What's new

LCA-Tejas inherits ” Stealth features ” due to its small size : Chinese media

The small size of tejas means the combat range it carrys is also very short .

Weapons load is not bad but tejas will need to stationed in forward bases near the borders .

Whereas the mighty mki can be located all.over the Indian sub continent due vast size and pay load including ample fuel
Tejas is for Pakistan. Does not have the range for China. Rafale is for China.

never though of jf-17 as small aircraft

it is a single engine 6.5 ton (As claimed) aircraft si falls in light catagory.

tejas is almost an imported aircraft. 70% of tejas depends on imports and still questions are being raised regarding it's performance.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ot-so-indian-fighter/articleshow/49398335.cms
http://indianexpress.com/article/op...-testimony-to-manohar-parrikars-push-2887207/

Questions are raised on F22, F35, Pakfa, Eurofighters and Grippen. Question are not raised against only chinese fighters since they are alien technology.

Interesting, some people would even take this random article seriously. This is a private website owned by a small private company in New York.

Countries does not develop fighters. Companies do, and no company develop 100% of a fighter.
US, Russia and France fighter manufacturers tend to buy from their own countries,
but they can easily buy from abroad as well.
The F-35 has a Martin-Baker ejection seat, as do many other fighters.

The thread would be useful if any facts were produced.
F-22 RCS is like a marble.
F-35 RCS is like a tennis ball.
Gripen E RCS is 0,1 sq meters.
I think I read the JF-17 is 1,5 sq meters RCS (correct me if I am mistaken)
Where is LCA?
I doubt the rcs of grippen e and jf17 are so different ... you are saying that fighters in same weight class and having same technology has a difference of 15 times ... impossible ...

Sir check your facts ... tejas is only tested with bvr ... thunder is flying with bvr since many years ... overkill ... have you even checked the armament in arsenal of thunder ? all you talking about planned version of tejas ... operational version is not even capable to fight ...

Tejas is overkill for JF 17. We fit Tejas with some long distance BVR missiles ...

Useless thread ... i think fanboys needs reality check ... if small size is stealth feature then mig21 and f7 are stealth so all the countries are stupid investing billions in 5th generation ...

Furthermore about ram coating on tejas ... i coild not have absurd claim then this ... do you know a real ram quoting maintenance requirement and cost ?

You can prepare any paint and name it ram coating thats stupid ...

Published November 11, 2016
SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK

Reacting to reports that Indian government has cleared orders for 83 upgraded LCA-Tejas MK1A aircraft for Indian Air force , Global Chinese media outlet ” Chinatopix” in their latest report has claimed that orders for 83 Tejas MK1A will help boost India’s local fighter jet industry, but it will also help in rebuilding of Indian air force .

The media outlet also made an interesting observation that ” Stealth features have been designed into Tejas. Its small size provides an inherent degree of visual stealth.Tejas is the smallest and lightest in its class of contemporary supersonic combat aircraft. “

It further added that ” As for physical stealth affecting its radar cross section, the Tejas’ airframe’s high usage of composites (which do not reflect radar waves) adds to its stealthiness. Other stealth inducing features are the plane’s Y-duct inlet that shields the engine compressor face from radar waves, and the application of radar-absorbent material coatings to minimise its susceptibility to radar detection and tracking.”

Defence Analyst Ranesh Rajan speaking to idrw.org confirmed that due to its sheer small size, LCA-Tejas is very difficult to spot visually in close combat and use of specially developed Radiation-absorbent material coating and use of carbon composites will give it Smaller Radar cross sections (RCS) compared to larger aircraft .

India’s indigenously developed Radiation-absorbent paint first applied on Soviet-era supplied Mig-21s had proven the reduction of its signatures considerably on Ground radars and LCA-Tejas no doubt will have smaller radar cross-section among non-stealth fighter jets but it doesn’t mean there are in the same category has 5th Generation Stealth fighters concluded Rajan.

Oh that is why we still didn't see LCA in real picture. Keep the good work going:tup:. Propaganda at its best and at least make one sqdn.

Oh that is why we still didn't see LCA in real picture. Keep the good work going:tup:. Propaganda at its best and at least make one sqdn.

We are not in a hurry to make squadron but we are concern with the quality of our plane. Whenever it will come, it will come with @$$ kicking capability.

We are not in a hurry to make squadron but we are concern with the quality of our plane. Whenever it will come, it will come with @$$ kicking capability.

Best of luck then for another 20 years so making LCA operational ready and we are also not in hurry to see LCA flying so i is win win situation for both as per your attitude and statement. Not in hurry is different and not capable enough now is different story. Don't coverup your failures and try to learn from it. All the best and waiting another asian country fighter on sky soon

Best of luck then for another 20 years so making LCA operational ready and we are also not in hurry to see LCA flying so i is win win situation for both as per your attitude and statement. Not in hurry is different and not capable enough now is different story. Don't coverup your failures and try to learn from it. All the best and waiting another asian country fighter on sky soon

Well we have started making a squadron and we shall make 8 in first year followed by 16 every year subsequently. by 2018 LCA MK1+ will come. Weight bellow 6 ton and 8% aerodynamic improvement , higher fuel , AESA, EW , Astra etc. It will have a very high angle of attack and 8.5+g. It will be very very exciting to see such a very high T/W ratio small plane and carry 4+ ton payload. It will be a very very exciting time ahead.

Well we have started making a squadron and we shall make 8 in first year followed by 16 every year subsequently. by 2018 LCA MK1+ will come. Weight bellow 6 ton and 8% aerodynamic improvement , higher fuel , AESA, EW , Astra etc. It will have a very high angle of attack and 8.5+g. It will be very very exciting to see such a very high T/W ratio small plane and carry 4+ ton payload. It will be a very very exciting time ahead.

I know that status as well one then a year a go presented by HAL but i don't thing LCA will be fully operational in year 2018 and this will go beyond 2020 and i am stating this because of HAL track record

I know that status as well one then a year a go presented by HAL but i don't thing LCA will be fully operational in year 2018 and this will go beyond 2020 and i am stating this because of HAL track record

LCA is already operational. It will be LCA MK1+ which will come in 2018 and will operational in next 2 and half years.

Once it is completed,,it will be World class,,suppa class,,best in class,,game chenjar beast wah wah :)
Chalo taali bajao dpsu chelas

Lol 33 years and a no flying machine.impotent aircraft of no use.our jf17 is 1000 times better than your tejas,sukhoi and Rafael.

Back
Top Bottom