What's new

Lets Take on LCA

Can any indian in here tell us how much the LCA cost? and why cant india buld the engine without foreign help .

Thanks

SATAN said:
Can any indian in here tell us how much the LCA cost? and why cant india buld the engine without foreign help .
Glad to help you.
how much the LCA cost?
The LCA is likely to cost about $15-17 million per ac.
and why cant india buld the engine without foreign help?
The same reason why China and Pakistan have not been able to make an engine for the JF-17,i.e of expertise.

DRDO is now working with Israel to improve on the arjun and build Arjun ll.

Dont believe everything written on a another forum.They pulled a trick and you fell for it.

Nothing called Arjun-II is being developed.

sword9 said:
Glad to help you.
how much the LCA cost?
The LCA is likely to cost about $15-17 million per ac.
and why cant india buld the engine without foreign help?
The same reason why China and Pakistan have not been able to make an engine for the JF-17,i.e of expertise.

But i thought india can build anything from a tank to a space shuttle lunar launch vehicle? doesnt india have the largest number of scientits, engineers , Phds, computer nerds etc? so why cant it build an engine??? isnt india a superpower? :cheesy:

SATAN said:
But i thought india can build anything from a tank to a space shuttle lunar launch vehicle? doesnt india have the largest number of scientits, engineers , Phds, computer nerds etc? so why cant it build an engine???
I answered that question in my earlier post.
isnt india a superpower?
It will be one in the near future.:thumbsup:

Kaiser said:
No!
The arjun tank is a failiure on every basis.
And arjun is not a technology demenstrator it was meant to be fully inducted into the Indian army by 1989 and at its time would have been "on paper" in the league of the latest western tanks.DRDO so far only contributed to the deisgn of the arjun which lacked crew protect and even tank protection (by western standards).Most of the arjun parts are fully imported and bairly any are made in India accept the armor which is pretty advanced on paper (what kind of technology demenstrator has all of its tech imported?).The T-90's were aquired to counter the purshase of the t-80UD tanks and not the al-khalid which India still hase no counter against and would still face harder opposition in the future when the al-khalid 2 is inducted.Even the t-80UD has been updated to the t-84 standard which make it better than t-90.

If you dont agree with any of my points of the arjun above then here's a link http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORCES/Army/Arjun.html

Agreed 100%

Tariq Iqbal said:
Chances of LCA being acquired is very low. LCA is said to be inducted in 2008 in limited numbers, and full induction is close to 2010. Even right now the further delays are expected, because LCA is not yet meeting the IAF requirements to be the frontline multi-mission singal-seat tacticial aircraft. I dont want to make this JF-17 versus LCA thread, but JF-17 is way better than LCA in performance, and in almost everything, and is continuing to improve, not just that JF-17 have already started its full production.

i got 2 questions

1. why did it take so long for India to built a plane?like 25 years??
2.Does LCA stands for Low Class Aircaft?

Comanche said:
i got 2 questions

1. why did it take so long for India to built a plane?like 25 years??
The LCA project started in 1985 almost the same time as the J-10. The J-10 finished 3 years ago since India has not yet mastered the art of reverse engineering, we try and honour copy right clauses.
Comanche said:
2.Does LCA stands for Low Class Aircaft?
Thats just to fool the enemy.;)

sword9 said:
The LCA project started in 1985 almost the same time as the J-10. The J-10 finished 3 years ago since India has not yet mastered the art of reverse engineering, we try and honour copy right clauses.

Thats just to fool the enemy.;)

sword9 does that mean india is copied the design for the low class aircraft or did it built it from scratch? what does copyright clauses have to do with the LCA. and J10 is just the lavi fighter design sold to china.

why would you try to fool the enemy? and who is your enemy these days

Comanche said:
sword9 does that mean india is copied the design for the low class aircraft or did it built it from scratch?
How old are you?
what does copyright clauses have to do with the LCA. and J10 is just the lavi fighter design sold to china.
Fighter design is of little concern, its is the avonics and engine that count.
why would you try to fool the enemy? and who is your enemy these days
We have one and its not the obvious one, he remains quiet. Solve this riddle and you have the answer.

What do u mean by google.com:cool: ? Im not against any nation and im not pointing straight at India, but i gotta say that i dont see India becoming super power atleast for next 2 or 3 decades, Just watch around and look at other different developed countries, u think they are just fooling around.
Nah mate? Not yet, still alot more to do.

Hope one day....

Can any body tells me what are the specifications of LCA? Indians on some forums claimed that LCA is in the class of F16s and grippen, is that make any sence??

Owais said:
Can any body tells me what are the specifications of LCA? Indians on some forums claimed that LCA is in the class of F16s and grippen, is that make any sence??

The LCA is good as the Gripen JAS-35 but, what good is a JAS-35 in the 21st century? The thunder is just alittle inferior to the latest version of the Gripen and as good as the f-16 block 30.

melb4aust said:
.... i dont see India becoming super power atleast for next 2 or 3 decades, Just watch around and look at other different developed countries, u think they are just fooling around.
Nah mate? Not yet, still alot more to do.

Hope one day....
Neither do the Indians think that the are a super power, but we know that we are on the way towards that goal. But before that goal is fulfilled, there are many grass root problems that have to be solved in India, and most of these are socila and economic in issues.

"The woods are lonely dark and deep, and I have miles to go before I sleep".

sword9 said:
Neither do the Indians think that the are a super power, but we know that we are on the way towards that goal. But before that goal is fulfilled, there are many grass root problems that have to be solved in India, and most of these are socila and economic in issues.

"The woods are lonely dark and deep, and I have miles to go before I sleep".

Dont you guyz think that Population is a issue as well. Whats a point of becoming a super power if the people are living with poverty, without evey day necessities, without sheds, and with hunger(no food).

These things gotta resolve before even considering of becoming a super power man.
Buddy woods here are extermely dark and deep. Hope u understand!!!

Back
Top Bottom