What's new

Latest news about Oil Gas possible discovery

Media wouldn't let us drill 5000 meters no matter what lol. One news channel says something else other something else next day.
Yaar jitni gehrai wahan hai, it will not be feasible to get significant benefits even if the oil or gas is found.. the infrastructure's cost will outweigh the benefits..

I am now not hopeful..

Lets focus on education..

Yaar jitni gehrai wahan hai, it will not be feasible to get significant benefits even if the oil or gas is found.. the infrastructure's cost will outweigh the benefits..

I am now not hopeful..

Lets focus on education..
One thing is good it's not Pakistan investment. I don't know why people say we have massive oil in balochistan etc

Media wouldn't let us drill 5000 meters no matter what lol. One news channel says something else other something else next day.

Don't believe any pakistani media, just visit exon mobil official website's news/press release section, that is where the ultimate truth regarding the results of this drill will appear.

It is interesting to note that earlier when at Kekra well vertical drilling reached at depth of 4,799 meters on February 21, a high pressure was felt causing huge mud loss and because of unsafe operation the well was plugged by March 23. Then the first side tracking started and when it reached down to 3,100 meters, it again met failure which is why the hole was also blocked. After that second side tracking began.
Drilling 3-5km i ocean is very difficult. This is a very difficult proposal IMHO.

Under the new timeline, the drilling under second tracking is to go down up to 5,460 meters deep by April end and Pakistan top leadership, Prime Minister Imran Khan and his some cabinet members, are pinning high hopes on drilling for major oil and gas discovery, but under new scenario, the relevant official said the drilling process may further drag up to May because of ongoing cementation that has slowed down the drilling. But in May, tide season sets in which will be very harmful to drilling process.
5.5 kilometres? This is some extraordinary depths. Considering that it is in middle of ocean, it will be extremely difficult. I would say it is 90% chance of failure. It will be similar to Indian exploration in Indian ocean. Except Mumbai high, no other oil reserves are extractable

One thing is good it's not Pakistan investment. I don't know why people say we have massive oil in balochistan etc
Pakistan is also part of JV via a PSU company. So, Pakistan is also paying part cost.

Aray aisa na bolo audi abhi ayi bhi nahi hai wapis bhijawani paregi :partay:

Drilling 3-5km i ocean is very difficult. This is a very difficult proposal IMHO.

5.5 kilometres? This is some extraordinary depths. Considering that it is in middle of ocean, it will be extremely difficult. I would say it is 90% chance of failure. It will be similar to Indian exploration in Indian ocean. Except Mumbai high, no other oil reserves are extractable

Pakistan is also part of JV via a PSU company. So, Pakistan is also paying part cost.

Then one question I am sure Exxon, ENI must have study the situation before even investing in this well. Why would they invest in such case. They have been drilling around the world what made them invest in such deep drilling where as some says that it will be hard to extract the oil or cost will be higher. Doesn't make any sense for making investment in such drilling.

Then one question I am sure Exxon, ENI must have study the situation before even investing in this well. Why would they invest in such case. They have been drilling around the world what made them invest in such deep drilling where as some says that it will be hard to extract the oil or cost will be higher. Doesn't make any sense for making investment in such drilling.

They themselves have stated that the probability of success was 19% in the beginning but that has gone down after the well started to collapse:
The drilling was initiated with 19 percent probabilities which according to the experts get reduced when side tracking starts taking place

Nowadays, the petroleum exploration has hit a rock bottom. Over 75% of explorations are failures and rest 25% is only small fields. But oil requirement is 100 million barrel per day (36.5 billion barrel per year) including Natural Gas liquids. With such massive consumption, people are getting desperate and trying their luck even in poor quality fields.
With the well collapsing, the chances of exploiting oil is less than 10%. There is definitely oil present there. But extracting from 5.5km depth in the middle of the ocean is very difficult. It is correct to make attempts to extract as oil is desperately needed but hopes must be kept low

Back
Top Bottom