What's new

Le Pen in Lebanon controversy over headscarf refusal

Wrong. She did not go Lebanon to ask for welfare money, to live there or get asylum. She came as a politician.

Respectful of others?

Is this respectful of others?

zz58c2f33f.jpg

This is in London!

We are simply sick of this.

Its an easy thing. I´m italian. My girl is italian. Italian women do not cover their head. You invite us as guest so you have to respect us the way we are.

If you demand my girl to cover herself up you insult me and her. You disrespect us. You demand that we submit into something we arent and sorry this wont gonna happen.

If italians come and ask for asylum and welfare in pakistan we can debate your claim.

Marine le Pen is a great example and role model regarding that.

@Vergennes @flamer84

you also make a good point - both the host and the guest should show mutual respect and where it is not possible (such as in this case where she cannot both wear and not wear) such a meeting should not be attempted.

When in Rome.....? Never mind. Different standards for different people. :lol:

Wrong again. Roman women did not wear a veil

priestess-chicago.JPG

466px-antinous_mandragone_profil.jpg

For us, our women are our equals. Our soulmates. We dont hide them.

What lePen did was the right thing to do. She is hailed for that in France and all of Europe and thats what counts.

You will have to get used to this. Because times changed. The time for cucks is over.

And you can only blame yourself for that. We have shown great tolerance for many years. It was greatly abused.

Also i find it amusing that some here said lePen was not let in.

When you saw the video you would know she turned around and the guy with the veil even went after her to the entrance to make her change her decission.

The virgin Mary wasn't Roman... she was from palestine... whatever you want to believe, just believe, but know that you're being mocked... so do as you please... In the End they had veil whoever they are in THAT region... .

As for you fantasy about veil... Woman are not under man, neither yesterday, neither tomorrow, since the wifes of our prophet are ones of the most respected ppl that we know... . A muslim woman is equal to a muslim man, and the majority of them equal a 1000 man from Europe... . So instead of putting all muslims in the same bag, bc your only "view" is few fanatics who dress in black and groups of uneducated ppl who want power, then so be it... I don't really care.

But don't mock yourself... I think you've done enough..

Wrong again.

Palestine was part of our empire and we forced our culture on them.

You know Fayum? Itsa city in egypt. You know what you have there thousands of portraits they put on the mummies there that show how they looked like. They were created when egypt was part of our empire.

Want see how egyptians were dressed?

fayum-02.jpg

220px-Fayum-11.jpg

How were noble women in Syria and palestien dressed in Roman times?

Zenobia, local ruler of Palmyra. Which was Roman Empire as well

40172-004-165571B3.jpg

The only one who mocks himself is you. You post nonstop nonsense.

As for your comment that a "muslim women" is worth 1000 men from europe. Thank you for proving your absolute racism.

@waz

I believe its time to act and take meassures against his racist words.

Lol be my guest... Racist word...me...Lol
Let's see who is the racist btw you and me... They gonna read all your racist previous post and that it's your second or third account after being banned from here.
:)

Don't run removing your previous post :), anyway you can't , they're being reported and quoted in other message
Have Fun

ps: Remember when you wrote that africans are scum dwellers rats? bc I do remember...

Palestine was part of our empire and we forced our culture on them.

Yes Palestine was apart of the Roman empire but she was not Roman nobility not by a long shot, she was a commoner. Take for example this...

Chief_Vestal.jpg

And no The Roman empire was actually quite big at that time and stopped attempting to "romanize" It's citizens. With an increase of manpower from Germania led to the very Italian peninsula being less roman let alone Palestine.

As for your comment that a "muslim women" is worth 1000 men from europe. Thank you for proving your absolute racism.

Excuse me?

Respectful of others?

Is this respectful of others?

any longer when you act like a cuck.

Walk of shame" a

We dont hide them.

The time for cucks is over.

Stop acting like a stupid hypocrite. Always with your bull, like seriously screw off dude. IF she does't want to respect Arab culture then she should get out and never come back.

Yes and no The Roman empire was actually quite big at that time and stopped attempting to "romanize" It's citizens. With an increase of manpower from Germania led to the very Italian peninsula being less roman let alone Palestine.

Excuse me?

Stop acting like a stupid hypocrite. Always with your bull, like seriously screw off dude. IF she does't want to respect Arab culture then she should get out and never come back.

He lacks history lessons and respect... useless to speak with him. Don't waste your time. He gonna get banned like his previous account... for his insults and racist post...

christian lebanon

Lebanon is not Christian, not by a long shot.

54% of Lebanon is Muslim making it a Muslim country.

Call these men Christians and see what happens...

07hezbollah.xlarge1.jpg

hezbollahfighte.jpg

Check out this article

Marine Le Pen has arrived in Lebanon to find out that the Christians she thought were her allies aren’t on her side at all
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...nce-far-right-lebanon-not-found-a7595131.html

No wonder the Lebanese Druze leader Walid Jumblatt – on a trip to François Hollande in Paris, where Le Pen should have stayed – denounced her visit as an insult to the Lebanese people. “I hope France will make a better choice than this right-wing fascist,”

. And a clutch of Christian leaders – whom Le Pen presumably thought would take her side – upbraided her for suggesting that France should support President Bashar al-Assad in the Syrian war. This was the detonation behind Jumblatt’s excoriation of this sad jewel of right-wing French politics.

Firstly, because Levantine Christians, while dependent on Assad’s protection inside Syria, do not necessarily support the government – indeed, tens of thousands of Lebanese Christians still demand the end of the Assad regime

Le Pen even thought that Lebanon, burdened with a million Syrian refugees, should send them home as soon as the war is over. It was another attempt to stitch her flagrant anti-immigration politics onto Lebanon; and it came badly undone since Le Pen clearly did not know that tens of thousands of Lebanese are related to Syrians and have extended Syrian families. Indeed, a vast throng of Lebanese regarded themselves as Syrians before Le Pen’s beloved France decided to carve Lebanon out of Syria and create a border between the two after the First World War.

many Lebanese – and a bunch of Christians, too – concluded that this wretched lady embarked on her visit with the sole aim of insulting the country’s Muslims.

I didnt see any veiled woman in christian lebanon.

Have you actually been to Lebanon because if you didn't see any then you clearly weren't not at Lebanon.

You dont understand one thing. As europeans we have a culture we demand is respected.

IN EUROPE, but Le pen isn't in Europe plain and simple. You adhere to OUR Traditions.

Our women don't allow to be belittled like that.

Then don't come!

How about a compromise?

How about we come to a compromise? You accept 2 Million Syrian Muslim refugees and accept Sharia law?

old imperial cities

Palestine isn't an Old Imperial city, Mary wore a Veil, accept it.

Last edited:
No i wasnt in Lebanon. The only "muslim" country i ever was are egypt, turkey and iran.

Why would i call hezbollah christian? They are a terror organisation. What else will you bring on? ISIS? o_O

Also i think you misunderstand one thing. Marine lePen wants to win an election. Her actions in Lebanon gave her great support in all of Europe and France. But also USA and even Australia. Thats the point. She got the pictures she wanted.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...w/news-story/5b1a4f2504942be71a6190de75072dfa

Also Palestine did not exist as province. It was called Judea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judea_(Roman_province)

The local capital was Caesarea Maritima and Jerusalem was also an administration center and imperial city.

And roman woman there did not wear a "hijab". Mary did not wear a Hijab as well. She is not arabic and did not speak arabic.

And with all respect. I adhere to what i want.

You should stop to be so agressive amigo.

I think you lost.. stop there... no one spoke of hijab..only veil...
Ps: You maybe late on news but Lepen got a punch today in French news... An exLeader of KKK is giving is blessing... Have Fun with your Marine Lepen "good/fair" woman...

Acquiescently, Le Pen is the only winner here, her poisonous right wing narrative will gain impetus back at home. She did exactly what she set out to do, create controversy out of an otherwise trivial matter.

Also Palestine did not exist as province.

The term "Peleset" (transliterated from hieroglyphs as P-r-s-t) is found in five inscriptions referring to a neighboring people or land starting from c.1150 BC during the Twentieth Dynasty of Egypt. The first known mention is at the temple at Medinet Habu which refers to the Peleset among those who fought with Egypt in Ramesses III's reign,[2][3] and the last known is 300 years later on Padiiset's Statue. The Assyrians called the same region "Palashtu/Palastu" or "Pilistu", beginning with Adad-nirari III in the Nimrud Slab in c.800 BC through to an Esarhaddon treaty more than a century later.[4][5] Neither the Egyptian nor the Assyrian sources provided clear regional boundaries for the term.[6]

The first clear use of the term Palestine to refer to the entire area between Phoenicia and Egypt was in 5th century BC Ancient Greece,[7][8] when Herodotuswrote of a "district of Syria, called Palaistinê" in The Histories, which included the Judean mountains and the Jordan Rift Valley.[9][10][11][12][13][14] In the treatise Meteorology c.340 BC, Aristotle wrote, "there is a lake in Palestine".[15][16][17][18] This is understood by scholars to be a reference to the Dead Sea.[19] Later Greek writers such as Polemon and Pausanias also used the word, which was followed by Roman writers such as Ovid, Tibullus, Pomponius Mela, Pliny the Elder, Dio Chrysostom, Statius, Plutarch as well as Roman Judean writers Philo of Alexandria and Josephus.[20] Other writers, such as Strabo, referred to the region as Coele-Syria[a] ("all Syria") around 10-20 CE.[21][22]

In 135 CE, the Greek "Syria Palaestina" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_name_"Palestine"#cite_note-SyriaPalaestina-24 was used in naming a new Roman province from the merger of Roman Syria and Roman Judaea after the Roman authorities crushed the Bar Kokhba Revolt.

During the Byzantine period c.390, the imperial province of Syria Palaestina was reorganized into: Palaestina Prima, Palaestina Secunda,[23] and Palaestina Salutaris.[23] Following the Muslim conquest, place names that were in use by the Byzantine administration generally continued to be used in Arabic.[4][24] The use of the name "Palestine" became common in Early Modern English,[25] was used in English and Arabic during the Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem. In the 20th century the name was used by the British to refer to "Mandatory Palestine", a mandate from the former Ottoman Empire which had been divided in the Sykes–Picot Agreement.[26] The term was later used in the eponymous "State of Palestine".[27] Both incorporated geographic regions from the land commonly known as Palestine, into a new state whose territory was named Palestine.

Jerusalem

You do know Mary was not from Jerusalem right?

Mary (Greek: Μαρία, translit. María; Aramaic: ܡܪܝܡ‎, translit. Mariam‎; Hebrew: מִרְיָם‎, translit. Miriam‎; Arabic: مريم‎, translit. Mariam‎), also known by various titles, styles and honorifics, was a 1st-century Galilean Jewish[2]

She was Jewish not Roman.

She was a Woman of Nazareth not Jerusalem or the capital at that time.

Even romans showed it.

440px-Encaustic_Virgin.jpg

A lot of others

500px-Sassoferrato_-_Jungfrun_i_bön.jpg

440px-Santa_Sofia_-_Mosaic_de_Joan_II_Comnè_i_la_seva_esposa%2C_Irene.JPG

The Headscarf that apparently "Belittles" Women has it's origins in your "precious" Christianity.

There are several key sections of 1 Corinthians 11:2–16 that Bible commentators and Christian congregations have held differing opinions about, which have resulted in a diversity of practices regarding the use of headcoverings.

• Gender-Based Headship: Paul connects the use (or non-use) of headcoverings with the biblical distinctions between each gender. In 1 Corinthians 11:3, Paul wrote, “Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman." He immediately continues with a gender-based teaching on the use of headcoverings: "Every man who has something on his head while praying or prophesying disgraces his head. But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head."
  • Glory & Worship: Paul next explains that the use (or non-use) of headcoverings is related to God's glory during times of prayer and prophesy. In 1 Corinthians 11:7, he states that man is the "glory of God" and that for this reason "a man ought not to have his head covered." In the same verse, Paul also states that the woman is the "glory of man." He explains that statement in the subsequent two verses by referring to the woman's creation in NASB, and then concludes, "Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head" (verse 10). In other words, the "glory of God" (man) is to be uncovered during times of worship, while the "glory of man" (woman) is to be covered.
  • The Angels: In 1 Corinthians 11:10, Paul says “Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.” Many interpreters admit that Paul does not provide much explanation for the role of angels in this context. Some popular interpretations of this passage are (1) An appeal not to offend the angels by disobedience to Paul's instructions, (2)a command to accurately show angels a picture of the created order (Ephesians 3:10, 1 Peter 1:12), (3) a warning for us to obey as a means of accountability, since the angels are watching (1 Timothy 5:21), (4) to be like the angels who cover themselves in the presence of God (Isaiah 6:2), and (5) not to be like the fallen angels who did not stay in the role that God created for them (Jude 1:6).
  • Nature & Hair Lengths: In 1 Corinthians 11:13–15, Paul asks a rhetorical question about the propriety of headcoverings, and then answers it himself with a lesson from nature: “Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her for a covering.” In this passage, some see Paul as indicating that since a woman naturally "covers" her head with long hair, she likewise ought to cover it with a cloth covering while praying or prophesying. Others interpreters see the statement "her hair is given to her for a covering" as indicating that all instances of headcovering in the chapter refer only to the "covering" of long hair.
  • Church Practice: In 1 Corinthians 11:16, Paul responded to any readers who may disagree with his teaching about the use of headcoverings: “But if one is inclined to be contentious, we have no other practice, nor have the churches of God.” This may indicate that headcoverings were considered a standard, universal Christian symbolic practice (rather than a local cultural custom). In other words, while Christian churches were spread out geographically and contained a diversity of cultures, they all practiced headcovering for female members.

The biblical basis for head coverings is found in 1 Corinthians 11:2–16.[3] Although the head covering was practiced by most Christian women until the latter part of the 20th century,[4] it is now a minority practice among contemporary Christians in the West.

800px-Martin_Luther_Preaching_to_Faithful_%281561%29.jpg

Orthodox Christians

440px-Te_Deum_Elizarovo_Guslitsa_8484.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom