What's new

LCA-Tejas inherits ” Stealth features ” due to its small size : Chinese media

Published November 11, 2016
SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK

Reacting to reports that Indian government has cleared orders for 83 upgraded LCA-Tejas MK1A aircraft for Indian Air force , Global Chinese media outlet ” Chinatopix” in their latest report has claimed that orders for 83 Tejas MK1A will help boost India’s local fighter jet industry, but it will also help in rebuilding of Indian air force .

The media outlet also made an interesting observation that ” Stealth features have been designed into Tejas. Its small size provides an inherent degree of visual stealth.Tejas is the smallest and lightest in its class of contemporary supersonic combat aircraft. “

It further added that ” As for physical stealth affecting its radar cross section, the Tejas’ airframe’s high usage of composites (which do not reflect radar waves) adds to its stealthiness. Other stealth inducing features are the plane’s Y-duct inlet that shields the engine compressor face from radar waves, and the application of radar-absorbent material coatings to minimise its susceptibility to radar detection and tracking.”

Defence Analyst Ranesh Rajan speaking to idrw.org confirmed that due to its sheer small size, LCA-Tejas is very difficult to spot visually in close combat and use of specially developed Radiation-absorbent material coating and use of carbon composites will give it Smaller Radar cross sections (RCS) compared to larger aircraft .

India’s indigenously developed Radiation-absorbent paint first applied on Soviet-era supplied Mig-21s had proven the reduction of its signatures considerably on Ground radars and LCA-Tejas no doubt will have smaller radar cross-section among non-stealth fighter jets but it doesn’t mean there are in the same category has 5th Generation Stealth fighters concluded Rajan.

Very few have been able to detect a Tejas aircraft using their radar,
but the main reason is that a Tejas have never been flying within their sector...

but the main reason is that a Tejas have never been flying within their sector...
Please sir,I request lets not spoil the wonderfull thread by trolling.
U seems professional lets add to the topic if you can.No offence.

Sure. Once they have their engines ready.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guizhou_WS-13
The WS-13 Taishan was certified in 2007 and serial production began in 2009.The 18 March 2010 edition of the HKB report stated that a FC-1 equipped with the WS-13 completed its first successful runway taxi test.

Officials at the Farnborough International Airshow in August 2010 stated that a JF-17development aircraft is flying with a Chinese engine, which is most likely to be the WS-13.

In November 2012, Aviation Week reported that a JF-17 Thunder was flying in China with the Guizhou WS-13 engine.

According to Janes Weekly. New JF-17 fighters are now flying with WS-13 engine and even attended the prestigious Paris air show.

Well if you call reverse engineering and stealing blue prints of foreign aircrafts as developing 100% indigenous tech, sure China would be in the list.

But on a more positive note, I would definitely admire China, the way it's able to develop it's aerospace and defense industry even by reverse engineering and than developing more advanced aircrafts from the knowledge it gained by RE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guizhou_WS-13
The WS-13 Taishan was certified in 2007 and serial production began in 2009.The 18 March 2010 edition of the HKB report stated that a FC-1 equipped with the WS-13 completed its first successful runway taxi test.

Officials at the Farnborough International Airshow in August 2010 stated that a JF-17development aircraft is flying with a Chinese engine, which is most likely to be the WS-13.

In November 2012, Aviation Week reported that a JF-17 Thunder was flying in China with the Guizhou WS-13 engine.

According to Janes Weekly. New JF-17 fighters are now flying with WS-13 engine and even attended the prestigious Paris air show.

Do you even know that they are still using the RD in JF 17?

Please mate. Take some rest.

Oh this fellow again...

1. Name one country other than US, Russia and France to develop 100% combat jets.
2. It is in service. as many people have said to you before. Which I have seen you quote as well.

Countries does not develop fighters. Companies do, and no company develop 100% of a fighter.
US, Russia and France fighter manufacturers tend to buy from their own countries,
but they can easily buy from abroad as well.
The F-35 has a Martin-Baker ejection seat, as do many other fighters.

Please sir,I request lets not spoil the wonderfull thread by trolling.
U seems professional lets add to the topic if you can.No offence.
The thread would be useful if any facts were produced.
F-22 RCS is like a marble.
F-35 RCS is like a tennis ball.
Gripen E RCS is 0,1 sq meters.
I think I read the JF-17 is 1,5 sq meters RCS (correct me if I am mistaken)
Where is LCA?

Seriously? A Pakistani questioning a Chinese source?? Isn't that blasphemy for u guys?

Thread is not how much TEJAS is ingenious,its about stealth features, which is due to smaller in size,its airframe’s high usage of composite and Radiation-absorbent material coating.
Lets stay on the topic.

its not about pakistan concern,its chinese concern about LCA and its stealth features. However after inducting Isreali AESA,IRST,HMD Helmets and HOBS missile it will be a deadly platform to counter.
FYI role of LCA is only interceptors and CAS and not deep strike into enemy territory that will be handled by you know..
irst?AFAIK LCA doesn't have irst,even for future variants.

Countries does not develop fighters. Companies do, and no company develop 100% of a fighter.
US, Russia and France fighter manufacturers tend to buy from their own countries,
but they can easily buy from abroad as well.
The F-35 has a Martin-Baker ejection seat, as do many other fighters.

The thread would be useful if any facts were produced.
F-22 RCS is like a marble.
F-35 RCS is like a tennis ball.
Gripen E RCS is 0,1 sq meters.
I think I read the JF-17 is 1,5 sq meters RCS (correct me if I am mistaken)
Where is LCA?

When you have nothing but negative to say....

Tejas is overkill for JF 17. We fit Tejas with some long distance BVR missiles ...

Yes, Any small aircraft in the world is not designed for long range bombing and deep penetration. Be it JF 17, F16 or Gripen or even Mig 21. You can improve the range by external fuel tanks.

I read a quotation of one scientist who said that they made a loats change in LCA design in the permissible aerodynamics limits. Shape is changed, Size is small, Composite is used, Y Dusct is used and RAM paint is applied. It will be very very difficult to be detected. When we shall mount AESA and Astra on it, it will be a real real lethal weapon.
never though of jf-17 as small aircraft

Back
Top Bottom