What's new

LandWind vs RANGE ROVER, XiaoMi HuaWei vs Iphone ... 'Copy' is a good thing !

cnleio

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
This time Mr Leio want to talk special feeling in the real life, just last week my father gave me a call ... the old man said buying a new car. Well ... ... this thing make Mr Leio remind the old poor time, 30 years ago in 1980s my parents only earn 100+ RMB per month when they as young as today me, at that time they living in a small dormitory and bike to work, they never thought future one day will be houses owner and driving the car ... until to 56-year-age my parents finished their "China Dream". Although my parents is the last family to own private car compared with relatives families, they still did it ... today the young generation early time (25~30+ age) to own car, I think the whole familia now can organize 7x cars fleet on road =).

They bought China FAW Group's domestic brand "森雅S80", 7-seat 1.5L-AT SUV, total spent 70,000+ RMB a cheap price ... although original-designed car come from Japan Daihatsu, China FAW 'Copy' & OEM in China ... if not, the same imported one from Japan will be twice times price.
senya s80.jpg

'Copy' is a f@cking good thing, from XiaoMi HuaWei to China local automoblie makers ... at the beginning 1st step all from the 'Copy', studying foreign advantage & experience to improve ourselves, and benefit Chinese ppl for example price cost down. Yes, not only 'Copy' also depend on Chinese intelligence & hard-working.:-)

XiaoMi's MI4
MI4.jpg

HuaWei's P8
HuaWei P8.jpg

Apple's Iphone6 Plus
Iphone6 Plus.jpg

120,000+ RMB price 'LandWind' vs 300,000~400,000 RMB price 'RANGE ROVER'

'Copy' is a good thing, enjoying it in China !!! :D
View attachment 248578 View attachment 248579 View attachment 248580 View attachment 248581

There are differences between the cars: the X7 is larger by more than 5cm including a 1cm longer wheelbase and most notably has a roof rack. It has an underpowered 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine delivering 188bhp coupled to either a six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic.

That's against 237bhp in the Range Rover Evoque with a nine-speed automatic unit.

External differences are minor and are largely a matter of detailing. This is carried over into the interior which sports a very similar dashboard layout. One of the few areas where the LandWind wins out is that it has a larger infotainment touchscreen than the Evoque.

JMC previously made headlines for selling the LandWind CV9, a car that took clear design inspiration from the Vauxhall Frontera and was briefly sold in Europe, until poor Euro NCAP crash tests forced its withdrawal from sale.

There are differences between the cars: the X7 is larger by more than 5cm including a 1cm longer wheelbase and most notably has a roof rack. It has an underpowered 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine delivering 188bhp coupled to either a six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic.

That's against 237bhp in the joint-venture Evoque with a nine-speed automatic unit.

External differences are minor and are largely a matter of detailing. This is carried over into the interior which sports a very similar dashboard layout. One of the few areas where the LandWind wins out is that it has a larger infotainment touchscreen than the Evoque.

JMC previously made headlines for selling the LandWind CV9, a car that took clear design inspiration from the Vauxhall Frontera and was briefly sold in Europe, until poor Euro NCAP crash tests forced its withdrawal from sale.
We knew ... just foreign ppl usually call the same-looking 'Made in China' as 'Copy', well now China 'Copy' from Phone to Car. LOL

I'm sorry but I do not approve this (except Huawei). Although it's good to be a supportive of your country but doing it blindly is not the way to go.

We're better off spending our time and energy to come up with something that we can proudly claim as our own, and develop it from there . Encouraging and being proud at the practice of claiming other peoples work as our own, then selling it at a fraction of the price will not do China any good in the long term. We'll never be ahead of anybody for being a 'wannabe' all day.

I want to see more companies like DJI and Huawei, who actually owns the core techs in their own fields.

I'm sorry but I do not approve this (except Huawei). Although it's good to be a supportive of your country but doing it blindly is not the way to go.

We're better off spending our time and energy to come up with something that we can proudly claim as our own, and develop it from there . Encouraging and being proud at the practice of claiming other peoples work as our own, then selling it at a fraction of the price will not do China any good in the long term. We'll never be ahead of anybody for being a 'wannabe' all day.

I want to see more companies like DJI and Huawei, who actually owns the core techs in their own fields.
HuaWei's 1st pot of gold from 'copy' foreign SPC exchange ... 20 years ago before HuaWei making smartphone.

这是一个今天很多外人都津津乐道的故事:1987年,43岁的退役解放军团级干部任正非,与几个志同道合的中年人,以凑来的2万元人民币创立了华为公司。当时,除了任正非,可能谁都没有想到,这家诞生在一间破旧厂房里的小公司,即将改写中国乃至世界通信制造业的历史。

创立初期,华为靠代理香港某公司的程控交换机获得了第一桶金。此时,国内在程控交换机技术上基本是空白。任正非敏感地意识到了这项技术的重要性,他将华为的所有资金投入到研制自有技术中。此次孤注一掷没有让任正非失望——华为研制出了C&C08交换机,由于价格比国外同类产品低2/3,功能与之类似,C&C08交换机的市场前景十分可观。成立之初确立的这个自主研制技术的策略,让华为冒了极大的风险,但也最终奠定了华为适度领先的技术基础,成为华为日后傲视同业的一大资本。

You know how often the Japs have been copying the west ? Since 1863 to present

The Americans copied the Germans、the Brits etc copiously not so long ago。

The Japanese did the same。

“Copying” is a fine art mastered by only a few。It is a short cut to seed capital。

Innovation is simply a function of time and money。And you have time when you are monied。

I think it is different, Huawei now not copy, even it had, but Toyota, Hyundai had experience this when they start, now some Hyundai motor type still have copying traces, some other famous brand to.
7424E0C01A10D26D4346B6C4CA8AA6FE.jpg

Now, Huawei and Xiaomi are more and more creative, especially Huawei, Xiaomi's big picture is not hardware. In fact, Landwind X7 is good looking, but I agree with its way of doing, it is not creative, but if Landrover not apply for appearance patent of Evogue, because Chinese companies know use it, many foreigner use Chinese don't pay much attention on patent, they have done this much, Why we can't, but it is different.

Landwind X7 interior is more creative, hope they also have a creative appearance, at least don't too obvious.

In my eyes, four motor brands are hope of Chinese self-owned brand: BYD, GEELY, Great Wall Motor, and Chana(Chery is dying):
u_201505110924005734899112.jpg

u_autohomecar__wKjBx1XTiXCAREMDAAHpyueszK0511.jpg

u_201507162207502375465112.jpg

artn_2013053120384621836.jpg

And, I hope, China can have China Bosch, In my eyes, all four companies above I mentioned, can't be equal with a Bosch, China component companies are damn weak.

Its one thing to copy to jump start a company. But it's a different thing to encourage this practice and claim credits from it. I understand that China is still a developing country and being able to afford something is still more important than owning something unique for the mass. Thus 山寨 is still very common and there's nothing wrong for anyone owning it.

But in my opinion, as time goes on and as the standard of living goes up, we should put more pressure on ourselves in regards to originality and aim to be the leader of the respective field.

We can copy today, but it'll be a waste of energy if we can't innovate tomorrow.

Its one thing to copy to jump start a company. But it's a different thing to encourage this practice and claim credits from it. I understand that China is still a developing country and being able to afford something is still more important than owning something unique for the mass. Thus 山寨 is still very common and its nothing wrong for anyone owning it.

But in my opinion, as time goes on and as the standard of living goes up, we should put more pressure on ourselves in regards to originality and aim to be the leader of the respective field.

We can copy today, but it'll be a waste of energy if we can't innovate tomorrow.
I think you missed the point. The point is that few Chinese manufacturers except Huawei can surpass the original brand it copied.

Take for example the Landwind. If I was in charge of this project, I would have gave the landwind x7 300 hp not 187 hp. The lights in front would look more like Audi (the one slit LED light) that gives it the aggressive look. And of course better suspension and undercarriage rustproofing. The thing is rusting already underneath!

Instead whoever was in charge of this project should be fired for this POS. At least the japs copied and tried to best the original they copied. Chinese just copy, make quick buck get laughed at and move on to the next copy without even trying to improve much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom