What's new

Lahore to get its own 'Disneyland'

It's PRIVATE affair!!!

How is that so hard to understand?

Bhai un ka paisa, unki marzi!

This is NOT a welfare project, where do "poor" people come into this? It's an Entertainment product, pay and use! It's like a five star hotel. I'm in Islamabad, I can't afford Centaurus, should I suddenly ban all plazas? I cannot afford to go to cinemas, should I ban them? I can't afford to buy from designer showrooms, should I ban them? I can't afford Gloria Jean ki coffee, let's burn it down.

----

And poor WILL benefit, via jobs! Who do you think is going to run all the ride, sweep and clean all the facilities? Poor people! Run the food stands? Poor people!

And all the associated jobs, transport to and from the site, increased hotel bookings...

And all the handicrafts and souvenirs sold in souvenir shops...

Not to mention all the INITIAL jobs from the actual construction itself...

Who does all that? POOR PEOPLE.

And guess what's going to create demand? This mega structure, which I repeat, is NOT made from tax money.

----

Why do people so much nonsense due to political hatred?

Why do you spew such inane bullshit?

----

You literally have NO valid talking point, dragging in ganjas and schools and hospitals and nandi pur and metro in a PRIVATE project. Next time some one opens a shop, please protest at their door and insist they close their shop and open a charity, okay?

----
----

It's just a stupid theme park, they are just calling it "disneyland" to get the point across, it's not even going to be THAT big. People just like to bitch about nothing.

Still, it's a major investment, people should be HAPPY someone is taking such risks. In a country where suicide bombing and mob violence is common, this chinese company is taking a MAJOR risk.

Well said. :)
It is a theme park and an aquarium in Lahore, Punjab govt has signed an agreement with “Golden Ben Group” of China to build it at the cost of Rs 36 Billion. It is said to boast rides similar to those of Disney Land. It is indeed a positive development. However, the money could have been spent on govt hospitals which are facing a lot of problems. People who can afford, prefer private hospitals rather than govt ones. PML-N is doing a lot of developmental work but the timing of this project wasn't right. They need to spend upon health and education and after that these sorts of projects deserve attention.

How on earth can you spend a foreign company's money on government hospitals when the party investing wants to build and operate a theme park?

How on earth can you spend a foreign company's money on government hospitals when the party investing wants to build and operate a theme park?
No one is asking about other people's money on "welfare"

its 2 separate questions:
1) NECESSITIES like hospitals and schools are JOB of govt to provide ....when will they get to work when they keep mismanaging other projects?
2) for investments question is how will we benefit when only 10% can afford to go to a park, when people are dreaming China is coming to give us job while Chinese company is prob thinking ahh my people/ workers got another job!

No one is asking about other people's money on "welfare"

its 2 separate questions:
1) NECESSITIES like hospitals and schools are JOB of govt to provide ....when will they get to work when they keep mismanaging other projects?
2) for investments question is how will we benefit when only 10% can afford to go to a park, when people are dreaming China is coming to give us job while Chinese company is prob thinking ahh my people/ workers got another job!

1) I completely agree to what you've said here. There is no one in the government qualified enough to complete and manage these projects

2) The local population of Lahore will benifit. First off, the theme park will most probably employ locals (even if the number tops out at 150, it's still significant). Secondly, tourists drawn from other cities will help the local businesses flourish. Remember, tourism..whether international or local, will always benefit the city.

We also currently have little to no recreational facilities in our country, we need em :)

no one in the government qualified enough to complete and manage these projects
I dont get it...Ok illiterate became parliaments fine....fault of our people...But why dont they at least employ literate engineers who can advice them?
most probably
still waiting for some confirmation :agree:

Secondly, tourists drawn from other cities will help the local businesses flourish. Remember, tourism..whether international or local, will always benefit the city.
Yes will benefit Lahore as everything else does...Sadly Punjab is also made of other places which causes them to feel a need for their own province in an attempt to get funds for their own development....Kind of a larger picture!

We also currently have little to no recreational facilities in our country, we need em :)
Fair enough

getting land is not easy in a place like Pakistan where people get linked with their land due to inheritance and other emotional sentiments!

Do you have any personal experience with regards to above statement? If so, please do share. I can relate.

Bilawjha Rai ka pahar bna rhy hain sb.. Chinese ka Paisa hai unki marzi hai jis jagha marzi lagaien

Investment unko wapis bhi chahye hai or theme park will give them

Education and health pe wo 36 billion q lagaien gai?

Jb Investment aati ni hai to shoor machate hain ab theme park pe aa rhi hai to b shoor

People will get jobs from this... theme park ab robots to chalane se rhy ...

Most of the people jumping up and down are those leaving outside Pakistan where world class entertainment facilities are available to them, And bloody illiterate, poor and sick Pakistani back home don't deserve any good place for entertainment. Just pass on contact info of the idiot investor who are planning to setup this facility, so they can inform about ground situation that poor Pakistanies can't afford it and their investment will be lost.

Most of the people jumping up and down are those leaving outside Pakistan where world class entertainment facilities are available to them, And bloody illiterate, poor and sick Pakistani back home don't deserve any good place for entertainment. Just pass on contact info of the idiot investor who are planning to setup this facility, so they can inform about ground situation that poor Pakistanies can't afford it and their investment will be lost.

how much a theme park ticket gonna cost exactly? 2000 per head 2500 per head?

Well people do pay 1400 in Karachi Water parks which is just pure shit in the name of water park and mostly the people came from interior Sindh with families in coasters
there are also people which pay 320,000 rupees to just get membership they can afford this theme park believe me

people here are making a pahar of sooch that Chinese are bringing money for our labor (providing jobs) for our people (providing entertainment) for our economics (not counting how much we have to pay back coz unko paisa wapis bhi cha hiyea)

are we sure the Chinese firm doesnt have its own contractors, its own labour , its own rules and regulations? Its own how to dispose of garbage and make pollution guidelines?

I mean our govt doesnt deal with this...They dont even look for a nala when making mega projects...Question is simple...Will we benefit? Or get loss in terms of nala band, pollution no jobs coz Chinese labour will be employed?

obviously unka paisa hai wapis jai ga... who's denying it... paisa laga to yahan rhy han na ?
or Park me Pakistani hi kam krien gai na k Chinese... now don't tell me Chinese will also bring the construction material and labor from china as indian members say

Even Lahore Metro Orange line is funded by Chinese but which firm got the Package I? Habib Constructions Pakistani firm ... It doesn't mean if Chinese are investing they will bring their labor to do the job and go back ... there are carious projects in which Pakistani engineers and Chinese engineers are working together along with Pakistani and Chinese labor

leaving outside Pakistan where world class entertainment facilities are available to them
if you can afford to go abroad you can afford word class entertainment facilities

bloody illiterate, poor and sick Pakistani back home don't deserve any good place for entertainment.
Do tell me how these people will pay for it?

Just pass on contact info of the idiot investor who are planning to setup this facility, so they can inform about ground situation that poor Pakistanies can't afford it and their investment will be lost.
so much anger? Like I said no one is stopping you from entertainment but it is natural for one to ask about other projects which have been advertised but are yet to be started!

Well people do pay 1400 in Karachi Water parks which is just pure shit in the name of water park and mostly the people came from interior Sindh with families in coasters
there are also people which pay 320,000 rupees to just get membership they can afford this theme park believe me
THAT is costly!

Whatever the ticket will be, poor and illiterate Pakistanis can't afford it nor deserve any entertainment.

Chinese will also bring the construction material and labor from china as indian members say
That is what I am afraid of as there is no stating anything anywhere and illeterrates in parliament only means they dont read where they sign :angel:

but which firm got the Package I? Habib Constructions Pakistani firm ...
THAT is good to hear :tup:

It doesn't mean if Chinese are investing they will bring their labor to do the job and go back ... there are carious projects in which Pakistani engineers and Chinese engineers are working together along with Pakistani and Chinese labor
I sure hope so!

Back
Top Bottom