What's new

Lahore to get its own 'Disneyland'

can you criticize the development projects you don't even qualifie for good criticism
how do you know who qualifies and not?

pakistan is far far far behind comparison with any devolved country..
Yet we are bringing in Disneyland...Is that the need of the hour? Do we have enough security?

Peoples entertainment must be at the top for any government
Really who thought you that? Coz when it comes to indicators, I dont see entertainment on the list but I do see, schools, collages, uni, literacy, clean water, economics, basic needs....

Polio isnt eradicated and our rail lines were made during British era as PIA is sinking like a dead fish!

working on all fronts from energy transport security infurstature entertainment ....
We saw the energy from nandipur :agree:

I am sure we need plenty of mismanaged projects to suck the money from our generation so that next generation can become debt payers for life!

Infrastructure, yea we got something they call metro but it transforms into a swimming pool too....2 in 1 design? I mean which "mega" project doesnt think of sewage as 1 of the 1st things in planning and those who sat down to plan clearly arent clean people or dont understand basic civil engineering...Maybe it was planned with the peacocks of the house? And who approved a mega porject without sewage considerations?

So much mismanagement at every stage....Does Noon leader ever forget to eat? You know mismanage their dinner? then why mismanage our money? from metro to nandipur? Just asking about 2 for now!

stop all other work and focus on one thing
THAT 1 thing happens to be our future!

We still dont have electricity, and we are dreaming of disneyland?

We have collapsing industries and assets like PIA! and we think Disneyland is more important?

We have the worst case of illiteracy of children but we want them to be happy with Mickey mouse whom they cant even pay to see?

Focus should be on us not their tummies!

All investors should be welcomed doesn't matter in what kind of business (legal) they are going to invest instead of pulling the guns just because you don't like the person who is CM/PM of country.
I would have supported it whole heartedly had the CM/PM shown even a shred of care for the people and had he and his bro even the slightly priority set straight!

So far which goal have they achieved? electricity the main driver of economy is still in the same shitty case! They still havent improved the lines, the meters havent been updated, the people havent been sacked and so many other things...Heck if they havent shown interest in this basics Disneyland ka khawab is going to get us into trouble as masters of mismanagement might I DONT KNOW steal lands? give bad blueprints to get traffic jammed for construction site? no sewage system hence breeding ground for Polio?

Could be any of the above or a mixture! Mismanagement needs to be tackled! People fired ...not just throw the blame on them and forget about it! like in the case of flooding metro! or nandipur! For posters they got their face printed all over but when it came to owning responsibility of the mess they finger pointed and flushed it away!

Only 0.02 percent of Pakistani pay income taxes...can you criticize the development projects you don't even qualifie for good criticism

pakistan is far far far behind comparison with any devolved country..

Peoples entertainment must be at the top for any government and PMLN working on all fronts from energy transport security infurstature entertainment ....

sore loosers cry ....and never accept their defeat....when motorway was introduced some loosers cried river and some say they are still crying.....

Highlighted part is gross misconception. GoP's major chunk of revenue comes from Indirect taxes and everyone pays that even a kid who buys candy from his pocket money. But yes, taxation need drastic reforms and direct taxes needs to be increased and corrupt butts in fbr needs kicking. Anyway, PML-N is doing far better than PPP and Punjab govt.s overall performance is much better than other provincial govt.

Bibi - sitting is Europe and giving lectures is easy, Pakistan is poor country and we need to fix our economy on high priority as well to arrange funds for other things and generate employments.

The investor who is going to spend $360m should be worried about electricity.

We have collapsing industries and assets like PIA! and we think Disneyland is more important?

We have the worst case of illiteracy of children but we want them to be happy with Mickey mouse whom they cant even pay to see?

Again what this have to do anything with one foreign company building amusement park? Is this project is going to be built with Public money? If no than what's your issue with it? there are thousands of places where millions of people can't afford to go, should we bulldoze those as well?

I would have supported it whole heartedly had the CM/PM shown even a shred of care for the people and had he and his bro even the slightly priority set straight!

So far which goal have they achieved? electricity the main driver of economy is still in the same shitty case! They still havent improved the lines, the meters havent been updated, the people havent been sacked and so many other things...Heck if they havent shown interest in this basics Disneyland ka khawab is going to get us into trouble as masters of mismanagement might I DONT KNOW steal lands? give bad blueprints to get traffic jammed for construction site? no sewage system hence breeding ground for Polio?

Could be any of the above or a mixture! Mismanagement needs to be tackled! People fired ...not just throw the blame on them and forget about it! like in the case of flooding metro! or nandipur! For posters they got their face printed all over but when it came to owning responsibility of the mess they finger pointed and flushed it away!

You can't install power plants with empty pockets. Convincing investor to come to country plunge into terrorism with bomb blasting here and there, economy collapsed and near to default on international obligation is not small task. And building dams and power plants are not like building 5 marla house that you can't do it overnight, they tried to show efficiency and tried to do it over nights and screwed up Nandipur.

People gave vote to PML-N, so let them complete the term like PPP and let the people judge. Or close down this democracy drama once for all.

dil ko bhelanay ka khiyal acha hai ;)

Do you want to say like IK that Zardari and his govt. was more honest and better? :pop:

we need to fix our economy on high priority as well to arrange funds for other things and generate employments.
ab yaad aya? When nandipur par paisa daboray thay tub aqal geetoun mein thee?
Jub metro ko fancy say sub say expensive bana ray thay tub aqal kiya geetoun mein thee?
Jub PIA ko baar baar save keray hain and railway ko bhi...tub aqal nai economy par aai?

The investor who is going to spend $360m should be worried about electricity.
Have the deals been released as to who is providing electricity and if he fails to provide what the fine is? Nakli tasali day di? SS's famous 3 mths mein bijli khattam ker dain gay ;)

Again what this have to do anything with one foreign company building amusement park? Is this project is going to be built with Public money? If no than what's your issue with it? there are thousands of places where millions of people can't afford to go, should we bulldoze those as well?
1) Issue is if they cant manage their own and mismanagement "just happens" under their nose how ca they guarantee they arent going to be tricked/ looted?
2) Bulldozing takes money! WHy not be productive?
3) You mean to say by building disneyland it will fix economy? how? What if no one comes and it is more expensive to run and maintain it than keep it turned off?
4) Who are we expecting to pay for these rides? The rich? Shouldnt we be more worried about taxing them than making them pay for some fancy park on our land where the money goes back to the investor? If we are expecting foreigners to come to enjoy disneylan, which foreigners? tourism hasnt hit its peak nor do we have less to show tourists! But we have alot to worry about security!
5) Whose providing security to the park?

You can't install power plants with empty pockets.
You sure could had you not emptied nation's pockets to fill yours! Nandipur made a HUGE loss! Metro fancy is most expensive for a developing country! We could have saved from those! And then extra cost on for plumbing that piece of work....
Convincing investor to come to country plunge into terrorism with bomb blasting here and there, economy collapsed and near to default on international obligation is not small task.
Oh with liars it is easy! For sure there is some cut dealing going on! Aywien nai aray!

And building dams and power plants are not like building 5 marla house that you can't do it overnight, they tried to show efficiency and tried to do it over nights and screwed up Nandipur.
Yea, so what proof do we have they wont screw up here?

People gave vote to PML-N,
People also gave to PPP and MQM!

complete the term like PPP
And then what? PPP ran away with the money inko bi janay do magar awaz nai ani cha hiyea? What feudal mentality is that?

. Or close down this democracy drama once for all.
it has been a failure...its more a monarchy...Mariyum is next in line! She is going to play the benazir and women empowerment card that she picked from USA!

more honest and better
1) IK never came into federal so How can we compare?
2) KPK did get improved land and police systems...Punjab still lacks despite SS being in Punjab since forever and we cant even get a proper nala till date!

As for Zardari...what NS and SS are doing jointly are kind of running side by side Zardari! Causing loss to Pakistan not giving 2 shits about the people show me the difference between the 2!

ab yaad aya? When nandipur par paisa daboray thay tub aqal geetoun mein thee?
Jub metro ko fancy say sub say expensive bana ray thay tub aqal kiya geetoun mein thee?
Jub PIA ko baar baar save keray hain and railway ko bhi...tub aqal nai economy par aai?

Bibi - Now i am sure that you have nothing else to do other than posting just for sake of posting. I don't start senseless whining about everything which govt. do just because i don't like Sharif brothers. I already said that they screwed up Nandipur, i also criticized subsidy on metro (not against bus service) - go and check the relevant threads. And i am all in favor of govt.s plan to privatize PIA instead of bailing it out again and again. PR's condition is improving.

Have the deals been released as to who is providing electricity and if he fails to provide what the fine is? Nakli tasali day di? SS's famous 3 mths mein bijli khattam ker dain gay ;)
What details of deals needs to be released when there is no deal? It's only that Punjab govt. is assuring the investor that she will facilitate project. Bibi - Disneyland ka malik osay bijli par chalay ya generator par, ap ko kia problem hai?

1) Issue is if they cant manage their own and mismanagement "just happens" under their nose how ca they guarantee they arent going to be tricked/ looted?
2) Bulldozing takes money! WHy not be productive?
3) You mean to say by building disneyland it will fix economy? how? What if no one comes and it is more expensive to run and maintain it than keep it turned off?
4) Who are we expecting to pay for these rides? The rich? Shouldnt we be more worried about taxing them than making them pay for some fancy park on our land where the money goes back to the investor? If we are expecting foreigners to come to enjoy disneylan, which foreigners? tourism hasnt hit its peak nor do we have less to show tourists! But we have alot to worry about security!
5) Whose providing security to the park?

1. What's the max trick the company can play? Max. Investor can back-out from project? So, what? it's their money and they have every right to do so?
2. Yeah, more productive way will be that anything which many people can't afford should be confiscated and converted into schools. Let's start with 4-5 start hotels, restaurants, malls.
3. For people it's an amusement park, and from economic point of view it's $350 FDI which surely will generate dozens of jobs and more importantly encourage other investors to come and invest in Pakistan. If the owner of it will not be able to run it than he/she can sell or close, Many businesses open and close daily in this world.
4. Nobody is claiming that it's for foreigners, they will be having far better option. Whoever can afford will go there, just like whoever can afford will go to M.M. Alam road for dinning rest can eat at home.
5. Obama

Oh with liars it is easy! For sure there is some cut dealing going on! Aywien nai aray!
How many investors PPP/PTI brought?

Yea, so what proof do we have they wont screw up here?
For god sake try learn difference between public and private funds and projects.

IK never came into federal so How can we compare?
Try to understand what i wrote.

how do you know who qualifies and not?

Yet we are bringing in Disneyland...Is that the need of the hour? Do we have enough security?

Really who thought you that? Coz when it comes to indicators, I dont see entertainment on the list but I do see, schools, collages, uni, literacy, clean water, economics, basic needs....

Polio isnt eradicated and our rail lines were made during British era as PIA is sinking like a dead fish!

We saw the energy from nandipur :agree:

I am sure we need plenty of mismanaged projects to suck the money from our generation so that next generation can become debt payers for life!

Infrastructure, yea we got something they call metro but it transforms into a swimming pool too....2 in 1 design? I mean which "mega" project doesnt think of sewage as 1 of the 1st things in planning and those who sat down to plan clearly arent clean people or dont understand basic civil engineering...Maybe it was planned with the peacocks of the house? And who approved a mega porject without sewage considerations?

So much mismanagement at every stage....Does Noon leader ever forget to eat? You know mismanage their dinner? then why mismanage our money? from metro to nandipur? Just asking about 2 for now!

is pakistan getting their own disneyland franchise or is it similar or a replica?

disneyland paris is very nice and is very hard to beat. i think the so called pakistani theme park is just a theme park with disneyland features. and in no aspect a part of the disney land franchise.

The BIGGEST complain which amazingly you fail to see is the obvious uselessness of this plan for People of Pakistan (I said people not elite)

Why waste time, effort in things which are not beneficial for the common man? HOW is this benefiting a common laborer who doesnt even earn enough to pay electricity bills which he gets for electricity he never gets?

It's PRIVATE affair!!!

How is that so hard to understand?

Bhai un ka paisa, unki marzi!

This is NOT a welfare project, where do "poor" people come into this? It's an Entertainment product, pay and use! It's like a five star hotel. I'm in Islamabad, I can't afford Centaurus, should I suddenly ban all plazas? I cannot afford to go to cinemas, should I ban them? I can't afford to buy from designer showrooms, should I ban them? I can't afford Gloria Jean ki coffee, let's burn it down.

----

And poor WILL benefit, via jobs! Who do you think is going to run all the ride, sweep and clean all the facilities? Poor people! Run the food stands? Poor people!

And all the associated jobs, transport to and from the site, increased hotel bookings...

And all the handicrafts and souvenirs sold in souvenir shops...

Not to mention all the INITIAL jobs from the actual construction itself...

Who does all that? POOR PEOPLE.

And guess what's going to create demand? This mega structure, which I repeat, is NOT made from tax money.

----

Why do people so much nonsense due to political hatred?

Why do you spew such inane bullshit?

----

You literally have NO valid talking point, dragging in ganjas and schools and hospitals and nandi pur and metro in a PRIVATE project. Next time some one opens a shop, please protest at their door and insist they close their shop and open a charity, okay?

----
----

is pakistan getting their own disneyland franchise or is it similar or a replica?

disneyland paris is very nice and is very hard to beat. i think the so called pakistani theme park is just a theme park with disneyland features. and in no aspect a part of the disney land franchise.
It's just a stupid theme park, they are just calling it "disneyland" to get the point across, it's not even going to be THAT big. People just like to bitch about nothing.

Still, it's a major investment, people should be HAPPY someone is taking such risks. In a country where suicide bombing and mob violence is common, this chinese company is taking a MAJOR risk.

Clear indication that Pakistan on the path of happiness ....the best part is PTI N PMLQ supporters still burning in hell :crazy:by such historic developments in Pakistan :pakistan:

It is a theme park and an aquarium in Lahore, Punjab govt has signed an agreement with “Golden Ben Group” of China to build it at the cost of Rs 36 Billion. It is said to boast rides similar to those of Disney Land. It is indeed a positive development. However, the money could have been spent on govt hospitals which are facing a lot of problems. People who can afford, prefer private hospitals rather than govt ones. PML-N is doing a lot of developmental work but the timing of this project wasn't right. They need to spend upon health and education and after that these sorts of projects deserve attention.

----
It's just a stupid theme park, they are just calling it "disneyland" to get the point across, it's not even going to be THAT big. People just like to bitch about nothing.

Still, it's a major investment, people should be HAPPY someone is taking such risks. In a country where suicide bombing and mob violence is common, this chinese company is taking a MAJOR risk.

Terror incidents fell by 80% after 2014 Zarb-e-Azb op. With the improvement in security situation investments are comming in, so suicide bombings aren't common anymore. Even when they were common they were in the northwestern part, not in Punjab.

Now i am sure that you have nothing else to do other than posting just for sake of posting.
why on earth would anyone think that?

Seriously go seek medical help if you can throw such far fetched nonsense....I asked about their aqal and economy since you brought in economy....

I don't start senseless whining about everything which govt. do just because i don't like Sharif brothers. I already said that they screwed up Nandipur, i also criticized subsidy on metro (not against bus service) - go and check the relevant threads. And i am all in favor of govt.s plan to privatize PIA instead of bailing it out again and again. PR's condition is improving.

I know you are in favour...you say all this yet you say its ok to throw in another few millions....land and all

The problem with you people is you people associate HUGE BUILDING projects as development but mind you non of this is counted as development it is for vote banks!

Development esp sustainable development is investing in your future generation!

THAT is all I am pointing out!

un ka paisa, unki marzi!
unka kinka?

How do you think land will be acquired? People moved and compensated by Pakistani govt as per the agreement....Konsa Noon league is paying from their pockets? Stupid comment if you think national treausre is = unka paisa!

a welfare project, where do "poor" people come into this?
the poor basically make up some 30-440% of our population! Try getting an education even the middle class is paying close to foreign school fee to get an education not even up to par!

And for your kind information it isnt all about welfare ...A good education and health system is THE JOB of the bloody govt! not welfare but a NECESSITY - learn the meaning of the word!!

1. What's the max trick the company can play? Max. Investor can back-out from project? So, what? it's their money and they have every right to do so?
Usually when one signs a "pact" / agreement or whatnot....If something fails, someone has to pay and it is usually in money! And we have seen time and again, Noon projects haven ever been fully honest about their side....Only in last min do they tell/ show / announce what our side "has" to contribute!

2. Yeah, more productive way will be that anything which many people can't afford should be confiscated and converted into schools. Let's start with 4-5 start hotels, restaurants, malls.
Sarcasm isnt going to give you brownie points!

Instead of wasting energy in being sarcastic why not apply it where it may be useful?

. For people it's an amusement park, and from economic point of view it's $350 FDI which surely will generate dozens of jobs and more importantly encourage other investors to come and invest in Pakistan. If the owner of it will not be able to run it than he/she can sell or close, Many businesses open and close daily in this world.
generate jobs? What makes you say the park owner wont wanna employ their own people? Arent they "investing" wouldnt they employ / make jobs for their own people? From engineers to construction firms to whatnot? It is naive of you guys to think we will get jobs on someone else's money....when own govt ONLY chooses its OWN friends to build their projects what or where does it say it will open jobs for us?

Whoever can afford will go there, just like whoever can afford will go to M.M. Alam road for dinning rest can eat at home.
Exactly, so it is not for the people but for the 1-10% of the population so why should 90% be happy for 10%?

How many investors PPP/PTI brought?
Question should be how many times has WADDA Shariff invited other CM to come to a meeting? When some foreign delegation comes it is ALWAYS ONLY Punjab CM other CM are NEVER invited....why? Why arent other CM invited? Are they not part of Pakistan?

For god sake try learn difference between public and private funds and projects.
I am only asking for proof of not screwing up? We have land grabbers in parliament....so how sure are we land isnt going to be grabbed and compensation is going to be paid? Both ways is not good...paying compensation = our national treasure being used....grabbing land = our people suffer

Try to understand what i wrote.
How about you try to understand what mismanagement means and the level portrayed by Noon and see in whatother sectors and amazing ways they have managed to do it!

replica....Disneyland is copyrighted, right?

Schools, colleges, hospitals, infrastructure, poverty, unemployment, agriculture all done.

Now lets splash a few hundred million dollars on Disneyland.

Bilawjha Rai ka pahar bna rhy hain sb.. Chinese ka Paisa hai unki marzi hai jis jagha marzi lagaien

Investment unko wapis bhi chahye hai or theme park will give them

Education and health pe wo 36 billion q lagaien gai?

Jb Investment aati ni hai to shoor machate hain ab theme park pe aa rhi hai to b shoor

People will get jobs from this... theme park ab robots to chalane se rhy ...

Chinese ka Paisa hai unki marzi hai jis jagha marzi lagaien

Investment unko wapis bhi chahye hai or theme park will give them
people here are making a pahar of sooch that Chinese are bringing money for our labor (providing jobs) for our people (providing entertainment) for our economics (not counting how much we have to pay back coz unko paisa wapis bhi cha hiyea)

People will get jobs from this...
are we sure the Chinese firm doesnt have its own contractors, its own labour , its own rules and regulations? Its own how to dispose of garbage and make pollution guidelines?

I mean our govt doesnt deal with this...They dont even look for a nala when making mega projects...Question is simple...Will we benefit? Or get loss in terms of nala band, pollution no jobs coz Chinese labour will be employed?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom