What's new

Landmark Bills on Voting passed in Pakistan NA today

All my life i have been suppoter for voting rights of overseas pakistanis. But now i am against it because these overseas pakistanis are devoid of ground reality. A person not living in the country, not facing policies of govt, not facing consequences of his voting choice should not have the right to vote. Overseas should not be allowed to vote in every constituency but instead given fixed number of seats in NA and PAs if they really have to.

All my life i have been suppoter for voting rights of overseas pakistanis. But now i am against it because these overseas pakistanis are devoid of ground reality. A person not living in the country, not facing policies of govt, not facing consequences of his voting choice should not have the right to vote. Overseas should not be allowed to vote in every constituency but instead given fixed number of seats in NA and PAs if they really have to.

I think the complete opposite (unsurprisingly). Have you ever considered that people who live overseas have experienced successful governance, whereas those in Pakistan have only ever experienced unsuccessful governance? Maybe we are better placed to recognise policies that will benefit the nation in the medium/long term?

Strongly disagree. Without the remittances that are sent here by overseas Pakistanis, this county wouldn't survive. In fact, they deserve to vote more than the average Pakistani as their economic contributions to Pakistan are far greater than that of an average Pakistani.

I think the complete opposite (unsurprisingly). Have you ever considered that people who live overseas have experienced successful governance, whereas those in Pakistan have only ever experienced unsuccessful governance? Maybe we are better placed to recognise policies that will benefit the nation in the medium/long term?
I'm surprised people think we overseas Pakistanis are unaware of the ground realities. I mean, we have our families living there. We budget every month for our expenses here and back home for our families and I for one am acutely aware of how sharply the grocery and daily commute expenses are going up. As a matter of fact, my housemates who are all Pakistanis know what is happening back home.

This is rather offensive actually that these guys think we should not be allowed to vote. After all, we contribute more in remittances than the whole of Pakistan combined earns. There are 9 million overseas Pakistanis and more than 200 million residents in Pakistan. Per capita contribution in each of these two categories is incomparable. Bugger off!

PTI Govt just passed landmark bills successfully in NA. Defeat for the opposition.

1) EVMs introduction in Pakistan elections bill
2) Over seas Pakistanis can now vote thru internet

EVM's are the best thing happened to Pakistan for a long while as 95% Dharna's have lost its meaning if used correctly. Days of hereditary elections winners are over in Pakistan . The root cause of Muslim nations decline is the selection of the hereditary rule and internal strife.
Now next thing is Pakistan must ban all the Dharna's while allowing right to protests in the special designated parks with facilities. Do your march for what ever the reason is, make your point, carry your placards and make your speeches and then peacefully go back to your homes that's called responsible democracy.
This dharna's for removing the government must be outlawed and governments can only be removed by the ballot box and through the parliament. We as a nation must realize the Dharana's costs associated with the policing, disruption to locals, economical costs and other costs associated with such activities. As politician's are only praying that police should intervene to remove the protestors so someone gets killed and that will trigger more protests.
Next bill should be to send Zardari's and Nora families into exile while taking away theirs citizenships. We are just wasting more time and money trying to convict them which is nearly impossible under current judiciary.
Now IK must focus on the industrialization as if we don't export goods we can't provide jobs to our people, can't fight poverty and can't get rid of IMF loans.
One giant step in the right direction today should be commended while tightening up the NADRA rules and regulations.

Your ground reality is you are surrounded by reptiles who play with your emotions to get their way. They will pump and dump your economy for votes. Overseas will make sure IK stays in power long enough to complete his project.

America main Establishment kay banday hi hamasha election jitay hain. Thanks to EVM. That’s what Trump was complaining about. Sab janty hain Biden selected hy, elected nhi.

Chalo g.... Pir ab aap he suggest kry ham kary to Kia kary ??? Wo Purana kauwa (crow) wala system le ay kay bas wo jiski sir pe bet gya usko badshah (president) Bana dia jay ga ??
Let the whinning begin Patwaris! This overseas voting rights is huge! Time to get myself registered as an overseas Pakistani!

Now you won't see any hashtag propaganda against Expatriate Pakistanis... Ab sab Bhai Bhai hongy...

How do you explain that every Western democracy allows their overseas nationals to vote in elections through Mail in Ballots. It has less of an impact (as it rarely if ever change the national direction) in an election than people realize, and usually is reflective of the general trends within the country.

Strongly disagree. Without the remittances that are sent here by overseas Pakistanis, this county wouldn't survive. In fact, they deserve to vote more than the average Pakistani as their economic contributions to Pakistan are far greater than that of an average Pakistani.

Am overseer's Pakistani and I don't even vote in the UK. My question to all bro's is that are other countries are allowing their countrymen to vote who live abroad and taken up citizenships of other countries?? Are we not opening up new avenues of foreign influences good or bad on the country we all love and kill for?
We need to have a new thread on that where we can discuss pro's and con's on this topic. Ignore the remittances factor for a while as most of us send what ever to our families, friends and for charities. Those remittances will still be flowing to Pakistan regardless of any political party rule. So lets someone open up a new thread and lets have a healthy debate without any prejudices barring remittances.

America main Establishment kay banday hi hamasha election jitay hain. Thanks to EVM. That’s what Trump was complaining about. Sab janty hain Biden selected hy, elected nhi.

Doesnt every looser say that

Back
Top Bottom