What's new

Lenovo overtakes Dell as No. 2 PC brand

Starbucks is more reputable then Lenovo and Haier:rofl:

So what? China indeed cares a lot about No. 100: BHP Billiton than starbucks. I bet indian does the same as well.

You have to say IBM is just so smart by dumping thinkpad while working on its core advantage. Look at its share prices. Even buffett bought a lot of them recently.

Lenovo's success has some with thinkpad's integration. However, most of its success has nothing to do with that. Isn't two or three years ago many people attributed lenovo's financial setbacks to buying ibm's laptop division???

Of course it was a smart move, but lets face it, if it wasn't for the IBM takeover, Lenovo would be nondescript in the international market.

HP is the No 1 ..... Yesssss :chilli: Thats where I wrk........................

So what? China indeed cares a lot about No. 100: BHP Billiton than starbucks. I bet indian does the same as well.

Its just that I expected technological power house like LEnovo, Haier, ZTE and Huawie to be more reputable than Starbucks.

Technology sector is still just one of the overall industry.

You have women and children who care less about Huawei than Cosmetics brands and Lego.

Its just that I expected technological power house like LEnovo, Haier, ZTE and Huawie to be more reputable than Starbucks.

HP is the No 1 ..... Yesssss :chilli: Thats where I wrk........................

Honestly speaking, HP won't be there for long if it does not do some dramatic overall. Firing Mark Hurd is really one of the dumbest things HP has ever done.

To be No. 1 in this type of commodity market (e.g. laptop) is really nothing to brag about. PM is going downhill so fast and selling laptops may be less profitable than selling corns. It is not what it used to be 10 to 15 years ago.

Of course it was a smart move, but lets face it, if it wasn't for the IBM takeover, Lenovo would be nondescript in the international market.

Lenovo would have taken over another major brand if it did not take over ibm's pc division. That is for sure. As what I have said, attibuting lenovo's success or failure singly to ibm's pc division is really exaggerating.

I bet you will also say the reverse comments if lenovo failed miserably today and said that it is all the fault for ibm's pc division take-over.

85 Lenovo Group China 67.94
97 Lockheed Martin (LMT) U.S. 63.51

yeah, it's funny that Lenovo is more reputable than Lockheed Martin

Lenovo would have taken over another major brand if it did not take over ibm's pc division. That is for sure. As what I have said, attibuting lenovo's success or failure singly to ibm's pc division is really exaggerating.

I bet you will also say the reverse comments if lenovo failed miserably today and said that it is all the fault for ibm's pc division take-over.

See its like Tatas JLR takeover.

JLR sales figures have improved ever since. Can we say its because of TATA's brand name and quality?:lol: Of course not.

Chinese companies provide average technology at cheap prices. Nothing wrong with that, but the day consumers will buy Chinese brands for the quality and not for their cheap prices is still far away.

If you take the Chinese domestic market out of the picture, Lenovo and other Chinese brands are still midgets.

Look at European market or US domestic market, what is Lenovo's share?

Western Europe

HP-23%

Acer-15%

Asus-10.6%

Dell- 9.8%

Apple- 7.6%

Asus overtakes Dell in EU PC rankings - Hardware - Technology - News - CRN Australia

US

gartner_3Q11_us.png

Apple's Share of U.S. PC Market Leaps to 12.9% in 3Q 2011 - Mac Rumors

I would like to exchange LM with Lenovo any single day.

85 Lenovo Group China 67.94
97 Lockheed Martin (LMT) U.S. 63.51

yeah, it's funny that Lenovo is more reputable than Lockheed Martin

I bet two or three years ago, you might not have heard HTC brand either.

Even though it is a taiwan brand but it indeed has a lot of integration in mainland China as well with its majority of R&D from Chinese engineers (both mainland and tw)

Well, it is your person opinion to look down upon Chinese R&D ability and technology innovation, or you can call whatever China has achieved as pirated ones from the west.

If it is good for your personal satisfaction, it is fine with me. It seems that nowadays more and more people are amazed by what Chinese engineers and scientists have achieved and produced.

See its like Tatas JLR takeover.

JLR sales figures have improved ever since. Can we say its because of TATA's brand name and quality?:lol: Of course not.

Chinese companies provide average technology at cheap prices. Nothing wrong with that, but the day consumers will buy Chinese brands for the quality and not for their cheap prices is still far away.

If you take the Chinese domestic market out of the picture, Lenovo and other Chinese brands are still midgets.

Look at European market or US domestic market, what is Lenovo's share?

Honestly speaking, HP won't be there for long if it does not do some dramatic overall. Firing Mark Hurd is really one of the dumbest things HP has ever done.

To be No. 1 in this type of commodity market (e.g. laptop) is really nothing to brag about. PM is going downhill so fast and selling laptops may be less profitable than selling corns. It is not what it used to be 10 to 15 years ago.

True I agree with you fully. Just one more update .. HP is soon gonna sell Personal suppliers group (Laptops, desktops etc) . I read HP makes same amount of profit by selling 17 laptops that a Apple makes by selling one...They are only gonna deal with Printers from now...

Back
Top Bottom