What's new

Latest news about Oil Gas possible discovery

Or maybe the PM should not have announced it prematurely and this whole hype wouldn't have even developed in the first place. If this drill turns out to be unsuccessful, future drillings will be unnecessarily hyped up again and criticized by opposition and media - which may result in no future drillings. Its an all or nothing scenario which has been created by our PM.
Does it justify a media house calling it "sunk money"

Well it is sunk technically. The media will spin news in favor of their agenda - why are you acting surprised. The prolem is the premature release of an oil discovery by our PM that will end all our financial woes.

Well it is sunk technically. The media will spin news in favor of their agenda - why are you acting surprised. The prolem is the premature release of an oil discovery by our PM that will end all our financial woes.
He only said pray for good news but media put its usual spin on it

Sad, nothing came out... hoe will Pakistan get rid of all the loans and get back on the path of posterity

He only said pray for good news but media put its usual spin on it
This is the same media never questioned nawaz sharif who actually showed gold bars as a recovery of gold mines in punjab and IK even if asking the nation to pray for the good news is stupid for them ... sometime i feel we dont deserve an honest PM

Indians celebrating (without result aka fake news) no oil/gas discovery already :lol:

https://www.timesofmedia.com/headli...ng-the-treasure-oil-squashed-the-kekra-1.html

This is not Times-Of-India. This is Times of "MEDIA". This is Malaysian news

Oh, I thought you said Indians have got the news from Vedic sources and have started Diwali Holi
Again, this is Malaysian news

It is sunk money if it is wasted. Several wells were closed unsuccessfully & that is sunk cost

It's term used for expense in oil & gas industry,

A sunk cost is an expense that cannot be recovered; it is money already spent. Conversely, a prospective cost is a future cost or represents monies that have not yet been spent. Prudent fiscal management states that only prospective benefits and costs should be factored into economic decisions and sunk costs should be ignored. Stated another way, money spent in the past have no bearing on future decisions. By taking previous costs into account, a person is committing sunk cost fallacy.

http://financialuproar.com/2014/11/06/sunk-cost-fallacy/

Sad, nothing came out... hoe will Pakistan get rid of all the loans and get back on the path of posterity
Even if something comes out it will be negligible in the overall picture ...arab countries have nationlazed oil resources and have been pumping oil for decades with much smaller population and way less corruption

Silent good news is that ExxonMobil is going to dig more even if this is a failure

This is not Times-Of-India. This is Times of "MEDIA". This is Malaysian news

Again, this is Malaysian news

It is sunk money if it is wasted. Several wells were closed unsuccessfully & that is sunk cost

Fake news and Indians are like two peas in a pod:

https://www.timesofmedia.com/contact
Times Of Media Contact Details
Adress: No 2, Muniraj Layout, Agara, Tataguni Post, Off Kanakapura Main Road, Bangalore – 560082

Contact Number: +91 9535731397

For Advertising Contact

Rohit Kumar
Director – 1
RKFILES Technologies Private Limited
CIN: U93090KA2018PTC118944

Ya a Malaysian news company has their address in Bangalore.

Even if something comes out it will be negligible in the overall picture ...arab countries have nationlazed oil resources and have been pumping oil for decades with much smaller population and way less corruption

Silent good news is that ExxonMobil is going to dig more even if this is a failure

If 9tcf of gas negligible in overall picture?

Results aren't out yet a discovery is till possible we will find out end of May.

Fake news and Indians are like two peas in a pod:

https://www.timesofmedia.com/contact
Times Of Media Contact Details
Adress: No 2, Muniraj Layout, Agara, Tataguni Post, Off Kanakapura Main Road, Bangalore – 560082

Contact Number: +91 9535731397

For Advertising Contact

Rohit Kumar
Director – 1
RKFILES Technologies Private Limited
CIN: U93090KA2018PTC118944

Ya a Malaysian news company has their address in Bangalore.

If 9tcf of gas negligible in overall picture?
Let me put it this way
9tcf of gas will produce enough power for about 5-6k mw of power..that is equal to 1 hydro electric project
Also gas will be as expensive as international gas due to high return to investors though govt will benefir with taxation
Also note that Pakistan was gas and power surplus in 1990s yet witnessed historically low growth ...so issues are much broader than simple gas...we need massive human development /investment which is missing

Let me put it this way
9tcf of gas will produce enough power for about 5-6k mw of power..that is equal to 1 hydro electric project
Also gas will be as expensive as international gas due to high return to investors though govt will benefir with taxation
Also note that Pakistan was gas and power surplus in 1990s yet witnessed historically low growth ...so issues are much broader than simple gas...we need massive human development /investment which is missing

Well of course it won't solve everything but it could solve the gas shortage problems and reduce imports as well as possibly export gas. I wouldn't say that's negligible. That's of course IF the reserves exist and are that large. But I'm not very well informed on economics so I'll take your word for it.

Well of course it won't solve everything but it could solve the gas shortage problems and reduce imports as well as possibly export gas. I wouldn't say that's negligible. That's of course IF the reserves exist and are that large. But I'm not very well informed on economics so I'll take your word for it.
It wont because Pakistani lack common sense
As i said we were gas rich in 1980s what did we do?
We wasted it..people would leave their stove on to save a match stick..? Can you believe it? A match stick? Even today we burn gas with ineffective geyser outside while no other country does that most gas rich countries use instant electric heatee rather than burning tones of gas in cold outside weather to keep water warm

Usa is rich in watee but you get a bill for water usage what we do in Pakistan ? We leave watee taps leaking because exchanging a tap is more expensive ..

Our whole society is fucked up

Example of saudis is intersting..they sell oil at 74 cents and we at 80cents even though they have more oil than whole world combined

Unless utility are effectively billed and subsidize are removed and peoole relaize that they are no free launches..things will only get worse till our system collapse

When petroleum minister suggested to use stove or better geysers he was ridiculed ..this is the amount we have been spoiled ..same Pakistanis will use a stove to warm water in foreigb countries lol

Petroleum minister reviews pace of drilling activities

KARACHI: Minister for Petroleum Omar Ayub Khan and Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Petroleum Nadeem Babar visited the offshore Indus G-Block Kekra-I to review pace of drilling activities on Friday.

According to Radio Pakistan, they appreciated the drilling pace which has entered its final phase.

The offshore drilling is a joint venture of ENI, Exxon Mobil, Oil and Gas Development Company Limited and Pakistan Petroleum Limited, which is being carried out at estimated exploration cost of 75 million dollars.

This newspaper on Monday reported that the drilling at Kekra-1 well in G-bloc, Pakistan’s ultra-deep sea has been resumed after a long pause of over almost 23 days and entered the final phase by reaching the depth of 5,148 meters and will reach at the required depth of 5,460 meters within days

Umer Ayub, Ali Zaidi & Nadeem Babar Visited Kekra-1 site

At the Kekra 1 site. Aboard the Saipem 2000 Oil Rig Ship. Operated by Eni and Exxon.

Before Eid ,the news of the offshore drilling results will reach the public

60346622_2005101979617490_5009349472631652352_o.jpg

60287439_2005102062950815_4900130047727239168_o.jpg

60056921_2005102112950810_8764301377930264576_n.jpg

60070510_2005102162950805_8650717823871483904_o.jpg

59949293_2005102229617465_4572408649879650304_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom