federation with proper constitution came in and a Sindhi was elected as PM.

We are against anyone who doesn’t call Sindh his motherland but has only come to divide it.

They are only one who have called for breakup of Sindh. They are only one to riot and kill native Sindhis over little thing as reviving a native language. They want to dominate us.

I’m fine with anyone who assimilates and call Sindh his motherland. He is no different than me. But difference between Hindustani Muhajirs and other ethnicities is that those other ethnicities actually have a land of their own. But Hindustani Muhajirs are landless, they aren’t native to any region in Pakistan
but why are you holding it against em?- they practically made Pakistan from the ground up

while Sindhis need to realize Karachi is a gone case and it was bound to be that way, and should be open to a Karachi province (while they hold every right to ask for assimilation in areas outside of Karachi)

They won’t give up on Karachi. Whatever you say. Every Sindhi is a militant about Karachi. Every class, they haven’t forgotten when Karachi was forcefully taken over from Sindh in 1948.

They won’t give up on Karachi. Whatever you say. Every Sindhi is a militant about Karachi. Every class, they haven’t forgotten when Karachi was forcefully taken over from Sindh in 1948.
but they are idiots for that (if they are talking about Hyderabad or something I get it- infact I might even support it)

Its normal for major port cities to be multi-ethnic, happens everywhere in the world, will happen to Gwadar too if something comes out of it

and if you do it to Muhajirs, what's next Pashtun?, Punjabis? Seraiki?
what's the end game here?

its unacceptable and a clash is bound to happen unless one accepts it as nations city and not an ethnic city

That's exactly where your xenophobia comes from. The fact that Muhajirs don't have a land of their own. You still call us Hindustani in your inner circles after 7 decades. You know there will be huge pushback if you tried any of this Sindhi nationalist xenophobic shit with Pashtuns or Punjabis.

Now stop playing the victim in front of me. As if Muhajirs have had any power to divide your Sindhi dharti since the 1960s.

If we try to assimilate (as Muhajirs have in inner Sindh) you guy don't accept us as your own. I know of a few Muhajir people who had to leave their towns in Sindh after Benazir was killed. @pakpride00090 can shine some light
but they are idiots for that (if they are talking about Hyderabad or something I get it- infact I might even support it)

Its normal for major port cities to be multi-ethnic, happens everywhere in the world, will happen to Gwadar too if something comes out of it

and if you do it to Muhajirs, what's next Pashtun?, Punjabis? Seraiki?
what's the end game here?

its unacceptable and a clash is bound to happen unless one accepts it as nations city and not an ethnic city
That's what they hope to do to Pashtuns (except Pashtuns will rip these Sindhis a new one and they won't even know what hit them).

These days, the target of Sindhi xenophobia is Pashtun (carefully disguised by calling them Afghans). After all, Pashtun population is just a few percentage points below Muhajirs and will overtake us in a decade or two.
@MultaniGuy please share your perspective as a UP Muhajir in Punjab (btw we both felt lack of intermingling of both Sindhis and muhajirs is an issue)

Also yeah I don't know about the Punjabi identity part, yeah there's no single Punjabi but no Punjabi identity is ignorant ah - you need more interactions with genuine Punjabis, live in Punjab for a while so you wouldn't make this crazy statement

almost every Urdu speaker in Punjab knows Punjabi, intermarry with Punjabis (hell my family is Kokhars/jutt so as Punjabi as it gets, bunch of our family members are married to Urdu speakers) , grow up in Punjabi neighborhoods and not live in their own little corners (while at the same time Punjabis have taken part of their culture too- hell muhajir culture is WAY overrepresented in Pakistan so crying about evil Pakistan is crazy unfair)

look at NYC, Mumbai etc they are multi ethnic , port cities are supposed to be like that (this equally applies to Muhajirs claiming Karachi as "their", port cities like that are nations cities not ethnic cities )

but why are you holding it against em?- they practically made Pakistan from the ground up
Muhajirs don't have issues intermingling. These Sindhis are unnaturally hung up in the 1960s and they exaggerate the narrative that Muhajirs don't intermingle. Those that live in Sindh do. Only Karachiites don't because Karachi is a multi-ethnic city with an Urdu character.

Sindhi xenophobia is not driven by Muhajirs not intermingling. They are this way with Pashtuns, Bengalis and Burmese too. 3 million Bengalis and Rohingyas live in Karachi (their ancestors came in the 1950s and 1960s) but PPP and Sindhi jiyalas stand in the way of them getting citizenship

Last edited:
For your kind feedback. Sindhi language was banned by Liaquat Ali Khan (Hindustani Muhajir) from 1948-1972 and when it was revived in 1972, the Hindustani Muhajirs did riots and killed native Sindhis over it. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Language_violence_in_Sindh

As for assimilation. More than half of Sindhis aren’t Sindhis by origin but of various different origins mainly being Baloch and Punjabi with some from other origins. Some of them don’t even speak Sindhi as first language but as second. They all consider themselves as Sindhi.

It’s the problem with Hindustani Muhajirs seeing native culture as inferior. They won’t assimilate, neither did their Bihari brethren did in Bangladesh despite total imposition of Bengali

Incorrect on all counts.

Urdu was declared national language because Quaid said so. It was done to promote ease of communication among different provinces. Promotion of one ethnic language would have caused trouble in communication. I would like a neutral source that sindhi was banned in the province. Also , Article 251(1) of the Pakistani Constitution mandates that Urdu be implemented as the sole language of government, though English continues to be the most widely used language at the higher echelons of Pakistani government .

Riots in the aftermath of 1972 bill was directly the fault of racist bhutto and his sindhi cronies. When he knew that a good chunk of population can't speak sindhi , then what was the point of imposing that language on them. If he really was sincere , he would have included both of the languages as official languages of sindh.

This was nothing but an example of ethnic discrimination done by the hands of ethnic chauvinists. Also , we came to Pakistan to become Pakistanis , not sindhis or any other ethnicity... Even if we wanted to assimilate , it should have been a gradual and an organic process , not a forceful one.

Nobody considers sindhi culture to be inferior. It is just a dog whistle and propaganda from toxic sindhi nationalists to undermine and dehumanize muhajirs so that they could carry out their racist policies.

BIharis were killed because they wanted to be part of Pakistan. Not because they couldn't speak bengali. A lot of them could actually understand bengali.

Most sindhis are either ethnic sindhis or of baloch ancestry... sindhis of punjabi ancestry who speak sindhi as first language are a very tiny tiny part of Sindh.

Both the sindhis and Balochis consider Punjabis to be their enemy number one. Go read G M syeds book and you will know. The kind of hatred they espouse against Punjabis is unfathomable. The good thing is that most punjabis can't read sindhi so they aren't aware of the hatred that is within sindhi and balochi people against them. Sindhi and baloch people are twins in being a threat to state of Pakistan. One wants to make sindhodesh and other azad balochistan.

Last edited:
That's what they hope to do to Pashtuns (except Pashtuns will rip these Sindhis a new one and they won't even know what hit them).

These days, the target of Sindhi xenophobia is Pashtun (carefully disguised by calling them Afghans). After all, Pashtun population is just a few percentage points below Muhajirs and will overtake us in a decade or two.

What ANP could do in Karachi against MQM was because of our blessing and support. I say let the army not leave their garrisons for a month in Sindh. You will see what we can do than

It’s only the army and PPP with it’s federal ambitions which is stopping us. If it wasn’t for it, we would have cleansed our motherland in 1990s

Last edited:
I haven't lived in Punjab enough to know about it. I meant it in the sense that Punjabis do not militantly hold onto their language and the idea of a Punjabi dharti like Sindhis do
almost every Urdu speaker in Punjab knows Punjabi, intermarry with Punjabis (hell my family is Kokhars/jutt so as Punjabi as it gets, bunch of our family members are married to Urdu speakers) , grow up in Punjabi neighborhoods and not live in their own little corners (while at the same time Punjabis have taken part of their culture too- hell muhajir culture is WAY overrepresented in Pakistan so crying about evil Pakistan is crazy unfair
This is a very centrist statement. Muhajir ghettos formed because of discrimination. Would you say the Hazara ghetto in Quetta is because they refuse to intermingle? The reason Muhajirs intermingled in Punjab was because Punjabis weren't xenophobic. Muhajirs were literally killed in Hyderabad by Sindhi MPA Qadir Magsi's gangs after which they ghettoized in Latifabad
What ANP could do in Karachi against MQM was because of our blessing and support. I say let the army not leave their garrisons for a month in Sindh. You will see what we can do than

It’s only the PPP and it’s federal ambitions which is stopping us. If it wasn’t for it, we would have cleansed our motherland in 1990s
Aah there it is. The true Sindhi xenophobe I was trying to bring out. You racists hide behind your victim narratives but we Muhajirs very well know your true face.

Baby, we are anyways out of your shithole. We're barely 40% and that too only in Karachi.

The Pashtuns and Punjabis will rip you such a new one, you won't know what hit you. Pashtuns control all of Karachi's transport and scrap. You think Punjabi Malik Riaz will give up his business interests for Sindhi dharti maa? Abay chal. Karachi will never be yours even if there isn't a single Muhajir here.

@pakpride00090 the Sindhi showed his true fascist side after all.

It’s only the PPP and it’s federal ambitions which is stopping us. If it wasn’t for it, we would have cleansed our motherland in 1990s
Aah there it is. The true Sindhi xenophobe I was trying to bring out. You racists hide behind your victim narratives but we Muhajirs very well know your true face.

Baby, we are anyways out of your shithole. We're barely 40% and that too only in Karachi.

The Pashtuns and Punjabis will rip you such a new one, you won't know what hit you. Pashtuns control all of Karachi's transport and scrap. You think Punjabi Malik Riaz will give up his business interests in Bahria Town Karachi for Sindhi dharti maa? He will keep evicting your Sindhi brethren Abay chal. Karachi will never be yours even if there isn't a single Muhajir here.

@pakpride00090 the Sindhi showed his true fascist side after all.

Last edited:

Personally, I find it easy to identify with the Pakistani Punjabi community since we speak Urdu.

My mother and father are Pathans. Most of my relatives live in Rawalpindi and in Islamabad.

G M Syed switched sides after Pakistan was formed. He wanted to throw all muhajirs in arabian sea and considered punjabis to be enemy number one.

1971 was the turning point in his life. He became full blown traitor and demanded sindhudesh. Fall of Dhaka was like an inspiration to him . He thought that he could replicate the same success over here that bengalis were able to achieve in east Pakistan. He was house arrested because he became a traitor.

Rioting started because of decades of discrimination by the sindhi people against muhajirs. Besides , if it weren't for us , Pakistan would have never been formed. Nobody wants to dominate anyone , just a sindhi propaganda against muhajirs.

We all saw sindhi rioting and damage after BB was killed . So much civilized huh... We all saw what happened at bahria town karachi few weeks back. Qadir magsi ? JSQM ? SRA ? Bashir Qureshi ?

Not really , those hindu properties left by sindhi hindus is ours now. It was all done in exchange. Now we are the owners of those lands... Nothing can change that fact.

Pakistan is not a place for urdu speakers. Move out from this trash. This country is for P only.

It’s only the army and PPP with it’s federal ambitions which is stopping us. If it wasn’t for it, we would have cleansed our motherland in 1990s

Again incorrect on all Counts.

It is actually the army and punjabis that is holding us back to teach these pathetic sindhis a lesson. We always bounced back after every operation. We eliminated all rangers and police personnel's that conducted operations against us ,especially after 1992.

We kicked out whole sindhi communities from kacha qila, pakka qila , latifabad and other half of hyderabad. Whole of Karachi was vacated by us from sindhis who tried to flush us out.. JSQM and other cronies were killed in masses.

Hyderabad was partially captured and Khi was totally under our control. You should be happy that Punjabis are still not fully aware of the kind of bigoted and genocidal views sindhi hold against them.

Still now , half of hyderabad is under control and you only comprise 9 to 10 percent of khi population.

Back
Top Bottom