What's new

Le Pen in Lebanon controversy over headscarf refusal

I have read islam and female dress code in the order of covering head hands and feet are not in it. These are just local traditions
@Zibago

Islam and its laws have nothing to do with the non believers.

It would have been better if the head cleric himself would have told this lady that he is not interested in meeting her.

:tup:

I agree and its part of the reason why I feel muslim states need to get their act together

not embrace the far radical islamic right but more general right

liberalism and secularism is dying a dogs death in the west so we need to shun it to promote our own ideologies

What the Muslim world needs right now more than anything else is to bridge the Shia-Sunni divide somehow. This has been a constant source of chaos in the Muslim body-politic. This is now fast becoming an existential issue. Iran and Saudi Arabia have to take the lead here. Le Pen does not like either Muslims or Islam. I dont know why she chose to go to a Muslim country. If she ever wins I hope she stands by her beliefs and cuts France's contact with every Muslim country in the world. That slag should put actions behind her words.

:tup:

I agree and its part of the reason why I feel muslim states need to get their act together

not embrace the far radical islamic right but more general right

liberalism and secularism is dying a dogs death in the west so we need to shun it to promote our own ideologies
muslim world has been right wing for quite long.. much before rest of the world followed... just that to most people it appears normal because these are muslim country... so people use different standard to judge them...
all hell will break lose if India brings blasphemy law or bars minorities legally from taking top post(for very right reason).. but this is codified law in pakistan, and nobody dares challenge it there.
so no, we have not reached there yet.

muslim world has been right wing for quite long.. much before rest of the world followed... just that to most people it appears normal because these are muslim country... so people use different standard to judge them...
all hell will break lose if India brings blasphemy law or bars minorities legally from taking top post(for very right reason).. but this is codified law in pakistan, and nobody dares challenge it there.
so no, we have not reached there yet.
That is what my fellow Muslims fail to understand.they themself follows the most right wing interpretation of islam in their country and then start crying a river when west hates them or adapts any right wing policies in the response.
We ourself are the reason for all this hate against us.

Lets embrace it then

If the world is going right wing we should also push right, more so

Your going to his home

No one asked her to wear a scarf as she entered Lebanon or Egypt, nor was German minister as she entered Saudi these are state visits

but if your going to someone's home then its your choice atleast respect the rules of that home or don't turn up its very disrespectful

What happens on the street is more open you are more free to choosh

but someone's home rules whatever they are ie no shoes, head covered, no swearing, no shouting etc should be respected by the guest

very rude!!

no, it is rude to tell her that you demand she covers her head. you say with that she is a less worth human being. Its opression in its purest form.

The time of this cucked behavior is over. People of the west have bowed for this nonsense far too long.

Also what is your problem? She denied to meet him. Thats her god given right. She did not force her way into his house. He said she must cover up for the meeting, so she denied to meet with him. Obviously she has some self respect.

no, it is rude to tell her that you demand she covers her head. you say with that she is a less worth human being. Its opression in its purest form.

The time of this cucked behavior is over. People of the west have bowed for this nonsense far too long.

Also what is your problem? She denied to meet him. Thats her god given right. She did not force her way into his house. He said she must cover up for the meeting, so she denied to meet with him. Obviously she has some self respect.

Its not rude at all its common custom, a sign of respect

She came to make a scene, she was denied entry unless she respected the house rules and she left.
End of story!

People of the west are the most ardent practitioners of forcing ideology on the people of the rest of the world through coercion or force

This time however your lurch to the right won't find friendly acceptance in the rest of the world and will end up destroying the rights and liberties you have built up

Thats not the point, when you enter another country its expected that you comply with cultural traditions.

Remember that Muslim women who was harassed to leave the beach for wearing a head covering? was that not oppression? why are they forcing her to be less than a human being? Why is she not free to make her own decisions?

If the French can enforce their culture on people in France, they should understand when other countries have similar expectations.

oh god, let me guess you support Trump too?

Its not rude at all its common custom, a sign of respect

She came to make a scene, she was denied entry unless she respected the house rules and she left.
End of story!

People of the west are the most ardent practitioners of forcing ideology on the people of the rest of the world through coercion or force

This time however your lurch to the right won't find friendly acceptance in the rest of the world and will end up destroying the rights and liberties you have built up

She was not denied entry. She said she wont do this and turned around.

Whats your problem? You want push that over her head and drag her in?

Easy example, you invite me and my girl for dinner. We arrive and you suddenly pull out that rug and tell my girl to cover her head.

You know what will happen? I will wish you a nice evening and leave on the spot. My women does not cover her head. It is disrespectful to demand that. An insult.

Thats not the point, when you enter another country its expected that you comply with cultural traditions.

Remember that Muslim women who was harassed to leave the beach for wearing a head covering? was that not oppression? why are they forcing her to be less than a human being? Why is she not free to make her own decisions?

If the French can enforce their culture on people in France, they should understand when other countries have similar expectations.

oh god, let me guess you support Trump too?

I love Trump and support him 100%. Even so he is too moderate for my opinion.

That said, Lebanon is not a muslim country. Large parts of the people are christian. Infact more christians than sunni muslims.

Madame lePen had excellent meetings with the christian bishop there.

Well, i believe every foreign citizen who wants to immigrate,live and stay in a country should abide by that country's law, Else they should leave. However, when it comes to diplomatic staffs, politicians, authorities from different countries coming for a diplomatic or political visit then this is different. No country should force an official or diplomatic member paying a visit to a country from going against their wish of how they want to dress. Just like no western country ask visiting leaders/officials from the Muslim world not to cover up/put on a veil or Burqa or whatever dress code they want to wear.
iran_german.jpg

Iranian official during a visit to Germany
1422064782106.jpg

Or Saudi King in his normal attire.
15-arrival_2512754c.jpg

or our Duchess of Cornwall visiting Saudi Arabia in 2013, she decided to accept to put on the veil, her choice. she could have refused if she wanted to, nothing wrong in that.

By contrast, if one of our official visiting a Muslim country decides she will accept wearing a veil or covering up so as not to offend her hosts(Australian foreign minister Julie Bishop did so while visiting Iran in 2015) then that is her choice, she can as well refuse to do so or not, it's her call. It should be up to the visitor.
3B65274C00000578-4035348-image-a-51_1481772881089.jpg

so i see nothing wrong at all in Le pen's action. I'm all in her favour. Afterall, as one member here said many Muslim countries have very far right wing laws of Islam but nobody even cares about that simply because we judge them to very low/different standards to be honest, due to the fact that many of them are developing and very religious countries with inadequate human rights measures, so we don't question their actions much. However, when we start seeing people/immigrants originally from these same countries claim we are racists/inhuman/anti Islam and blah blah blah because of some lax laws that is nothing close to what they have in their home country, then that is what i find surprising, especially considering the fact that many of these immigrants know that they are treated far more better and respectfully here than in their own 'holy' home country, else they wont be here in the first place.:agree: We are by far one of the most tolerant society in the world. :)

so lets all chill, there is nothing much to do read in this action. She met those she wanted to meet, and Lebanon is not a totally Muslim country, it also has a sizable Christian population.:wave:

Last edited:
She was not denied entry. She said she wont do this and turned around.

Whats your problem? You want push that over her head and drag her in?

Easy example, you invite me and my girl for dinner. We arrive and you suddenly pull out that rug and tell my girl to cover her head.

You know what will happen? I will wish you a nice evening and leave on the spot. My women does not cover her head. It is disrespectful to demand that. An insult.

I love Trump and support him 100%. Even so he is too moderate for my opinion.

That said, Lebanon is not a muslim country. Large parts of the people are christian. Infact more christians than sunni muslims.

Madame lePen had excellent meetings with the christian bishop there.

She was denied entry its as simple as that

Its like turning up at a night club with trainers, they refuse you entry, you walking off in a huff dosent change the fact that you weren't let it.

You come to a muslim majority country then are generally accepted codes of decency and morality

Most countries enforce nothing in the open in Pakistan many women choosh not to wear any headcovering

But if you go to someone's home then their rules apply.

Lebanon has a roughly 35% christian population (it has gradually fallen from above 50% msny years ago)

But in reality the Christian population hovers around as low as 30% to 35% (rather then 40) and falling because of the influx of refugees from neighbouring Syria

Well, i believe every foreign citizen who wants to immigrate,live and stay in a country should abide by that country's law, Else they should leave. However, when it comes to diplomatic staffs, politicians, authorities from different countries coming for a diplomatic or political visit then this is different. No country should force an official or diplomatic member paying a visit to a country from going against their wish of how they want to dress. Just like no western country ask visiting leaders/officials from the Muslim world not to cover up/put on a veil or Burqa or whatever dress code they want to wear.
iran_german.jpg

Iranian official during a visit to Germany
1422064782106.jpg

Or Saudi King in his normal attire.
15-arrival_2512754c.jpg

or our Duchess of Cornwall visiting Saudi Arabia in 2013, she decided to accept to put on the veil, her choice. she could have refused if she wanted to, nothing wrong in that.

By contrast, if one of our official visiting a Muslim country decides she will accept wearing a veil or covering up so as not to offend her hosts(Australian foreign minister Julie Bishop did so while visiting Iran in 2015) then that is her choice, she can as well refuse to do so or not, it's her call. It should be up to the visitor.
3B65274C00000578-4035348-image-a-51_1481772881089.jpg

so i see nothing wrong at all in Le pen's action. I'm all in her favour. Afterall, as one member here said many Muslim countries have very far right wing laws of Islam but nobody even cares about that simply because we judge them to very low/different standards to be honest, due to the fact that many of them are developing and very religious countries with inadequate human rights measures, so we don't question their actions much. However, when we start seeing people/immigrants originally from these same countries claim we are racists/inhuman/anti Islam and blah blah blah because of some lax laws that is nothing close to what they have in their home country, then that is what i find surprising, especially considering the fact that many of these immigrants know that they are treated far more better and respectfully here than in their own 'holy' home country, else they wont be here in the first place.:agree: We are by far one of the most tolerant society in the world. :)

so lets all chill, there is nothing much to do read in this action. She met those she wanted to meet, and Lebanon is not a totally Muslim country, it also has a sizable Christian population.:wave:

Lepen wasn't coming to lebanon as a state offcial, it's just to meet with few foreign supporter, to show those in Europe and France , her "Stature" as a "possible/future" president, and with this move, she failed.

First Lepen wasn't invited, but she came by herself, so the first thing to do when you want to gain political/image points you have to play by the rules as any " presidential" around the world, like Obama with his Kippa or Trump, trudeau ... .

Second, When you say "no" to your host , at least to it with diplomacy and respect. Watchthe vid of her and you'll see, it was like " No, i will not put it", and then she went back running, while all of them planned her stay... . ppl like her could not rule a country, when you behave like a 5 years old child who is mother didn't give him his sweet....

And Last and most important thing, come from her own mouth. " Do and Behave like French in FRANCE or go back to your country" seems she learned her own advice... :)

In The End , whatever she's right or not, when you will represent a "COUNTRY" in the near future, the minimum you can do, is behave like one, bc it's not only her image that she plays with but all of France. There is a lot of ways to say No when you are a politician...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom