What's new

۩۞۩ Lessons from Indonesia, for the rest of the world ۩۞۩

You would be friends with our enemy ? :cray:

Pakistan always has a good place in our heart :pakistan:, and I hope we can focus more on Middle East Problem.

Talking about Indonesia politics, we have the left (PDI-P/Soekarnoist) who doesn't like Army because 1966 event, the right (PKS, PAN. etc) that also wants to make Army stay out from the politics even though they are with the Army to topple the left in 1966 (since Soekarno abandon democracy, wage war to Malaysia, British etc and empower comunist party), The center right (Golkar, Democrat) that understand that Army politics will not bring our country get stronger (they are closed to Army and Islam politics (Himpunan Mahasiswa Islam-thats why Anti **** law is supported and legalized under Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono term (opposed by PDI-P), and the Army itself that likes Democracy because it makes the country get stronger. All parties respect democracy system. Beside that, we have good and strong Press power. And very strong civil society, including with two powerful moderate Islamic organization, Muhammadiyah and NU. Muhammadiyah has huge contribution during 1998 event to oppose Soeharto.

So, look Egypt/ Turkey/Tunisia that has the left (secular) who wants to bring Army into the politics to win over the right. They have the society that dont respect the rule of the game and prefer short term achievement over the long run one. Same like Thailand.

We are a very good lesson, no doubt about it, AlhamduliLLAH.

Last edited:
Precisely. "Indonesia model" will only work on Indonesia. Many people have mistaken Indonesia as possible model for Egypt revolution. The only similarity between both country is that we're both majority muslim countries & a was ruled by the Military. That is where the similarity end.

The only "lesson" we provide right now is to help Burma/Myanmar/whatever the **** they call themselves transition toward Democracy.
What lesson can you provide to Burma, what can you do for Burma? better care of yourself!

Your education system: terribly bad, Pisa shows you as second last in the ranking.
Your economic model: currency collapse, credit fuelled consumption, widening current account and fiscal deficit, plus nationalistic inward looking policy (ban of mineral ore exports)
your democracy? nationalistic outburst (Australia), terrorism (Bali bombing), racial violence (Chinese ethnics), religious intolerance

do you have money and resources to influence Burma? very little, Indonesia`s investment in Myanmar totalled $241, even lower than Vietnam $500ml (stand 2012).

you are delusional.

What lesson can you provide to Burma, what can you do for Burma? better care of yourself!

Your education system: terribly bad, Pisa shows you as second last in the ranking.
Your economic model: currency collapse, credit fuelled consumption, widening current account and fiscal deficit, plus nationalistic inward looking policy (ban of mineral ore exports)
your democracy? nationalistic outburst (Australia), terrorism (Bali bombing), racial violence (Chinese ethnics), religious intolerance

do you have money and resources to influence Burma? very little, Indonesia`s investment in Myanmar totalled $241, even lower than Vietnam $500ml (stand 2012).

you are delusional.

Don't brag about PISA, most Indonesian student don't even know what PISA is and are not looking it as a standard. Our education index is still above you.

I love it, when people brag about Indonesia's current economic policies without deep understanding about why Indonesian central bank should weaken Rupiah in the 3rd quarter of 2013.

And your information is outdated, Rupiah is now regaining and the Foreign reserves is bouncing back to USD 100 billion. Rupiah strengthens 105 points on Monday afternoon | The Jakarta Post\

The trade is bouncing to surplus Indonesia Trade Surplus Jumps as Pressure on Central Bank Eases - Bloomberg

And of course we ban export on ore mineral, what stupid country would sell unprocessed minerals abroad while at the same time local industries need it? Of course it will threaten the balance of global mineral market as Indonesia is one of key global mineral exporters, but who cares? as long as we get the most of its benefits.

Late, if you wanted to focus about Indonesia, don't bring your proud about Vietnam, because at least our state enterprises are doing well, while over 400 SOEs of Vietnam went bankrupt last year.

you are delusional.

Remind me why I should respond to a Yuon that doesn't even have enough IQ to remember what I just said. I mean seriously didn't I just predicted the Currency will bounce back & a couple of days later it did. Now to top it off we also have a Trade Surplus.

People in glass house shouldn't throw rock. That metaphor fit yours perfectly. Because the last time I check Vietnam's Economy & Human Right is even worse than the Republic.

Have you even look at a map lately?

This is Vietnam:
2153872-410979-vector-map-of-vietnam-country-colored-by-national-flag.jpg

Total Area: 331,210 km2

This is the Republic of Indonesia:
Flag-map-of-indonesia.png

Total Area: 1,904,569 km2

The Republic's large size can only be compared by the resources it held. That's why you don't see a lot of Indonesian expats & That's why there's a new law to review the Export of raw resources for the ever growing Domestic market.

Investment are not everything. China don't just buy Cambodia with money it took years of currying favor with the country since Pol Pot & they have been steadily doing it even after he falls. As such that is why China has been proven to be a time tested friend of Cambodia. In Myanmar the story is almost the same we were once ruled by military dictatorship, both leader were close ally & after Suharto fall the new Republic begin asking Burma to do the same thing. You know the ending.

No need to bragging about Vietnam or Indonesia direct investment abroad value, because in Asean only Singapore and Malaysia make it best 30 around the world

The World Factbook

Remind me why I should respond to a Yuon that doesn't even have enough IQ to remember what I just said. ...
is that all what you can, resorting to insulting instead of staying on topic? are you a Khmer? If you don´t know the meaning of the word, then you better shut up!

You would be friends with our enemy ? :cray:

Both Pakistan and India are our friends

although, history has recorded Indonesia is much prefer to help the Pakistan in several occasion :cheers:

remember who is bringing almost 12 Submarine forces to Andaman and Nicobar islands during 1965 war and again in 1971 war :devil:

I never see the word "gook' .

It is a bad nickname for Korea/Jap/Phi ,right ?

that's a derogatory word coined by those Devil dog Marines for Vietnamese folks.
Yep me too has forgotten it for a long time ago till i reread some novel about Vietnam war lately

that's a derogatory word coined by those Devil dog Marines for Vietnamese folks.
Yep me too has forgotten it for a long time ago till i reread some novel about Vietnam war lately

:cheesy:

remember who is bringing almost 12 Submarine forces to Andaman and Nicobar islands during 1965 war and again in 1971 war :devil:

I mainly know about the role of America and China but never knew Indonesia too was involved.

I mainly know about the role of America and China but never knew Indonesia too was involved.

Yeah we has involved as a deterrence factor to make Indian Navy stopping their pressure against Pakistanis Navy especially in 1971 war, but you know we are right now doesn't have any capabilities in naval projection since our government choose to abandon military posturing in favor of economic developments.

great job by the Indonesians, lets hope we all can also find the courage to drag ourselves out of the state we are in right now....

Back
Top Bottom