What's new

Landmark Bills on Voting passed in Pakistan NA today

All my life i have been suppoter for voting rights of overseas pakistanis. But now i am against it because these overseas pakistanis are devoid of ground reality. A person not living in the country, not facing policies of govt, not facing consequences of his voting choice should not have the right to vote. Overseas should not be allowed to vote in every constituency but instead given fixed number of seats in NA and PAs if they really have to.

Strongly disagree - overseas Pakistanis are contributing hugely to the economy of Pakistan by hard-earned remittances while most of the residents are supporting corrupt systems and indirectly supporting the money laundering by those corrupt families who are looting Pakistan and investing the wealth abroad for their personal/family gains.

This overseas voting through internet could be a double edged sword as it opens easier avenues for foreign intel to influence Pakistani elections, no matter how secure u make something, if its online, it can be hacked.
I think foreigners voters make up a small percentage anyway.

With EVM and non-resident Pak votes IK is sealing the next election….

Cry RAW/CIA/MOSAD/MI6 etc. cry to your deaths….

Khan secured his win for next election but lot needs to be done. We all know that Election Commission favours PMLN and PPP so need to push this aggressively if next elections are to be held via EVM. PPP is the biggest looser in this as they had a free reign in sindh with paper voting.

All my life i have been suppoter for voting rights of overseas pakistanis. But now i am against it because these overseas pakistanis are devoid of ground reality. A person not living in the country, not facing policies of govt, not facing consequences of his voting choice should not have the right to vote. Overseas should not be allowed to vote in every constituency but instead given fixed number of seats in NA and PAs if they really have to.
I agree that non-resident Pakistanis should not be allowed to vote in Pakistan but at the same time, non-resident Pakistanis should not be expected to cough up higher remittances to offset increased inflation in Pakistan.

10 April 2017 (PML-N Gov:) Death sentence given to Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav.

17 Nov 2021 (PTI Gov): Bill passed to give Indian spy right to appeal against death sentence.

I would say Pakistani living in Pakistan are devoid of the reality since they are entrenched in corruption, nepotism, and lack of law and order... That they have normalized this cancer and cannot see beyond the filth they are drowning in....

This overseas voting through internet could be a double edged sword as it opens easier avenues for foreign intel to influence Pakistani elections, no matter how secure u make something, if its online, it can be hacked.
True..while paper ballets are always secure ans cant be hacked nor can the boxes be stuffed with ilegal votes

A person not living in the country, not facing policies of govt, not facing consequences of his voting choice should not have the right to vote.
What about a person not living in the country, not facing legal system of the country, not facing consequences of his actions as past PM, should that person be allowed to lead any party in the country?

Chalo g.... Pir ab aap he suggest kry ham kary to Kia kary ??? Wo Purana kauwa (crow) wala system le ay kay bas wo jiski sir pe bet gya usko badshah (president) Bana dia jay ga ??

Now you won't see any hashtag propaganda against Expatriate Pakistanis... Ab sab Bhai Bhai hongy...
Nothing, just saying, if your country has an organization like you NSA/CSS these electronic machine are a toy for them to manipulate. Idk how good of a capabilities Pakistani establishment has.
Doesnt every looser say that
Not really, this was the first time a US President almost caused a civil war and refuse to accept his defeat.

And that more no more future for PML(N) and (PPP).
But to reap all the benefits of this democracy next bigger challenge is to eliminate that biryani,haleem voters in urban areas and a very typical baradari voting(family) system exist in our villages. I believe as long as the above two menaces exist N league and PPP are not going anywhere . Well only a high level of awareness and education can eliminate those two menaces. That will take a long time,we are still a young nation

#NayaPakistan
#SamePage
#oppositionChasingTruckKiLaalBatti
😎

government does not have the numbers to pull these half baked half hearted legislations which flaunt constitutional anarchy in the country.

the corrupt regime is now full at war with the populace

I think foreigners voters make up a small percentage anyway.
In Sialkot alone there are 85000 overseas voters
government does not have the numbers to pull these half baked half hearted legislations which flaunt constitutional anarchy in the country.

the corrupt regime is now full at war with the populace
Its not a constitutional amendment it doesn't require 2/3rd majority

The 221 it got is enough for the law to be made

Back
Top Bottom