What's new

Lenovo overtakes Dell as No. 2 PC brand

LOL, same with Haier right? (Biggest manufacturer of appliances in the world). I'm a Cantonese speaker so I didn't recognize it as Chinese, but after I learned Mandarin then I realized that it was actually "hai er".

I've been looking at Lenovo computers all my life, even before they became a big company, since I was born in Hong Kong.

I would be so happy if all the Chinese people would prefer to buy domestic Chinese brands like Lenovo, instead of brands like Apple. But that is wishful thinking I guess. :P

Lenovo: born in Beijing from the Academy of Sciences, raised in Hong Kong's stock exchange. A perfect breed of technological robustness and market agility, like a tiger.

Tigers always go for the neck. Better watch out HP.

Lenovo: born in Beijing from the Academy of Sciences, raised in Hong Kong's stock exchange. A perfect breed of technological robustness and market agility, like a tiger.

Tigers always go for the neck. Better watch out HP.

Exactly right. :azn: Lenovo is moving upwards, while HP is staying at the same place. It is inevitable.

there are alot of Indians who hate China so much, they would cut off their nose if it had "made in China" on it.

Sometimes my anger gets the better of me and that has resulted in some infractions on PDF,I have always respected both Chinese and Japanese cultures as probably the best in the world,both have impressed me very much.Though I do not like the Saudis at all.Bit I have always loved the two asian cultures -like I love Japanese tech,chinese food and hong kong movie's.

Lenovo is all but dead here in the US.

So Lenovo is growing based on Chinese domestic market sales. Good for them, but irrelevant outside of China.

Yes, Chinese domestic market can let Lennovo become a top 500 company, can your small country let Samsung become one? Without Chinese Market, Ur Tiny Korean will become nothing. So pls be gentle your masters and customers.

Honestly speaking, HP won't be there for long if it does not do some dramatic overall. Firing Mark Hurd is really one of the dumbest things HP has ever done.

To be No. 1 in this type of commodity market (e.g. laptop) is really nothing to brag about. PM is going downhill so fast and selling laptops may be less profitable than selling corns. It is not what it used to be 10 to 15 years ago.

May be HP will sell its PC business in recent years.

Yes, Chinese domestic market can let Lennovo become a top 500 company, can your small country let Samsung become one? Without Chinese Market, Ur Tiny Korean will become nothing. So pls be gentle your masters and customers.
Kinda right. Chinese domestic market is the largest one and still growing at a rapid pace, for most Chinese companies they won't bother exploring a foreign market because of what they enjoy here in China.

Chinese Companies Dominate Forbes Asia's Newest Fab 50 List

Companies from China dominate Forbes Asia’s newest Fab 50 list, our annual scorecard of the region’s best large businesses.

Some 23 companies from China made the 2011 list, compared with only 16 last year.

A large percentage of the founders of the Chinese companies on this year’s Fab 50 list also appear on the newly released Forbes China Rich List. Notable among that group is Sany Heavy Industry, which competes with Caterpillar and Deere in the construction equipment industry and has a record seven members of the new rich list.

The story of Asia is increasingly the story of China, and this year's list of the 50 best publicly traded companies inAsia-Pacific certainly reflects that. Virtually half of the companies--23, to be exact--hail from China. No country has ever boasted close to that number since we started spotlighting the region's most fabulous companies in 2005.

China's gain was largely India's loss. After tying the mainland for the most companies lastyear, India could muster only seven entries this year. Japan, which led the pack with 13 companies six years ago, had no companies this year for the first time, partly a result of the Mar. 11 earthquake. The strong South Korean economy produced eight Fab 50 companies, the most it's had since 2005.

no, do your research, sorry.

there is no point talking to someone that thinks Starbucks is worth more than Huawei.

Forgive him man ignorance like him need a bit of education here. Lenovo is one on the top if not best brand in the PC market that s why they are so expensive, but not only that in a year or two we will see some top brand mobile phones coming out of China too.

PC is going to dire street. HP is struggling if any one in the business should knows. Need to have a clear eyesight for it's road ahead.

Lenovo is a huge player in mobile units too. Seems Apple's real foe. They have exactly the same product line.

ThinkPad Tablet is the coolest Tablet I've ever seen. I don't know if it has a mobile phones plan. But we can imagine it could be horny... ThinkPad Mobile could be a huge brand.

Printers won't be a enough market for HP. I think it need learn from IBM to work more on the cutting edge sides, e.g. high-end servers, cloud computing, and etc.

True I agree with you fully. Just one more update .. HP is soon gonna sell Personal suppliers group (Laptops, desktops etc) . I read HP makes same amount of profit by selling 17 laptops that a Apple makes by selling one...They are only gonna deal with Printers from now...

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

The advantage for Lenovo over other brands is that it always has Chinese market to fall back on. In the worst scenario, I think Chinese government will come for the rescue as well.

PC is going to dire street. HP is struggling if any one in the business should knows. Need to have a clear eyesight for it's road ahead.

Lenovo is a huge player in mobile units too. Seems Apple's real foe. They have exactly the same product line.

ThinkPad Tablet is the coolest Tablet I've ever seen. I don't know if it has a mobile phones plan. But we can imagine it could be horny... ThinkPad Mobile could be a huge brand.

lenovo has mobile similar as iphone.

Back
Top Bottom