What's new

LCA mk2 : In the spotlight

IN LCA? what are u smoking ! Even IAF wont induct them in the current form!

F35 is two gen ahead of LCA!
Care to provide any evidence to support this ridiculous claim of yours or are you just shooting words from your butt:coffee:!!

Who said I am worried about LCA ? I know how it will end up :lol:
Lol,a butthurt Chinki false flagger:lol::lol:!!At least have the courage to display your real flag Mr.Slitty eyes:rofl:

Care to provide any evidence to support this ridiculous claim of yours or are you just shooting words from your butt:coffee:!!
LCA Mk1 is hardly 4th gen. it will replace Mig 21 A 3RD GEN FIGHTER. ONLY LCA MK2 onwards will be true 4th gen plane. F-35 is 5th gen. 2+2=4 wise ***!

Despite we make fun of this project, LCA has a great potential for Indian Air Force dwindling numbers and specially replacing the Mig-21 fleet. It's practically the only best solution which can replace Mig-21s 1 to 1 with better capability and least cost with home grown technologies and by the way after maturing this machine Indians can definitely build its sub systems which has been imported for now and that would be a better way towards independence. Regarding engine I believe India can licence manufacture it and in later stages could ask USA to run a program together to build a similar home grown engine.

LCA Mk1 is hardly 4th gen. it will replace Mig 21 A 3RD GEN FIGHTER. ONLY LCA MK2 onwards will be true 4th gen plane. F-35 is 5th gen. 2+2=4 wise ***!
Lol,how old are you kiddo:lol::lol:!Stop making a fool out of yourself in an international defense forum by making these kinds of ridiculous claims:coffee:

Lol,how old are you kiddo:lol::lol:!Stop making a fool out of yourself in an international defense forum by making these kinds of ridiculous claims:coffee:
whatever uber intelligent ! keep rolling in ur own muck!

Is LCA basically an area defense aircraft or an interceptor? I know it is multirole but what will be it's main role in IAF?

Last edited:
Is LCA basically an area defense aircraft or an interceptor? I know it is multirole but what will be it's main role in IAF?
It will be multirole - ie, it will perform all roles. Not as well as heavier aircrafts can, but for a lot cheaper. It will be used as an interceptor, used to do light ground attack, CAS, CAP etc. Just like the mig-21 has been used previously.

That's when they operate by themselves. But when they operate as a mixed package with heavier aircrafts like the MKI or Rafale, there are far more possibilities. Like the MKI being the hunter (spotter), and Tejas being the killer (shooter). There are lots of flexibilities available.

So bottom line, it can be used for any role, but won't pack as much punch as the heavies, and won't cost as much either.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom