What's new

Leaked report: Pakistan had 'major failures' during OBL incident

This is exactly what Islamists wanted by hiding Ben mofo Laden in Abbot Abad.

You are unfortunately become (unknowingly) part of the AQ plot.

peace

I would rather not be a part of the Ghaddaar plot, instead. Funny your assumption presupposes Kayani is a threat to AQ. His sort of incompetence is what every AQ prays for.

I would rather not be a part of the Ghaddaar plot, instead. Funny your assumption presupposes Kayani is a threat to AQ. His sort of incompetence is what every AQ prays for.

I think as an expat, you have no role to play in this.

The only thing you can do is to

A - support our troops
B- Support Islamists.

it is your choice.

peace to you.

May you live long and prosper

May you have great spiritual experience during this holy month.

Amen

While we seem to be obsessed with recriminations, and they certainly have their place, what I don't see is a roadmap for the future.

To cut to the chase, how many people would trust their bank account details, let alone national security, to Nawaaz Sharif?

Sir we dont even trust our leaders with zakat in ramazan and it is for this reason many people give those affidavits stating that they belong to fiqa hanfiya or some just withdraw there money from banks so i dont think people trust them eith their account details

Yaaara. you are arguing for the sake of argument.

It is well known that Pakistani radars detected the intrusion and F-16s were put on alert. Then GHQ asked them to stand down within minutes.

Your are nitpicking a political report. FYI it is not a military analysis of the situation.

Pak army had not given any documented set of military logs from any radar station, or log files of area commanders.

peace to you.

Amen

Strange to fathom how people could believe that a nation with one of the most effective intelligence agencies (ISI) , a powerful military apparatus and a inter-dependent relationship with the USA would not be aware of a prolonged raid deep into its territory. The fact is that the USA was surely aware of Bin Laden's residence in Pakistan some time before the raid was conducted. Pakistani intelligence was surely aware of Bin Laden's residence in Pakistan as well. The ease with which the USA conducted its operation speaks for itself. There surely was collusion. For any Pakistani authority to confess to that collusion to its people would be suicidal. That makes the findings of this commission questionable. It is a half baked report meant to placate and not to implicate

Yaaara. you are arguing for the sake of argument.

It is well known that Pakistani radars detected the intrusion and F-16s were put on alert. Then GHQ asked them to stand down within minutes.

Your are nitpicking a political report. FYI it is not a military analysis of the situation.

Pak army had not given any documented set of military logs from any radar station, or log files of area commanders.

peace to you.

Amen

So basically you are saying PAF had eyes on the helicopters and that this report is bogus along with every single report on this issue we have come across? That seems to be very far fetched but I would rather not argue. I guess there can be different facts for different people with very very different conclusions.

Strange to fathom how people could believe that a nation with one of the most effective intelligence agencies (ISI) , a powerful military apparatus and a inter-dependent relationship with the USA would not be aware of a prolonged raid deep into its territory. The fact is that the USA was surely aware of Bin Laden's residence in Pakistan some time before the raid was conducted. Pakistani intelligence was surely aware of Bin Laden's residence in Pakistan as well. The ease with which the USA conducted its operation speaks for itself. There surely was collusion. For any Pakistani authority to confess to that collusion to its people would be suicidal. That makes the findings of this commission questionable. It is a half baked report meant to placate and not to implicate

You can't find something if you are not looking for it.

It is that simple.

Pakistani police and "un-intelligence" is not from mars, they are the local guys who wrote off Ben mofo laden as a dead guy. Blame it on incompetency, or blame it on being exhausted after fighting battles from 1978-2012 (Full 3 and half decades).

You gotta sit with some of these intelligence guys and listen to them. They are out of breath, and still they are not getting a chance to sit down and get some break. They can't.

Many of the jawans go home for a month and get the same Islamist $hit propaganda poured into their ears and their heads.

Even when Americans were begging to look for mofo, our un-intelligence folks didn't believe in them.

More importantly our un-intelligence in this case didn't realize how serious Americans were in the hunt for OB fing L.

Contrast this to the quick nabbing of KSM and others, and you will understand that our police was pretty damn effective in specific cases.

However Indians won't admit And Islamists can't admit, they all have always been looking for one single case to malign Pakistani army, and now is their golden chance.

peace to you.

Amen

So basically you are saying PAF had eyes on the helicopters and that this report is bogus along with every single report on this issue we have come across? That seems to be very far fetched but I would rather not argue. I guess there can be different facts for different people with very very different conclusions.

Show me where this report makes references to the logs from radars and airforce.

This report is meant for public consumption and not a military analysis file.

peace to you.

Amen

You can't find something if you are not looking for it.

It is that simple.

Pakistani police and "un-intelligence" is not from mars, they are the local guys who wrote off Ben mofo laden as a dead guy. Blame it on incompetency, or blame it on being exhausted after fighting battles from 1978-2012 (Full 3 and half decades).

You gotta sit with some of these intelligence guys and listen to them. They are out of breath, and still they are not getting a chance to sit down and get some break. They can't.

Many of the jawans go home for a month and get the same Islamist $hit propaganda poured into their ears and their heads.

Even when Americans were begging to look for mofo, our un-intelligence folks didn't believe in them.

More importantly our un-intelligence in this case didn't realize how serious Americans were in the hunt for OB fing L.

Contrast this to the quick nabbing of KSM and others, and you will understand that our police was pretty damn effective in specific cases.

However Indians won't admit And Islamists can't admit, they all have always been looking for one single case to malign Pakistani army, and now is their golden chance.

peace to you.

Amen

Show me where this report makes references to the logs from radars and airforce.

This report is meant for public consumption and not a military analysis file.

peace to you.

Amen

I have been questioning the effectiveness of our agencies for the past few years not because of they have "too much" work load and have the case of the mondays. It is due to having too much work load and not enough money. We continue to harvest human intel to a fault. We are good at that and even the best come learn our tricks in physical and emotional interrogation. We have a huge web of agents in all brown countries in both good and bad roles. But the world is moving and computers have changed how we do espionage and spying. Our agencies are comfortable fighting third world armies and do not want to look behind at other threats that would have them change or spend their tummy money on new endeavors.

Why should the COAS not answer to these legitimate questions. Will we hide behind the conspiracy theory of knowing before hand that we are being invaded? Will we continue to produce bogus reports and have authorized leaks of commission reports not blaming our lack f deterrent to real world threats?

Major Failures???....Bull$hit......Pakistan army and the ISI was protecting the world's most wanted islamic terrorist,Osama,for more than a decade....and Pak army feels proud of this heinous act.....Such a shameless army

I have been questioning the effectiveness of our agencies for the past few years not because of they have "too much" work load and have the case of the mondays. It is due to having too much work load and not enough money. We continue to harvest human intel to a fault. We are good at that and even the best come learn our tricks in physical and emotional interrogation. We have a huge web of agents in all brown countries in both good and bad roles. But the world is moving and computers have changed how we do espionage and spying. Our agencies are comfortable fighting third world armies and do not want to look behind at other threats that would have them change or spend their tummy money on new endeavors.

Very well stated. This is our weak point for sure.

We are unwilling to update our laws and our policies the way advanced countries do.

Americans in particualr and EU in general very quickly updated their laws (patriot act) to face off the terror threat.

We like village idiots sat around and laughed our @rses off at president Bush/Clinton.

If we were smart, we should have quikly followed the West and changed / updated our laws that would then force our intelligence agencies to change their tactics.

But we didn't

Even in 2013, we are forcing our intelligence community to use the 19th century tactics.

I

Why should the COAS not answer to these legitimate questions. Will we hide behind the conspiracy theory of knowing before hand that we are being invaded?

Absolutely. COAS should be sitting in the national assembly in front of the defense intelligence committee and must answer all the questions. No one should be above the law.

But for Pakistani public, such as you my dear friend.

will you be OK if COAS came on TV and said that he worked with Americans to take out the biggest threat to Pakistan aka Ben fing Laden?

Would you cheer at COAS

or

shout at him and curse at him and demand his removal?

Just curious.

peace to you.

Amen

Very well stated. This is our weak point for sure.

We are unwilling to update our laws and our policies the way advanced countries do.

Americans in particualr and EU in general very quickly updated their laws (patriot act) to face off the terror threat.

We like village idiots sat around and laughed our @rses off at president Bush/Clinton.

If we were smart, we should have quikly followed the West and changed / updated our laws that would then force our intelligence agencies to change their tactics.

But we didn't

Even in 2013, we are forcing our intelligence community to use the 19th century tactics.

Absolutely. COAS should be sitting in the national assembly in front of the defense intelligence committee and must answer all the questions. No one should be above the law.

But for Pakistani public, such as you my dear friend.

will you be OK if COAS came on TV and said that he worked with Americans to take out the biggest threat to Pakistan aka Ben fing Laden?

Would you cheer at COAS

or

Just curious.

peace to you.

Amen

Depends on his reasoning skills.. I do not want to get bombed or face an american backed movement for "democracy". Musharaff came on TV multiple times and told us the truth that if we did not dance to the War on terror beat there would be no dancing left for us. I was with him on that point. Made us look like pussies but what did we learn in those 10 years? We are even worse off today in terms of getting beat up in even fewer days than before. We have no friends .. we just have acquaintances according to mutual benifits for the time. We are a confused nation that does not want to be influenced by western nations but continue to do nothing to protect ourselves and keep getting ragdolled between big power politics. We pride ourselves for raising militias with simple gullible people who know nothing about how to honour and protect themselves. They lash out in juvenile ways by planting bombs or takbeeri waves and that too in our own backyard. Our threats have evolved and if we must continue this childish path then up the ante, go fund some christian militias in alabama who want a retry at Gettysburg, and see how their money crushes that stupidity within weeks.

I want the COAS to come on TV and say that we are poor. There are no resources to do what you ask. That is because I believe that he did not know anything about that raid and he was just as much in the dark as the PAF.

Depends on his reasoning skills.. I do not want to get bombed or face an american backed movement for "democracy". Musharaff came on TV multiple times and told us the truth that if we did not dance to the War on terror beat there would be no dancing left for us. I was with him on that point. Made us look like pussies but what did we learn in those 10 years? We are even worse off today in terms of getting beat up in even fewer days than before. We have no friends .. we just have acquaintances according to mutual benifits for the time. We are a confused nation that does not want to be influenced by western nations but continue to do nothing to protect ourselves and keep getting ragdolled between big power politics. We pride ourselves for raising militias with simple gullible people who know nothing about how to honour and protect themselves. They lash out in juvenile ways by planting bombs or takbeeri waves and that too in our own backyard. Our threats have evolved and if we must continue this childish path then up the ante, go fund some christian militias in alabama who want a retry at Gettysburg, and see how their money crushes that stupidity within weeks.

I want the COAS to come on TV and say that we are poor. There are no resources to do what you ask. That is because I believe that he did not know anything about that raid and he was just as much in the dark as the PAF.

I understand what you are saying.

However I didn't hear your response to the following (unless I missed it)

Will you be OK if COAS came on TV and said that he worked with Americans to take out the biggest threat to Pakistan aka Ben fing Laden?

I mean would you cheer at COAS

or

Just curious.

peace to you.

This "leakage" itself is suspicious coming in the heels of a new govt. There is generally nothing new added here, but the presentation would appear aimed at maligning the military and security establishment.

Back
Top Bottom