What's new

Let us set the record straight

KingMamba

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Many people say Punjabis dominate and control Pakistan so let us see the just how true such a statement is-

Liaqat Ali Khan- 2 years in office and assassinated he was a Punjabi Jatt.
Khwaja Nazimuddin- 3 years in office he was a Bengali.
Mohammad Ali Bogra- 2 years in office, Bengali.
Chaudry Muhammad Ali- 1 year in office, Punjabi from Jalandar.
Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy- 1 year in office, Bengali.
Ibrahim Ismail Chundrigar- 2 months, Muhajir.
Feroz Khan Noon- 1 year in office, Punjabi jatt or rajput

It should be noted that during the administration of the four Prime ministers above the real power was actually in the hands of Iskander Mirza who was President of Pakistan, about 3 years in office Bengali.

Next came Ayub Khan and his martial law- Dictator, 11 year, Pashtun.
Next Yahya Khan, 2 years as President, Pashtun.
Next back to Prime Ministership, Zulfiqar Bhutto- 4 years in office as Prime minister but previous two years as civilian dictator President, so 6 years, Sindhi Rajput.

Next again dictatorship, Zia ul Haq 10 years, Punjabi.

Benazir Bhutto- 3 year, Sindhi. (PM)
Nawaz sharif- 2 years, Kashmiri. (PM)

Musharaff- 9 years of power in total, Muhajir.

Zardari- 5 years in power, Sindhi of Baloch descent.

Current Nawaz about a year, again Kashmiri.

So basically a Punjabi only really ruled Pakistan during Liaqat Ali Khan and Zia ul Haq so 12 years out of 65+, yet Punjabis are blamed for everything and Pakistan is called Punjabistan? Please discuss inteligently.

@Armstrong @Pak-one @Hyperion @LoveIcon @Secur @Leader @RazPaK @Talon @Marshmallow @Aeronaut @Icarus @Rashid Mahmood @EyanKhan @cb4

Last edited:
Whats there to discuss? Many dont even know any of the things mentioned in OP post! People keep blaming the dead ....some seem to get a kick out of it :unsure:

Like how many blame Zia ul Haq who has been dead for decades! But no one blames those who followed him and did nothing to stop the "so called disaster" Zia ul haq created! Meaning that 1 man managed to defeat everyone after him from his grave! :blink:

"Domination" and "Control" depend on a whole tier of bureaucrats and senior leaders, both civil and military. So the titular head and counting years at the top does not mean much for a fair comparison.

You will notice my friend that I did not name all supposed Prime Ministers or Presidents of Pakistan for exactly this reason, historically speaking the people I have named were the ones actually in charge and I have acknowledged the ones who are questionable.

You will notice my friend that I did not name all supposed Prime Ministers or Presidents of Pakistan for exactly this reason, historically speaking the people I have named were the ones actually in charge and I have acknowledged the ones who are questionable.

The person at the top is rarely "actually in charge", even among the ones you mention. That is the problem with your line of reasoning.

Who blame Punjab they say that others like Ayub, Yahya, Bhutto were Punjabised people and Nawaz Sharif is considered Punjabi not Kashmiri ---- so, you argument will not make any difference. :lol:

Doesn't matter lala you see common Punjabi getting blamed anyway someone has to show the truth. Common Punjabi is not like you or me we are relatively privileged compared to common punjabi who themselves live like animals under feudals, yet big hearted commoner will welcome all Pakistanis to come and live in our Punjab but can a Punjabi live anywhere outside of Punjab in Pakistan safely sir? :(:(

The person at the top is rarely "actually in charge", even among the ones you mention. That is the problem with your line of reasoning.

So who was in power feudals? I myself am from "privilege" and my uncles left in Pakistan are themselves feudal and part of PMLN but even my family influence I know the extent of so do not get carried away and act like feudals will be telling top leadership what to do cuz I know for a fact Nawaz will not listen if he does not want too. :wave:

Doesn't matter lala you see common Punjabi getting blamed anyway someone has to show the truth. Common Punjabi is not like you or me we are relatively privileged compared to common punjabi who themselves live like animals under feudals, yet big hearted commoner will welcome all Pakistanis to come and live in our Punjab but can a Punjabi live anywhere outside of Punjab in Pakistan safely sir? :(:(

Meeti paaoo ji - Punjabi dil qismat wallon ko milta hai. :pop:

Blame game is for those who lack some introspection and you would not see a much difference if its Punjabi ruler or Sindhi/ Pashtuns. We have peopel who even care how many Pashtusn are playing in Pakistani cricket team because they have this habit of looking at everything through ethnic lenses :)

I' am not a racist but fact is fact. Punjabis mostly dominate Pakistan in every field...not merely on merit.

And those people are @$$h0l3s who say Pakistan is Punjabistan. Punjabis are not stopping any other ethnic group to keep their head in poverty & stone age. If you have will you can do anything & everything.

Back
Top Bottom