What's new

Landmark Bills on Voting passed in Pakistan NA today

Fixed seats kis basis pe dengey aap ? Just saying .
Jo pakistan me rehta nai , uske liye fixed seats ?
All my life i have been suppoter for voting rights of overseas pakistanis. But now i am against it because these overseas pakistanis are devoid of ground reality. A person not living in the country, not facing policies of govt, not facing consequences of his voting choice should not have the right to vote. Overseas should not be allowed to vote in every constituency but instead given fixed number of seats in NA and PAs if they really have to.
Isse better , let the overseas people vote in every constituency .

EVMs make counting easier and faster, voting time is reduced and results are extremely accurate. Rigging results become nearly impossible and hard, booth capture becomes irrelevant.
Disadvantage is that it will have higher initial cost due to electronics but in time the cost is reduced. Another disadvantage is losers in opposition will have something new to blame for losing election. EVM rigged hein. But it van be avoided by using printed strips which are then counted to confirm the EVM results(only in places where a dispute is raised).
I somewhere heard that EVM is made by NRTC.so costs will be managed if they used locally made machines.

People in Pakistan feel that it is unfair for Overseas Pakistanis to be allowed to vote especially after the pti experience

Overseas Pakistani send more remittance $$ to Pakistan than the entire $$ export of Pakistan. Overseas Pakistanis are literally feeding the Pakistanis in Pakistan.

I think they deserve the right to vote. Do not bite the hand that feeds you.

How do you explain that every Western democracy allows their overseas nationals to vote in elections through Mail in Ballots. It has less of an impact (as it rarely if ever change the national direction) in an election than people realize, and usually is reflective of the general trends within the country.

Our dynamics are different than western countries but i do agree that it wont be a huge impact and the trend though skewed in favour of PTI, would still broadly represent the national trend.

Fixed seats kis basis pe dengey aap ? Just saying .
Jo pakistan me rehta nai , uske liye fixed seats ?

Isse better , let the overseas people vote in every constituency .

Fixed seats on basis of population of Pakistanis in a certain country/region.

Do all overseas have a home constituency in Pakistan? What about those whose parents and grand parents have migrated?

Fixed seats on basis of population of Pakistanis in a certain country/region.

Do all overseas have a home constituency in Pakistan? What about those whose parents and grand parents have migrated?
Well then , consider them as residents of the region where there parents or grandparents last lived .
Kyuki wo banda jab pakistan aayega to apne pushtaini ghar hi to jayega na .This exercise will require some serious effort though .
India launched something called OCI card , atleast it tells how many overseas indians are there , when they are visiting where they are visiting what purpose they are visiting india for .
Pakistan may have launched something similar , I don't about.

Last edited:
Overseas Pakistani send more remittance $$ to Pakistan than the entire $$ export of Pakistan. Overseas Pakistanis are literally feeding the Pakistanis in Pakistan.

That and the IT and textile sector improving. Rest of the country sitting on its arse and demanding subsidies smh.

10/10

Agreed.

Thank you PTI. I will be voting in next election.

Agar saray overseas aaj mar jayain unki families k siwa Pakistan main kisi par koi asar nhi paray ga

You say that, but you realise our families shop at your shops, they pay for your goods and services. The $32 billion we'll be sending this year isn't going to sit in bank accounts. That is money being spent in the economy. That is roughly 16% of all consumer spending in Pakistan.

Agar saray overseas aaj mar jayain unki families k siwa Pakistan main kisi par koi asar nhi paray ga
Are you serious. Do you understand the impact foreign remittances have on our economy. If you remove foreign remittances, rupees will fall through a hole.
Rampant inflation the like you have not seen. You'd need a suitcase of rupees to buy a loaf of bread. Poverty would sky rocket, and you would wish for the days today. Fuel imports would grind to a halt, resulting in industries shuttering. Millions would be out of a job. Government and military would not have the funds to pay salaries, and a given the sharp drop in consumption you'd see what is called Stagflation. Your foreign loans would be called - and you'd see your critical national assets gone.
So good luck in getting rid of foreign Pakistanis and maintaining a state!!!

BS. Over 90% of Pakistani have one or another family member overseas. Pakistani rupee will crash and Pakistan will become the next Zimbabwe. Do you know what happened to the Zimbabwean Dollar?

Only people with Stunted Growth in Pakistan cannot understand basic economics.

Well then , consider them as residents of the region where there parents or grandparents last lived .
Kyuki wo banda jab pakistan aayega to apne pushtaini ghar hi to jayega na .This exercise will require some serious effort though .
India launched something called OCI card , atleast it tells how many overseas indians are there , when they are visiting where they are visiting what purpose they are visiting india for .
Pakistan may have launched something similar , I don't about.

We have a similar overseas id as well. Some of the migrated dont visit and have completely moved. Some of the overseas are actually not foreign nationals but students or labourers in ME countries on visas. Both cannot be treated same way.

Back
Top Bottom