What's new

Lal Masjid cleric’s interview in burqa still a mystery

More information coming out showing that Musharraf was hell-bent on launching an operation no matter what. Talks were conducted til last minute and each time Musharraf moved the goal posts by modifying conditions. Success was not an option.

For those who can read Urdu:

Jang Multimedia
@Zarvan, @mdcp, @UmarJustice, your views?

Last edited by a moderator:
More information coming out showing that Musharraf was hell-bent on launching an operation no matter what. Talks were conducted til last minute and each time Musharraf moved the goal posts by modifying conditions. Success was not an option.

Jang Multimedia

Yes because he was following his master USA orders and did disaster with this country and created havoc on people in Lal Masjid and we are still paying the price

Yes because he was following his master USA orders and did disaster with this country and created havoc people in Lal Masjid and we are still paying the price

I disagree slightly. I do not think that he was trying to follow orders. In my opinion he was trying to 'prove' his worth and usefullness.

We often blame USA for our problems, while we are authors of most of our troubles.

I disagree slightly. I do not think that he was trying to follow orders. In my opinion he was trying to 'prove' his worth and usefullness.

We often blame USA for our problems, while we are authors of most of our troubles.
Sir USA statements were coming on this and he always ordered their orders

Jang Multimedia

i can tell you sans any jangmedia report that there was far more than what jang groups as usual is spreading.

the Lal Masjid goons had more militants under their belly in hiding at that place. alas one of th ghazies lost his life when these very militants tried to use him as shield and the other saved his skin from these militants by running out in buraq. the burqa was NOT for fooling the forces or anyone outside as he knew very well that entire media and security forces were present outside and he was not gonna hide

i can tell you sans any jangmedia report that there was far more than what jang groups as usual is spreading.

the Lal Masjid goons had more militants under their belly in hiding at that place. alas one of th ghazies lost his life when these very militants tried to use him as shield and the other saved his skin from these militants by running out in buraq. the burqa was NOT for fooling the forces or anyone outside as he knew very well that entire media and security forces were present outside and he was not gonna hide

Ma'am I do hope that you actually read the column before commenting. You do have the ability to sift fact from bias and come to an independent conclusion by yourself. It does not matter how something is spun. It does matter what the actual and relevant facts are in the case. Blaming Jang Group for whatever reason is not a sound approach. Critics of any government are better able to guide one to a more balanced view, since GOP is known to keep some journalists on its payroll. If a journalist changes tracks as the government changes then you can bet that he/she is compromised, if not then one can assume that he/she is OK. Consider the fact that shameless Musharraf apologists like Fawad Chaudhry found space on Jang along with critics like Ata-ul-Haq Qasimi. Similarly today you find journalist-for-sale Abbas Mehkri defending Zardari, but you findIrfan Siddiqui on the same pages as well. So it is not so much an issue of what Jang Group has to say, but individual journalists and their track record. If Hamid Mir consistently criticizes government wrong doings then and now, good for him. If he is consistently pro-democracy - again good for him.

I appreciate consistency. I hope you do too.

Jang Multimedia

I followed the Lal Masjid episode, and in my opinion he did the right thing. The government had no choice but to perform the operation. Any person who holds hostage to women and children for their interest deserves to die.

Back
Top Bottom