What's new

Lets Track Him: Bilawal's Man - Murtaza Wahab for Karachi

Get out of Pakistan while you can.

It's a sinking ship.

Shahzeb murder case was just a glimpse of the start of feudal rule in Karachi. Intelligent Muhajirs knew what was going to happen few years down the line.
Sorry to say that I've only seen Karachiites do the fearmongering; especially privileged burger bachas. I have extended family with 1-2 Kanal houses in Nazimabad/Bahria badmouthing the country like there's no tomorrow.

My grandparents were from UP too and got to Pakistan with nothing in their hands; on a train that entered after a train that was unloading corpses. I've never seen them utter a word against this country. They built everything from the ground up, got nothing from the government (no land, no nothing) and left this world with only praise for this country.

Jis ne Pakistan me kuch nai krna Canada / USA ja k bi chankana hi bajana hai us ne.

Our grandparents sorry to say couldn't think any better. They had an impractical rosy picture of united ethnicities of Pakistan under the banner of Islam . Their impractical thinking is primarily the reason why our future generations are paying the price.

The murder of biharis and abandonment in 1971 by the state of Pakistan and its people should have taught them enough but as history is any proof, they learned nothing but rather still tried to be more Pakistani than any other ethnicity in Pakistan. Then came the MQM who initially was very good but turned to other toxic extreme which further compounded our problem.

All in all , pretty tragic.

Last edited:
The groundwork for this should have been laid before. Atleast 2 or 3 decades before.

Remember we talked about this before. Our best bet was to populate lower Sindh's districts bordering India with Gujarati Muslims. Especially after the major pogroms they suffered in 1969 and 1985 and then 2002. They would atleast be our people. Shared heritage of migration

But our people have hardly had any vision

Sindhis would have never accepted any refugees. Don't you know how they veraciously campaigned against the resettlement of Bihari refugees in the aftermath of 1971 war ?

General Naserullah Babar , who was PPP's interior minister at that time categorically refused any entry of biharis , Go through this mini thread How repatriations of " Stranded Biharis " was stopped by Sindh. : pakistan (reddit.com)

Karachi shahar ka log shadeed zahni azyat ma hain yaha ka logon ka haqooq salf kr lya gya hain pura Shahar mai barrier laga hua hain iss nasoor na pura Shahar ko barbad kar dya ha Just kick out this bloody ppp from Karachi this is the most favorable thing for this poor City...

Sindhis would have never accepted any refugees. Don't you know how they veraciously campaigned against the resettlement of Bihari refugees in the aftermath of 1971 war ?

General Naserullah Babar , who was PPP's interior minister at that time categorically refused any entry of biharis , Go through this mini thread How repatriations of " Stranded Biharis " was stopped by Sindh. : pakistan (reddit.com)
Well didn't Afghans settle by the millions in the 80s? Were Sindhis able to stop them?

The trick is to buy off waderas and feudals. Sab paise pe chalta hai. You scratch my back, I scratch yours.

PPP is centered in upper Sindh, not in Nagarparkar and the southeastern districts (which border Gujarat). Pretty heavy Hindu population there who travel to India regularly too.

Here the Aga Khani and the Bohra community could have helped us as their kith and kin live in Gujarat mostly.

We have never really thought of ourselves as a qoum unfortunately.

Well didn't Afghans settle by the millions in the 80s? Were Sindhis able to stop them?

The trick is to buy off waderas and feudals. Sab paise pe chalta hai. You scratch my back, I scratch yours.

PPP is centered in upper Sindh, not in Nagarparkar and the southeastern districts (which border Gujarat). Pretty heavy Hindu population there who travel to India regularly too.

Here the Aga Khani and the Bohra community could have helped us as their kith and kin live in Gujarat mostly.

We have never really thought of ourselves as a qoum unfortunately.
interesting ... And the muhajir community still talk about good days in UP.....

Shahzeb murder case was just a glimpse of the start of feudal rule in Karachi. Intelligent Muhajirs knew what was going to happen few years down the line.

Our grandparents sorry to say couldn't think any better. They had an impractical rosy picture of united ethnicities of Pakistan under the banner of Islam . Their impractical thinking is primarily the reason why our future generations are paying the price.

The murder of biharis and abandonment in 1971 by the state of Pakistan and its people should have taught them enough but as history is any proof, they learned nothing but rather still tried to be more Pakistani than any other ethnicity in Pakistan. Then came the MQM who initially was very good but turned to other toxic extreme which further compounded our problem.

All in all , pretty tragic.
Our grandparents were traitors to their people.

I'm so sick of their dukhras~"hum ne bohot qurbaani di Pakistan ke liye".

BC wahan India mein Musalmanon ko second class citizens bana ke agaye Pakistan. These Sindhi/Baloch/Bengalis were always in Muslim majority areas. You made your people already in minority in India even weaker aur ulta us pe fakhar kartey sacrifice ke dukhre ro ke.
interesting ... And the muhajir community still talk about good days in UP.....
I feel sad when I see the Muslims of India today. How helpless they are. They are my blood. Our ancestors threw them under the bus for their so-called "sacrifice"

Going through the past couple of pages, it's just plain sad how bitter urdu speaking community has become. Actually, those migrants who settled elsewhere than sindh, even in KP, were better off as well as most of those who settled down in Punjab.
Badqismati sirf karachi k migrants k hisse mein aayi since I myself personally know families who successfully assimilated into Punjabi n pashtun culture in past decades and now living peacefully will full access to opportunities like any other son of the soil of those provinces.
I'd say sindhi seekh lete waise hi insaani fitrat hai ... qareeb hojate aur aapaus ki achaiyaan aur buraiyaan sudhaar lete overtime.
There is such a huge chunk of ppl in interior sindh who just a generation or 2 before , weren't sindhis! U'll b surprised to learn but today thay have vast swathes of agri land, local domicile etc everything!

Going through the past couple of pages, it's just plain sad how bitter urdu speaking community has become. Actually, those migrants who settled elsewhere than sindh, even in KP, were better off as well as most of those who settled down in Punjab.
Badqismati sirf karachi k migrants k hisse mein aayi since I myself personally know families who successfully assimilated into Punjabi n pashtun culture in past decades and now living peacefully will full access to opportunities like any other son of the soil of those provinces.
I'd say sindhi seekh lete waise hi insaani fitrat hai ... qareeb hojate aur aapaus ki achaiyaan aur buraiyaan sudhaar lete overtime.
There is such a huge chunk of ppl in interior sindh who just a generation or 2 before , weren't sindhis! U'll b surprised to learn but today thay have vast swathes of agri land, local domicile etc everything!
It wasn't us who didn't assimilate. It was always Sindhis who refused to accept any outsider. They are possibly the most xenophobic people in Pakistan. They hate everyone. These days they hate Pashtuns.

Most Muhajirs outside Karachi learned Sindhi but still remained Hindustani. Ask @pakpride00090 he is from Thatta.

Pathans in Balochistan speak Pashto but there is no ethnic xenophobia between the two communities. Punjab is possibly the most ethnically diverse yet no xenophobia. This is only a problem with Sindhis.

Take note of how Muhajirs in Punjab have almost no issues

Try to assimilate...

Take note of how Muhajirs in Punjab have almost no issues

Try to assimilate...
That's honestly the most dumbest take ever.

Punjab does not have a Punjabi identity unlike Sindh. Punjabi elites speak Urdu. And Punjabi Muhajirs came from East Punjab, which was part of undivided Punjab. They were in a way coming back home.

But @pakpride00090 honestly imho we should learn Sindhi and intermarry with Sindhis. If it will help our future generations, so be it.

Enough of this "hum ne qurbaniyaan di iss Pak watan ke liye"....ghanta Pak watan that can't even listen to us.

It wasn't us who didn't assimilate. It was always Sindhis who refused to accept any outsider. They are possibly the most xenophobic people in Pakistan. They hate everyone. These days they hate Pashtuns.

For your kind feedback. Sindhi language was banned by Liaquat Ali Khan (Hindustani Muhajir) from 1948-1972 and when it was revived in 1972, the Hindustani Muhajirs did riots and killed native Sindhis over it. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Language_violence_in_Sindh

As for assimilation. More than half of Sindhis aren’t Sindhis by origin but of various different origins mainly being Baloch and Punjabi with some from other origins. Some of them don’t even speak Sindhi as first language but as second. They all consider themselves as Sindhi.

It’s the problem with Hindustani Muhajirs seeing native culture as inferior. They won’t assimilate, neither did their Bihari brethren did in Bangladesh despite total imposition of Bengali

For your kind feedback. Sindhi language was banned by Liaquat Ali Khan (Hindustani Muhajir) from 1948-1972 and when it was revived in 1972, the Hindustani Muhajirs did riots and killed native Sindhis over it. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Language_violence_in_Sindh

As for assimilation. More than half of Sindhis aren’t Sindhis by origin but of various different origins mainly being Baloch and Punjabi with some from other origins. Some of them don’t even speak Sindhi as first language but as second. They all consider themselves as Sindhi.

It’s the problem with Hindustani Muhajirs seeing native culture as inferior. They won’t assimilate, neither did their Bihari brethren did in Bangladesh despite total imposition of Bengali
Your whole base of Sindhi nationalism is tied in with 1971. The fall of Dhaka is when Sindhi nationalism took hold and you started these UP-Bihar paan khau bhaiyya taunts after you saw what happened to the Biharis.

Why are you Sindhis so butthurt against Bengalis then? Agar itni mohabbat hai toh why don't you people let the Bengali and Burmese residents in Karachi get citizenship?

Don't blame your xenophobia on Muhajirs. You guys are now repeating the same xenophobic bullshit about Pashtuns.

Muhajirs are suffering now because we made a deal with the devil (Altaf) and let him lead us all to hell. We had able representative in religious parties who always dominated urban Sindh vote, but we let the anti-establishment, anti-Pakistan anti-Punjabi/pukhtoon and anti-sunni elements in PPP/MQM nexus brainwash us into doing their bidding for the last 4 decades.

We are reaping what we sowed...

Back
Top Bottom