What's new

Lahore Should Be Developed Like Delhi: Pak Minister

And the indian cities including Delhi are true $hit holes with no redeeming features.

Regarding indian cities - I have visited them - and can compare with other cities in the region and world, sorry to say - they were, and are in

Yeah..try trolling harder.As a matter of fact India's tier 3 cities have better infra than Lahore,and the diffrence would only get wider,considering our massive investment in infrastructure.Heck even one of tier 3 cities close by,having population of 430,000 is getting a monorail project worth INR 3500 crore,some thing Lahore can only dream.

Delhi has worlds second best airport,Metro rail praised by BBC and CNN,selected as example foe australia by aussie media and praised even by Mayor of London.Its road network is really good,Its skyscraper projects are really impressive and its Formula 1 circuit was praised by Sebastian Vettel as the best,BBC describe the circuit as impressive.

If you think Delhi is $hithole,what would you sayabout Lahore??

Yeah..try trolling harder.As a matter of fact India's tier 3 cities have better infra than Lahore,and the diffrence would only get wider,considering our massive investment in infrastructure.Heck even one of tier 3 cities close by,having population of 430,000 is getting a monorail project worth INR 3500 crore,some thing Lahore can only dream.

Delhi has worlds second best airport,Metro rail praised by BBC and CNN,selected as example foe australia by aussie media and praised even by Mayor of London.Its road network is really good,Its skyscraper projects are really impressive and its Formula 1 circuit was praised by Sebastian Vettel as the best,BBC describe the circuit as impressive.

we show them stats, give them credible source to prove what we claim and in return they keep trolling and debate in a typical orangi fashion where only words and foul language matter and not source or facts :lol:

lahore doent have metro, third class airport, hours of load shedding, no world class educational institute, no world class medical care, majority of the people live in ghettos and the economy is going down.

This is what puts lahore even behind our tier 2 cities

another incredible thing about pakistan is that they just have 3 cities and no tier II or tier III cities. I have seen pics of Peshawar, rawalpindi etc and they look nothing more than large ghettos. For an economy to develop even small cities need to be taken care of. good thing is India has realised this and even small cities are getting infrastructure similar to metros

@iam not greek

You're right mate,The upcoming projects in tier 3 Indian cities are much advanced than in many of their tier 1 cities.

Last edited by a moderator:
YES ,LAHORE should be better developed.The Pakistani Minister after touring New Delhi found the ISBT is modern and comfortable ie ISBT Kashmir Gate, Delhi Metro and Airport Express Metro,New Dehli International Airport T3 etc.Lahore should be developed along these lines.As South Asian -like to see Lahore developed as a modern metropolis,This developments will bring pride to people in Lahore,Punjab in particular,Pakistan and South Asians in general.Look at the current state of railway terminus in Lahore-looks like a tin shed, airport nothing like Islamabad, state of road system congested-Do not misinterpret the Minister's statement

But as it is evident from the forum, Pakistanis thinks that Lahore is much batter than Delhi so as Pakistan compare to India. So there is no need for further developing Lahore. Pakistanis are happy with what they have And I wish them more and more progress in a manner in which they are progressing right now.

@<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=146095" target="_blank">hassan346</a></u>

Get a life dude,your islamabad airport one will be completed by 2015,ours would be done by 2014,andIslamabad is your only glass and steel airport while we have such things in tier 3 cities even :lol:

go troll about slums somewhere else,show me Pakistani equivalents of Palais Royale...haha

maybe we dont have glass and steel airport or the biggest airport in the world
but our current airport fulfills our current need lahore airport is still very decent and well maintained.. atleast we havent made any of our airport on slums
this is our old airport road maybe not good as ur newly constructed airports but still its good enough .

@<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=22700" target="_blank">DESERT FIGHTER</a></u>

I guess you doesnt know about Delhi AIIMS,also called Harward of Asia.India's IITs are among worlds best.

Well I live in a tier 3 Indian city,We already have a modern glass and steel airport here,a monorail is under comstruction and we have 4-6 lane city roads,The tallest building in Construction here is as tall as tallest one in Karachi !

FYI metrobus is nothing else but a low capacity system,its original name is BRTS,we have such systems usually in our tier 3 cities,The BRT system of Rajkot will open this year,its 60 km long,more than Lahore one.
ya thats why our students r getting so many As..
Ali Moeen Nawazish
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ali Moeen Nawazish (born 1990/1991)[1][2] is a Pakistani student notable for passing 23 A-levels, a world record.[1][3] He got 21 As, a B, and a C.[1] Nawazish has graduated from Trinity Hall, Cambridge.
Nawazish was interviewed by or quoted in newspapers and TV channels, including Times Online, The Telegraph, The Independent, and the BBC.[8][9][10][11] The media's response was highly positive.[12] He was awarded the Pride of Performance award,[13] which is one of the highest honors in Pakistan. Nawazish was congratulated personally by the Prime Minister of Pakistan.[14]
He has joined Pakistan's biggest media organisation, Jang Group and Geo. Where he is going to serve as youth ambassador, and try to introduce the youth and its issues to the main stream media where they are often neglected. He will also be hosting programs on Geo News and writing for Jang and the News.[15]
i thoght some one was talking abt it

Last edited by a moderator:
You are an absolute idiot,You think you know more about Indian Road Network than me?Most of India's roads except a few national highways,expressways and city roads , are asphalt ones.Yes you can continue India bashing here,but our Infrastructure is far better than any other in South Asia,I guess you can share the same views about our neighbours in our west.I also hope you can share the same view on metros and airports to them too.

We have poverty, but we are seeing a steady decrease in it,also we are seeing in poverty and increase in HDI (medium level already) and literacy.There is one of our neighbours that have much less per capita income,low HDI and 54% literacy rate,try bashing them too.

We are spending $70 billion on roads in 2013,and our plan is to spend $ 1 trillion on infrastructure for next five years.

You are doing a really good work to deviate from topic and hence defend your allies.the Topic here is comment of a Pakistani minister-If you think Delhi doesnt have better infrastructure than Lahore,prove it,else STFU & GTFO

yeah ,you know more about india roads than me ,but it's true that you know nothing about infrastructure out of your deep well, or else you wouldn't boast your poor infrastruecture unashamedly.
india city teach other cities?OMG.how can a garbage city have a genius student?what can other cities learn from a city where there is no city plan ,no traffic regulations,no safe water ,no enough power supply?yeah, all negative teaching examples.
have i bashed india? how can i bash a city that is much better than all europe cities!please don't tell me what you will do ,as we all know what "india will that ,india will this" means......
prove what ? all my words are good proof that other cities including lahore should learn nothing from a city of failure.

And the indian cities including Delhi are true $hit holes with no redeeming features.

Regarding indian cities - I have visited them - and can compare with other cities in the region and world, sorry to say - they were, and are in a terrible state.

Stop trolling:closed:

Pics from our $hit hole..:D:D
Show me something like this from your country.....:yay:

001090196prevstill.jpg

001090188prevstill.jpg

mumbai-18.jpg

mumbai20.jpg

yeah ,you know more about india roads than me ,but it's true that you know nothing about infrastructure out of your deep well, or else you wouldn't boast your poor infrastruecture unashamedly.
india city teach other cities?OMG.how can a garbage city have a genius student?what can other cities learn from a city where there is no city plan ,no traffic regulations,no safe water ,no enough power supply?yeah, all negative teaching examples.
have i bashed india? how can i bash a city that is much better than all europe cities!please don't tell me what you will do ,as we all know what "india will that ,india will this" means......
prove what ? all my words are good proof that other cities including lahore should learn nothing from a city of failure.

who has invited you here? the thread is about India and Pakistan. and BDW if we start adopting your anti human policy then its not difficult to develop ghost cities like yours.
I will tell you a real life story. I met a Chinese in Delhi who became my friend. we would talk about anything and laugh about silly politicians in India but whenever it came to discussing politics of China she kept mum or changed topic. Never could i force her to give her opinion about her country's politics. anyway one day she was boarding a bus from North Campus to Pragati Maidan. the same day i had to leave Delhi and the last words she said to me was "You are so lucky you have democracy in your country".

So i suggest you to stop advising us. we dont need chinese model to develop our city. we will develop it our own way at our own pace.

who has invited you here? the thread is about India and Pakistan. and BDW if we start adopting your anti human policy then its not difficult to develop ghost cities like yours.
I will tell you a real life story. I met a Chinese in Delhi who became my friend. we would talk about anything and laugh about silly politicians in India but whenever it came to discussing politics of China she kept mum or changed topic. Never could i force her to give her opinion about her country's politics. anyway one day she was boarding a bus from North Campus to Pragati Maidan. the same day i had to leave Delhi and the last words she said to me was "You are so lucky you have democracy in your country".
So i suggest you to stop advising us. we dont need chinese model to develop our city. we will develop it our own way at our own pace.
the world know your way too much,a way of 1 third poorest population of the world and .you don't need me to tell you how many of children died of starvation, how many girls sold or GRed,......the list is too long.
try to plan a good city first and then boast here.

the world know your way too much,a way of 1 third poorest population of the world and .you don't need me to tell you how many of children died of starvation, how many girls sold or GRed,......the list is too long.
try to plan a good city first and then boast here.

We never claimed to be developed. we are developing and with each passing year our social indicator is improving. when we have the per capita level of China, we'll have a vibrant and strong headed and questioning population just like America because freedom flows in our blood. its just a matter of time

We never claimed to be developed. we are developing and with each passing year our social indicator is improving. when we have the per capita level of China, we'll have a vibrant and strong headed and questioning population just like America because freedom flows in our blood. its just a matter of time
but when China had India's per capita GDP,we didnt see so huge starvation.
now in my hometown where has per capita GDP only 4000-5000 USD,maybe lower than mumbai, very poor,and very populous(10 million),we don't have people who suffer from hungry,we don't have children who cant afford to go to school.we don't have slums.and you have to know the goods price here is very high compared to India.
we know the India style freedom,just look at your roads,you guys can make a narrow two lane road six lanes easily, absolutely chaos.

but when China had India's per capita GDP,we didnt see so huge starvation.
now in my hometown where has per capita GDP only 4000-5000 USD,maybe lower than mumbai, very poor,and very populous(10 million),we don't have people who suffer from hungry,we don't have children who cant afford to go to school.we don't have slums.and you have to know the goods price here is very high compared to India.
we know the India style freedom,just look at your roads,you guys can make a narrow two lane road six lanes easily, absolutely chaos.

Indian social factor plays a vital role in many cases of starvation. not everything has to do with incompetency of the economy. for example, when needed Chinese can eat dogs and rats but no matter how hungry and Indian is, he would not even think about eating dog. A lot of it have to do with the culture. but bottom line is India is very different from the cultures around the world and hence the kind of development taking place is chaotic. but if you would have studied Chaos theory, you would be knowing that every chaos has a pattern.
Also you have a bad habit of generalizing India. India has in last few years developed good wide roads and national capital is probably having best roadways in South Asia. Southern Indian roads have always been clean and in good shape (most of it) and we are building miles of expressways. Things are improving without hurting anyone's sentiments. that's the development India is doing

Yes, I am afraid delhi is still a $hit hole.

Back
Top Bottom