What's new

Largest Armed Forces

What? That is insane?:eek: . I forbid anyone to believe this. 11.5 million!

I think the figure of 11 million refers to the total available manpower pool rather than the armed forces which are approximately 500 000.

Well even the Chinese army is downgrading... so what do you base this opinion upon?

Lots of poorly trained and equipped troops are not of much value. A smaller better trained and equipped army will be MUCH more effective. Also it will be much more cost effective.

Agree with Keyser on all accounts.

Many smaller armies are more effective than our due better training, armament and equipement. We cut the numbers, not the budget so there's more to spend on better toys and training. :tup:

Please elaborate.
I'm curious about your pov.

sir:army: sure, quantity has its own quality and it can also be cost's effective cut down drastically on the extra privileges of the army and use the money to build more troops,air power,navy,missile's simple plus quantity also has its own psychological impact.:army:

sir:army: sure, quantity has its own quality and it can also be cost's effective cut down drastically on the extra privileges of the army and use the money to build more troops,air power,navy,missile's simple plus quantity also has its own psychological impact.:army:

Errrr no if you have more troops you have to
A) feed them
B)clothe them
C)Train them
D) arm them

All these things cost money so your cost effectiveness idea is null and void
"Extra privileges?" what army have you been in?

Quantity only has a psychological impact in mass charges. Didn't the Iraqi army outnumber the coalition? Look what happened when smaller well armed armies met that army. Look at how many Taleban die to take out one coalition soldier....

your idea holds no water:tdown:

Errrr no if you have more troops you have to
A) feed them
B)clothe them
C)Train them
D) arm them

All these things cost money so your cost effectiveness idea is null and void
"Extra privileges?" what army have you been in?

Quantity only has a psychological impact in mass charges. Didn't the Iraqi army outnumber the coalition? Look what happened when smaller well armed armies met that army. Look at how many Tale ban die to take out one coalition soldier....

your idea holds no water:tdown:

No you are wrong according to my view point & i have not been in any army but i am talking about the extra privilege's of our Pakistan army when i said "CUTDOWN" "DRASTICALLY" on the extra privileges & luxuries i meant radically did you see the houses in defense complexes of Pakistan they are expensive the cars imported most of their children in abroad for studies they are getting . the parties in our cantonment,s lavishing take all that away apply a strict rule that no matter how many star's an army, general, brigadier have etc cannot get more then 2 to 3 bedroom apartments at the most they can buy and should have that much money only a motorcycle or a tempo private three wheeler rickshaw and at the most the highest a locally made Suzuki mehran that also the 1990 model and now the money left can be used to feed clothed train and equip a very large size army well Iraq was a different story all to gather the tale ban was not an regular army but militias with ridiculer indisciplined of no use mad caps and i am not talking about that i am talking about a professionally trained army so your example was not according to my point in the first place. and i shall keep & stick to my opinion as right.:army:

Last edited:
no you are wrong according to my view point no i have not been in any army but i am talking about the extra privilege's of the our Pakistan army when i said "CUTDOWN" "DRASTICALLY" on the extra privileges & luxuries i meant radically did you see the houses in defense complexes of Pakistan they are expensive the cars imported most of their children in abroad for studies they are getting . the parties in our cantonment,s lavishing take all that away apply a stick rule that no matter how many star's an army, general, brigadier etc cannot get more then 2 to 3 bedroom apartments at the most they can buy and should have that mush money only a motorcycle or a tempo private three wheeler rickshaw and at the most the highest a locally made Suzuki mehran that also the 1990 model and now the money left can be used to feed clothed train and equip a very large size army well Iraq was a different story all to gather the taleban was not an regular army but militias with ridiculer indisciplined of no use and i am not talking about that i am talking about a professionally trained army so the your example was not according to my point in the first place. and i keep my opinion as right.:army:

If you will note that most of the worlds best trained armies are small. This allows intensity of training for all recruits. Better wages that allow better recruits to be taken along with better morale. Better equipment so that when they have to go to war they will win.
The Chinese army is slimming down... the Russian army slimmed down. The German army slimmed down. The U.S. army uses LESS personnel than the the PAK army and they have a huge budget!
I suggest you look into the cost of running a simple field exercise to do basic training. One exercise (which lasted three days) our battalion burned off somewhere in the region of $200 000 of small arms ammo. Plus food costs and other expenses (fuel for vehicles etc)

There is a old saying "If you pay peanuts, you will only get monkeys" And frankly with your suggestions fewer people would join as it seem to have no benefits to joining as all the hard work will be for nothing (I wouldn't go to war for a rickshaw:lol: ) Those who would join would fairly desperate!

If you will note that most of the worlds best trained armies are small. This allows intensity of training for all recruits. Better wages that allow better recruits to be taken along with better morale. Better equipment so that when they have to go to war they will win.
The Chinese army is slimming down... the Russian army slimmed down. The German army slimmed down. The U.S. army uses LESS personnel than the the PAK army and they have a huge budget!
I suggest you look into the cost of running a simple field exercise to do basic training. One exercise (which lasted three days) our battalion burned off somewhere in the region of $200 000 of small arms ammo. Plus food costs and other expenses (fuel for vehicles etc)

There is a old saying "If you pay peanuts, you will only get monkeys" And frankly with your suggestions fewer people would join as it seem to have no benefits to joining as all the hard work will be for nothing (I wouldn't go to war for a rickshaw:lol: ) Those who would join would fairly desperate!

And i am going to give your capitalist recruitment policies one :tdown: coz your demanding bucket of water is just too heavy for the taxpayer's to fill so here is another two:tdown: :tdown: for you to ponder ;) :rofl:

so be rest assured had i been given a choice i would have never recommended you in the army at the very first place now ask why the answer is simple you don't go to war for a rickshaw or scooter or even a Rolls Royce's but as a matter of fact is that you go to war you fight you win or you die for not material purposes but when you do so you simply do it "FOR YOUR COUNTRY":army: :flag:

And be rest assured had i been given a choice i would have never recommended you in the army at the very first place now ask why the answer is simple you don't go to war for a rickshaw or scooter or even a Rolls Royce's but as a matter of fact is that you go to war you fight you win or you die for not material purposes but you do so "FOR YOUR COUNTRY":army: :flag:

I take it that you are joining up and demanding that you only get paid enough to ride a rickshaw?(I look forward to reading about it in the newspaper)
Let tell you something about the realities of warfare. Patriots generally make VERY BAD soldiers. Why? because when that first bullet passes your ear all the patriotic songs go flying out of the window.....:lol: Death isn't pretty or glorious and so it is only fair to recompense those who may have to suffer, so that silly people like you can shout about patriotism (whilst living in Canada:lol: )

And just for the record I am VERY good at being a soldier......;) My job was not to die for my country but make the other guy die for his.......(Patton for those of you who don't know) So I hope you never have a chance to decide who is "worthy" to wear a uniform.

I take it that you are joining up and demanding that you only get paid enough to ride a rickshaw?(I look forward to reading about it in the newspaper)
Let tell you something about the realities of warfare. Patriots generally make VERY BAD soldiers. Why? because when that first bullet passes your ear all the patriotic songs go flying out of the window.....:lol: Death isn't pretty or glorious and so it is only fair to recompense those who may have to suffer, so that silly people like you can shout about patriotism (whilst living in Canada:lol: )

And just for the record I am VERY good at being a soldier......;) My job was not to die for my country but make the other guy die for his.......(Patton for those of you who don't know) So I hope you never have a chance to decide who is "worthy" to wear a uniform.

Patton : My job was not to die for my country but make sure the other bastard died for his.

Priceless

And I agree with you Keys, but i do have to say patriotism has its place, otherwise wont the army change into merc's

I think the figure of 11 million refers to the total available manpower pool rather than the armed forces which are approximately 500 000.

I must admit that this figure appears abnormal but many sources do quote this figure. I think I have an explanation.

I visit Iran frequently mainly because the company I work for trades fuel oil and we have a contract with the NIOC. Since I speak passable Farsi, I converse a lot with the man on the street. Nearly every one ( including all taxi drivers) claim they had been " Sarbaz". This is the term for the conscript meaning someone willing to play with his life.

Since the time of Iran/Iraq war, there has been a compulsory military service for all young men. The figure of 11.5- million probably represents available trained military manpower in an emergency when the nation is on war footing.

THE WORLD'S LARGEST NAVIES - BY PERSONNEL

1. United States - 369,800
2. China - 230,000
3. Russia - 171,500
4. Taiwan - 68,000
5. France - 62,600
6. South Korea - 60,000
7. India - 53,000
8. Turkey - 51,000
9. Indonesia - 47,000
10. North Korea - 46,000

at which number does PN stand?? how much man power it have??

I must admit that this figure appears abnormal but many sources do quote this figure. I think I have an explanation.

I visit Iran frequently mainly because the company I work for trades fuel oil and we have a contract with the NIOC. Since I speak passable Farsi, I converse a lot with the man on the street. Nearly every one ( including all taxi drivers) claim they had been " Sarbaz". This is the term for the conscript meaning someone willing to play with his life.

Since the time of Iran/Iraq war, there has been a compulsory military service for all young men. The figure of 11.5- million probably represents available trained military manpower in an emergency when the nation is on war footing.

Yes, they certainly do have 11.5 million trained to fight and armed, but it's not like a regular military. It's basically like Hezbollah, but better trained and of course better armed. It's basically armed militia's fighting an asymmetrical war. Everyone knows that Iran can't take on the U.S. in a conventional war, so that's why they are suited to fight an asymmetrical war and of course also fighting with their regular military. This will be very costly to the U.S. and Israel, which will make Iran a blood bath for them. Iran may not have the best technology, but they have determined and well trained militia all over Iran, who are ready for the U.S. and Israel if they ever decide to invade. They are slowly, but surely improving their technology and capabilities. Through over 30 years of sanctions that has not stopped Iran, but made them more self sufficient. This tells you something about them.

Back
Top Bottom