What's new

Lawyers shower Pakistan governor's assassin with rose petals

Lawyers shower Pakistan governor's assassin with rose petals

What Else can be expected from these Black Sheeps of Pakistan.

Was Taseer one of those honorable citizens who pay their taxes on regular basis? Can any body please provide the figures that how many of these so called elites from this ruling class pay their due taxes and what kind of luxurious life styles they lead by looting our national treasury? Pakistani's need to learn to over come their emotions and personal affiliations with these tyrants the so called leaders and need to worry/think about the betterment of Pakistan not about these Bhuttos, shareefs, taseer's or zardari's

Christians believe that your prophet is a fake phophet and their religion also requires them to propagate their religion.

So basically you are denying them their right to practice their religion by putting up the above conditions.

So you are lying, minorities can not practice their religion freely, only as a subordinate religion to Islam in pakistan.

Jews also call Jesus a faker and infect blame him for destroying the Judaism and Abraham religion. do you think now the west is lying by saying they give Jews the freedom to practice their faith?

of course all different faiths have a difference of opinion about other deities and religion founders. What do you think the Christians of India think about Hindu deities and the faith eh? About propagating, tell me which religion doesn’t require its followers to build up its ranks? How do you think Christians exist in Pakistan? Not every Christian family head is a born follower there are converts too.

Your post was off topic and inflammatory, but if you are bored then please do lookup what Americans think of different faiths specially faiths of the east don’t be selective though..

by the way.. please do explain how willing and openhearted are the high caste Hindu right wingers about the spread of Islam and Christianity in India? you can pickup the warmth from the flames of the burnt Mosques and Churches too.

One more important item--and this just not pertains to Salman Taseer but to all leading political figures in Pakistan.
People in the blogspace and media have this habit of calling everyone 'corrupt' without enough evidence. This like a parrot which knows how to say only a couple of words. Copy/Paste from the rivals' sources do not cut it. Prove in the courts of law. The current judiciary is very much anti-PPP and will prioritize such cases.
In this vein, people are calling Salman Taseer as 'corrupt' and some are glad he is killed because of 'corruption'. My god, the level of cruelty and the lack of intelligence these people have!

Here is a brief biography of Salman Taseer. To this may be added that he worked part time while a student in the UK to complete his education there--yes, a 'self-made man' and that he founded businesses which employed hundreds, if not thousands of Pakistanis. Also, may be added is the fact that Salman Taseer was made a caretaker minister by Pervez Musharraf. If Taseer was really that bad then what do you make of Pervez Musharraf--this forum's darling--who put Taseer back into some powerful role?
I have often maintained that Pakistan's political class is no more corrupt and incompetent than its counterparts in most 3rd world countries. Yes, things need to improve but bringing in military or finding other shortcuts--the worse would be a mullah 'revolution'--is not good.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
Salmaan Taseer: 1946-2011

Staff Report

LAHORE: Salmaan Taseer was born on June 12, 1946 to Dr Din Muhammad Taseer, who was the first Muslim in the Indian Subcontinent to earn a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) in English Literature and had a close association with great Muslim leaders like Dr Allama Muhammad Iqbal.

Salmaan Taseer joined politics in his student life and became part of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) in the 1960s. He was appointed as federal minister for industries, production and special initiatives in the caretaker cabinet of Muhammad Mian Soomro in November 2007.

He, later on, replaced Lt Gen (r) Khalid Maqbool as Punjab Governor on May 15, 2008.

He was a part of the movement for Zulfikar Ali Bhutto’s freedom and opposed his arrest and death sentence. He also wrote a political biography on Bhutto, entitled “Bhutto: A Political Biography”, in 1980.

Taseer won the general elections in 1988 and became a member of the Punjab Assembly from Lahore while serving as deputy opposition leader. He also contested the National Assembly’s general elections of 1990, 1993 and 1997.

He married Aamna Taseer and had six children, namely Maryam, Shehryar, Shahbaz, Sara, Sanam and Shehr Bano.

Taseer was known to be one of the trusted aides of former slain prime minister Benazir Bhutto and a strong critic of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz-led incumbent government in Punjab.

Being a pioneer of the Media Times limited, which comprises Daily Times, Aaj Kal, Business Plus and Zaiqa TV, he remained active for the promotion of tolerance and protection of human rights in the country.

Salmaan Taseer also proved himself as one of the best businessmen the country had ever produced, by running several successful businesses, including a chartered accountancy firm, after obtaining his degree in the same subject from a university in London.

He also led a private telecommunication business, and was the CEO of the World Call and First Capital Group.

Taseer was also close to progressive intellectuals, like Faiz Ahmed Faiz. He had reportedly been a class fellow of PML-N chief Mian Nawaz Sharif in the Saint Anthony’s School, Lahore.

Was Taseer one of those honorable citizens who pay their taxes on regular basis? Can any body please provide the figures that how many of these so called elites from this ruling class pay their due taxes and what kind of luxurious life styles they lead by looting our national treasury? Pakistani's need to learn to over come their emotions and personal affiliations with these tyrants the so called leaders and need to worry/think about the betterment of Pakistan not about these Bhuttos, shareefs, taseer's or zardari's

What you say is totally irrelavant, he might have been corrupt and not a good governer, but that is something else.

My point is the blasphemy law was made by man, for man. I am not a Muslim but I doubt it was in Qu'Ran. The blasphemy law is not "holy."

Allah had left the world for Muslims through Prophet Mohamed's mouth nothing less, but nothing more than the Book of Qu'Ran.

And I dare the shooter to say he's done it because it's Allah's Will. Now that's real blasphemy. No?

i am not surprised, they do it every time, its in there nature, apne mulk me jo marzi ho, dosroon par ungli zaroor uthaen ge:hitwall:

So what do you mean?
Are you supporting Salman's killing?
What you are signaling here is that you also belong to the radicalized society,which is being criticized all over the world right now.

It's shameful that people are lauding the person who killed a man who was given death for expressing his views.

So what do you mean?
Are you supporting Salman's killing?
What you are signaling here is that you also belong to the radicalized society,which is being criticized all over the world right now.

It's shameful that people are lauding the person who killed a man who was given death for expressing his views.

ten posts and already shocked?
why make an effort to create a multiple account to express shock? I hope you would have shown your "concern" already with your main ID?
or are you one of the banned types?

rest assured thosuands of people protested the murder of Soleman and people lit vigils up to Karachi.
it is heartening to see the "concern" sown by our neighbours but do allow yourself to see the complete picture. me and many others have coondmened the murderer.

What you say is totally irrelavant, he might have been corrupt and not a good governer, but that is something else.

Yeah some guys here don't know the difference between election & execution.

One more important item--and this just not pertains to Salman Taseer but to all leading political figures in Pakistan.
People in the blogspace and media have this habit of calling everyone 'corrupt' without enough evidence. This like a parrot which knows how to say only a couple of words. Copy/Paste from the rivals' sources do not cut it. Prove in the courts of law. The current judiciary is very much anti-PPP and will prioritize such cases.
In this vein, people are calling Salman Taseer as 'corrupt' and some are glad he is killed because of 'corruption'. My god, the level of cruelty and the lack of intelligence these people have!

A very valid point Meengla. As a nation, we have this habbit of indulging in generalization and accusing people without facts.

Salmaan Taseer may have his faults like all human beings. But, as far as i can tell, there have been no accusations of financial corruption against him in the media.

As you ve rightly pointed out that he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He once said that there was a time when he didn't have enough money to be admitted to Aitchison, but now he is in the board of governors. And, I can tell you that his tax returns were more than that of combined sharif family.

rd.

You guys are hypocrites of the highest order. The essence of Islam was relatively better distribution of wealth and provision of justice but somehow, you and your idealogical cousins never rise above the length of the skirt or the drinking habits of people.

You continue to bring bad name to Pakistan, Islam and humanity.

You have perfectly summed up the problem of pakistan. Pakistan Religious parties dont want to teach their followers about the essential messages of islam like being a better neighbor and paying taxes but are obsessed with women and minorities.

Can u give me their address?

TARIQ
Yes. The Prophet PBUH and anyone he directly appoints on behalf of allah apart from that no one else. The Laws of Pakistan are decided by Parliament, drawing inspiration from the islamic values but not enforcing islamic rules on those who dont believe in them. That is between them and god. Pakistan is a conservative society but that doesnt mean we have to use islam card to ban thinks like alcohol or prostitution. We ban it because its harmful for society for all pakistanis based on logic and science

I dont actually think the lawyers throwing petals are extremist, it was PMLN lawyers just celebrating the death of a PPP Official which is just sick and the rest of world judges all pakistanis by it.

PMLN is full of ex militants belonging to banned organisations.

Salman actually had a legitimate business so it is possible he earnt his money that halal way. He was a governor he didnt actually run the punjab government it was a largely ceremonial role

You have perfectly summed up the problem of pakistan. Pakistan Religious parties dont want to teach their followers about the essential messages of islam like being a better neighbor and paying taxes but are obsessed with women and minorities.

Yes. The Prophet PBUH and anyone he directly appoints on behalf of allah apart from that no one else. The Laws of Pakistan are decided by Parliament, drawing inspiration from the islamic values but not enforcing islamic rules on those who dont believe in them. That is between them and god. Pakistan is a conservative society but that doesnt mean we have to use islam card to ban thinks like alcohol or prostitution. We ban it because its harmful for society for all pakistanis based on logic and science

I dont actually think the lawyers throwing petals are extremist, it was PMLN lawyers just celebrating the death of a PPP Official which is just sick and the rest of world judges all pakistanis by it.

PMLN is full of ex militants belonging to banned organisations.

Salman actually had a legitimate business so it is possible he earnt his money that halal way. He was a governor he didnt actually run the punjab government it was a largely ceremonial role

assalam alaikum

yes this is what i asked u if the Prophet (PBUH) oppointed someone he would not vanish where is he so that i dont take my deen from these jahil mullahs. Where r those and why they r not shown up

TARIQ

Innocent until proven guilty.

Its not about personal affiliation its about rule of law. and none of them apart from Nawaz Shariff are actual tyrants.

Back
Top Bottom