What's new

Lahore needs new Master Plan like Dubai & Other International Mega Cities (High Rise Buildings Plan)

And compare what you described to this:

This is basically heaven in comparison, the infrastructure when he makes the first turn is immaculate
Pakistan is like heaven if you have money. I am talking from experience. I have some few family and friends in Pakistan that are rich and I have seen their lifestyle.

Pakistan is like heaven if you have money. I am talking from experience. I have some few family and friends in Pakistan that are rich and I have seen their lifestyle.
Yes, as most places are, even poorest African countries

Our cities are hundreds to thousands of yrs old with historical & cultural buildings & areas. Instead of nonsense like looking towards dubai, Pakistan needs to look towards europe & study how they've managed to modernize their cities WITHOUT losing their historical & cultural heritage. You're not gonna fix them by trying to look "modern" like dubai. Otherwise you're going to get monstrosities like that ugly *** mecca clock tower. Or in our case an eiffel tower on each block.

only Gawadar should be made like DUbai or Karachi but Lahore is an historic city it does not need more housing societies. Build new cities away from main cities like lahore and connect them else you will crowd main cities and pollution , crime will increase.

Our cities are hundreds to thousands of yrs old with historical & cultural buildings & areas. Instead of nonsense like looking towards dubai, Pakistan needs to look towards europe & study how they've managed to modernize their cities WITHOUT losing their historical & cultural heritage. You're not gonna fix them by trying to look "modern" like dubai. Otherwise you're going to get monstrosities like that ugly *** mecca clock tower. Or in our case an eiffel tower on each block.
I cringe so hard at Pakistanis when they compare literally every infrastructure project with "next Dubai"...

Some deep-rooted inferiority complex and identity crisis.

People need to be proud of being Pakistani, and not look for validation externally. Even in politics they are looking for a country to call their brother every other week, it's cringe and degrading. Be proud of who you are and focus on your own national interests.

Also, 100% agree with you, you can modernise a city while retaining it's historical sites.

while karachi the biggest city in Pakistan the financial hub of Pakistan needs more dha qabza mafia and its corruption partership with Zardari!

Extreme air pullotion there Lahore should switch to electric cars only petroll cars must be banned and the waste management must improve alot.

Lahore is as dirty as Paris.
Paris is clean as a whistle compared to Lahore

Dubai has set in place a plan for the next 20+ years to FIX the city master plan / planning. Right now no city should follow in the footsteps of Dubai. Boundless amounts of mistakes that should be and could be avoided by Lahore or any other city that wants to progress and clean its act up.

Abu Dhabi is a very well planned city though :) not as fancy or famous as Dubai is but much more pleasing to drive around and walk around in

I cringe so hard at Pakistanis when they compare literally every infrastructure project with "next Dubai"...

Some deep-rooted inferiority complex and identity crisis.

People need to be proud of being Pakistani, and not look for validation externally. Even in politics they are looking for a country to call their brother every other week, it's cringe and degrading. Be proud of who you are and focus on your own national interests.

Also, 100% agree with you, you can modernise a city while retaining it's historical sites.

It's b/c of the jahil mindset that many pakistanis have that if it's flashy it's good & therefore should be mindlessly copied. I've been to dubai & sure buildings are nice i guess but it's not exactly a model that we should be following. I mean its wealth is due to oil, port & money laundering (err i mean real estate & finance ;)). 2 of those is already out of the question for us.

Never been to paris but again the only reason pakistanis continue to make comparisons with it is b/c they think the eiffel tower is nice & flashy. Not b/c of it's cleanliness, the public transport infrastructure or the way they've blended the modern with the historical.

Personally, I wouldn't even solely look at european. Asian countries like singapore, japan, SK & even china can be studied on how to modernize historical cities without losing heritage.

Dubai has set in place a plan for the next 20+ years to FIX the city master plan / planning. Right now no city should follow in the footsteps of Dubai. Boundless amounts of mistakes that should be and could be avoided by Lahore or any other city that wants to progress and clean its act up.

Abu Dhabi is a very well planned city though :) not as fancy or famous as Dubai is but much more pleasing to drive around and walk around in

You are absolutely correct. In my humble opinion, the only thing that is missing in Abu Dhabi is greenery and a metro.

Extreme air pullotion there Lahore should switch to electric cars only petroll cars must be banned and the waste management must improve alot.

Air pollution aside Paris isn't that much cleaner than Lahore.

never been to Paris but lived in NYC, NYC is pretty much a dumpster with skyscrapers

PM Khan talked about space running out in the cities but they still allow peeople to build 1 Kanal houses
and I have seeen even 2 or 3 kanal houses in the cities. They should only allow only 5 or 10 marla houses,
if they want to save space.

In the UK you can't even extend your kitchen without getting planning permission from the council.

But there is no city centre to hang out in unless they go straight to the airport and fly out which they probably do.

Attesting to that. Been in AD just few weeks ago.

You are absolutely correct. In my humble opinion, the only thing that is missing in Abu Dhabi is greenery and a metro.

Air pollution aside Paris isn't that much cleaner than Lahore.
Paris has a rat plague and their metro stations are obsolete and smell like piss but there is no any problem with waste there. And still i believe Paris is cleaner then Lahore.

Back
Top Bottom