What's new

LCA mk2 : In the spotlight

IAF got a habit of buying things from Europe and US and they talk about indigenous!!! If France and US stop buying local systems what will happen to their industry!!!
I think its a amateur model, not mk2.

Do the F-35 got FOC??? Still how many inducted by US Air Force, US Navy??? And how many country they comited on purchasing F-35???

Your own Air Force has to OWN THE PRODUCTS MADE BY YOUR COUNTRY.

Sadly IAF want Tejas in FULL BATTLE READY CONFIGURATION FROM DAY ONE.

From Day One, It should able to fire BVR, DROP PGMs, PERFORM CAS DAY ONE, SHALL BE ABLE TO REFUEL IN FLIGHT AND SHALL HAVE AESA.

Do RAFALE has installed AEAS till now????

What is the performance of TYPHOON IN "GROUND ATTACK"????

WHAT IS THE "AoA" OF "F-35"????

NOTE ALL THE PLANES ARE INDUCTED IN HUGE NUMBERS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE FORCES!!!

SADLY NO TEJAS. IT IS WAITING FOR "FOC" BECAUSE "COBAM" HAS NOT DELIVERED "RADOME" & "REFUEL PROBE". DESPITE SHOWING ITS MULTY-ROLE CAPACITY BY FIRING MISSILES AND DROPPING BOMBS WELL WITHIN 100 SECONDS, WHILE CLEARING "IOC".

But it is still waiting for FOC, to get inducted.

I thought so too, cause i remember seeing this pic with a bigger and redesigned intakes.
IMGP1273%2Bwm%2B(Medium).jpg

This is Naval Tejas-MK-2, its fuselage is redesigned as the lending gears been moved side wise instead of current position from below the fuselage, and also increasing length of lending gears. This is done for getting more space for fuel in fuselage section and more space below fuselage for drop tank and weapons.

Hence you see much wider fuselage because it is hiding lending gears. But the Intakes are not redesigned and remains about same size with minor increase of about 10 cm. which in IAF version is not even noticeable to necked eyes.

Hence why I said "faith"...

Faith by whom???

You your self not having any faith forget about the faith of IAF.

Last edited:
Our DM already mulling for 100 Tejas Mk1 . He mentioned tejas issues will be solved in next two months . And he also said tejas in future will be inducted in large numbers but with major improvements. May be tejas 2 will be nearly 6-7 Sq and tejas 1 may be at 4-5 squadrons . Now with 36 rafal mig 21 can be retried from service in 6-8 years time .

And Swedish G has no role in IAF what so ever. They been trying to pull down the tejas development by offering full tot and stuff. Why ? Because tejas will he much more cheaper and Tejas Mk2 will be equally capable if not more powerful and dead cheap around 30-35 mill a pop . Go for it .

a bit more on the Gripen Lobby stuff

Saurav Jha @SJha1618 · 6h 6 hours ago >>

* Comrades, there is an active lobby pushing the Gripen as a Mig-21 replacement by offering a 'Make in India' scheme. #DDBI.

* This lobby first came in wanting to improve the 'LCA' by providing aerodynamic data and other consultancy support in a hangar. #DDBI.

* Their case was that Gripen is v.similar to Tejas etc etc. Now they are even talking about 'Make in India'. # DDBI.

* The situation for the Tejas program far from being comfortable is actually Code Red. I realize this now. # DDBI.

* So worried is everybody about the need for aerodynamic refinement of the Tejas platform that it is being used by an opening by the G-lobby.

* G-lobby is proposing everything from 51 % in Mk-2, 100 % for G itself under MII. Now tell me will anybody do MII on no cost no commitment?

* The best way for Indian industry to actually upgrade itself is get its hands dirty producing homegrown systems not doing spoon fed bullshit.

This is why i said light category needs to be completely domestic in nature. So that G Lobby can stop nonsense and LCA can be more focussed

a bit more on the Gripen Lobby stuff

Saurav Jha @SJha1618 · 6h 6 hours ago >>

* Comrades, there is an active lobby pushing the Gripen as a Mig-21 replacement by offering a 'Make in India' scheme. #DDBI.

* This lobby first came in wanting to improve the 'LCA' by providing aerodynamic data and other consultancy support in a hangar. #DDBI.

* Their case was that Gripen is v.similar to Tejas etc etc. Now they are even talking about 'Make in India'. # DDBI.

* The situation for the Tejas program far from being comfortable is actually Code Red. I realize this now. # DDBI.

* So worried is everybody about the need for aerodynamic refinement of the Tejas platform that it is being used by an opening by the G-lobby.

* G-lobby is proposing everything from 51 % in Mk-2, 100 % for G itself under MII. Now tell me will anybody do MII on no cost no commitment?

* The best way for Indian industry to actually upgrade itself is get its hands dirty producing homegrown systems not doing spoon fed bullshit.

This is why i said light category needs to be completely domestic in nature. So that G Lobby can stop nonsense and LCA can be more focussed

We should be very careful, I hope Parrikar is taking note of all these lobbies.

Progress on LCA Mk.2 cockpit config
tejas2.jpg

The look and feel of the all-glass cockpit that the LCA Tejas Mk.2 will sport is fructifying with the Aeronautical Development Agency announcing that the main display will involve two 6x8 Smart MFDs and one 5x5 smart MFD in centre console "based on the latest and best design technologies currently available in the market".

The ADA is looking for a full solution to its SMFD needs for the LCA Mk.2 programme. The capability exists in country, though a competitive process will now ensue.

The ADA is looking for active matrix TFT color liquid crystal display SMFDs with separate LED backlight for day and night modes with redundancy for backlighting in both the modes, touch screen capability (will be the first Indian aircraft to sport touch screen panels), anti-reflection coating, full sun readability and night vision capability, compatibility as per NVIS Class B MIL-STD-3009B, EMI protectio.

The bezel shall have push buttons, rocker switches and rotary knobs, auto brightness control (ABC) of the display using illumination sensors placed on bezel, capability for windowed image overlay driven by the display processors, dual channel video to support redundant display processors, continuous health monitoring with periodic built-in-test reporting along with its normal operation, provision for operator Initiated Built-In-Test, In-situ programming capability. Conduction Cooled with no external cooling for the entire range of operating temperature.

Progress on LCA Mk.2 cockpit config | idrw.org

LCA mk2 cockpit will be something like this, they showed a demo in AI-2015.

nlcasim.jpg

I thought so too, cause i remember seeing this pic with a bigger and redesigned intakes.
IMGP1273%2Bwm%2B(Medium).jpg

Good find, I think they have redesigned the intakes.

Do the F-35 got FOC??? Still how many inducted by US Air Force, US Navy??? And how many country they comited on purchasing F-35???

Your own Air Force has to OWN THE PRODUCTS MADE BY YOUR COUNTRY.

Sadly IAF want Tejas in FULL BATTLE READY CONFIGURATION FROM DAY ONE.

From Day One, It should able to fire BVR, DROP PGMs, PERFORM CAS DAY ONE, SHALL BE ABLE TO REFUEL IN FLIGHT AND SHALL HAVE AESA.

Do RAFALE has installed AEAS till now????

What is the performance of TYPHOON IN "GROUND ATTACK"????

WHAT IS THE "AoA" OF "F-35"????

NOTE ALL THE PLANES ARE INDUCTED IN HUGE NUMBERS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE FORCES!!!

SADLY NO TEJAS. IT IS WAITING FOR "FOC" BECAUSE "COBAM HAS NOT DELIVERED "RADOME" & "REFUEL PROBE". DESPITE SHOWING ITS MULTY-ROLE CAPACITY BY FIRING MISSILES AND DROPPING BOMBS WELL WITHIN 100 SECONDS, WHILE CLEARING "IOC".

But it is still waiting for waiting for FOC, to get inducted.

This is Naval Tejas-MK-2, its fuselage is redesigned as the lending gears been moved side wise instead of current position from below the fuselage, and also increasing length of lending gears. This is done for getting more space for fuel in fuselage section and more space below fuselage for drop tank and weapons.

Hence you see much wider fuselage because it is hiding lending gears. But the Intakes are not redesigned and remains about same size with minor increase of about 10 cm. which in IAF version is not even noticeable to necked eyes.

Faith by whom???

You your self not having any faith forget about the faith of IAF.
10 Mm not 10 cm

tejas design should be improved. It should be 1m longer than proposed .5 m .most importantly its fuelage width should be incresed much more than only 1cm.this will provide much more fuel and incresed efficiency of engines. ALSO I HAVE ONE QUESTION :CAN MK2 SUPERCRUISE AS GRIPEN

Does any one knows the real progress about MK2...I mean if the test engine i.e F-414 has arrived or how far the sheet cutting has gone or is it being assembled etc.??

No one knows a single thing about the fighter jet, no one knows its internal fuel/weapon capabilities or its engine specs etc. etc. and the fact that the DM said "light, single engine aircraft" still leaves the door open for SAAB/Gripen.

What this fighter needs is some faith and exports, once an export order comes in then inevitably a few more will follow and morale will be boosted significantly.

India does not even have a squadron of LCA and you are talking about LCA exports. This is the recipe for disaster.

10 Mm not 10 cm

tejas design should be improved. It should be 1m longer than proposed .5 m .most importantly its fuelage width should be incresed much more than only 1cm.this will provide much more fuel and incresed efficiency of engines. ALSO I HAVE ONE QUESTION :CAN MK2 SUPERCRUISE AS GRIPEN
h

Both have the same engine, so what do you think ?

Why ? are you funding it ? :coffee:

If it would have been upto me, heads would have started to roll a decade back.

I faced a lot of flak from Indian members when I got the timelines of the mmrca incorrect. Just so that everything is clear, can some knowledged member kindly give me a timeline for this project ?

If it would have been upto me, heads would have started to roll a decade back.

I faced a lot of flak from Indian members when I got the timelines of the mmrca incorrect. Just so that everything is clear, can some knowledged member kindly give me a timeline for this project ?

You should worry more about the F-35 where 1.5 Trillion $ has been spent. Your tax $ at work.

LCA Mk-2 is set to fly in 2018.

10 Mm not 10 cm

Aerodynamic studies have proposed ideal length of Tejas to be 56 inches longer than the current one. LCA Navy Mk2 shall have that length. It shall be a platform which exploits the full potential of tejas platform. That will have a very high range with lots of internal fuel. How ever the reason of Airforce tejas being only 20 inches longer is that DRDO want it quick. They do not want to loose much time in testing once again. 56 inches longer Tejas MK2 means a new aircraft requiring lots of testing.

India does not even have a squadron of LCA and you are talking about LCA exports. This is the recipe for disaster.

Yeah, sane post. Exports can be expected only after induction of the aircraft in large numbers. First let the aircraft prove its worth. .I know you are trolling, but even then you have raised a valid point.

P.s. still fat & ugly :)

You should worry more about the F-35 where 1.5 Trillion $ has been spent. Your tax $ at work.

LCA Mk-2 is set to fly in 2018.

You have any idea how many F-35s are being churned out as we speak ? :lol:

Please for the love of god, don't compare US DoD products with a rundown sh!t like LCA

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom