What's new

Lahore Metro Train Project | News and Updates

I hate these electric cables and polls .. i wish all over Pakistan they should lay cables under ground first then connect them and than remove outside polls along with cable.. it more safe and looks beautiful.

Last edited:
I hate these electric cables and polls .. i wish all over Pakistan they should lay cables under ground first then connect them and than remove outside polls along with cable.. it more safe and looks beautiful.
That will take trillions now to implement, best case scenario is doing it in sections, probably will take about a decade or more to make cables in main cities go underground.

We need legislation in cities that makes property owners on all small and large roads to paint thier buildings every year n our pavements need upgradation too, slighlty lower and wider, enact these two reforms n our cities will start resembling europeon ones, its always in the little details. The paint legislation alone if implemented in all major cities will create a domestic boom in the paint sector and create hundreds of thousands of jobs. Another thing we can do is save billions yearly by ceasing to paint dividers and pavements sides in that sordid yellow black scheme which becomes ugly after a week, just leave it bare and focus on high quality lane marking n reflectors instead.
That would mean more bikers on pavement than road. A fine of Rupees five-six thousand for parking riding on pavements should than accompany your suggestion.

Construction process underway at Chouburji Chowk Lahore.
Photo by Art by Wasif

26238913_1549957951784857_2623065032744541343_n.jpg

Construction work for Orange Line Metro Train near GPO Chowk continues with highest level of operational activity.

26731601_1548978821882770_3947426248217374552_n.jpg

Aerial Views of Chowk Chauburji Lahore.
Before restart.

26231824_1548183978628921_3869654400999150642_n.jpg

26231032_1548183965295589_3406146617977246407_n.jpg

That would mean more bikers on pavement than road. A fine of Rupees five-six thousand for parking riding on pavements should than accompany your suggestion.
yes, ofcourse. With new developments must come requisite laws to support them.

That will take trillions now to implement, best case scenario is doing it in sections, probably will take about a decade or more to make cables in main cities go underground.
Job Creation, it will be a nice long term initiative

You may have to pay 20 times more costs...

You may have to pay 20 times more costs...

But it can be done.. they can do it step by step i mean they can divide it in phases and then phase by phase complete it.. they should make it a rule for new city or towns to be underground wires.. all the developed countries did it also so why can we ..

But it can be done.. they can do it step by step i mean they can divide it in phases and then phase by phase complete it.. they should make it a rule for new city or towns to be underground wires.. all the developed countries did it also so why can we ..

NOt with the current economy status.... Its too high even US with their public spending doesn't do for the most of their places.
your quote itself says all the "'developed countries did it"' consider it done after 2 decades not now.

Larger bench decision challenged in SC

1610679-lhr_orangelinemetro_online-1516161128-507-640x480.jpg

LAHORE:
A review petition was moved in the Supreme Court Lahore Registry on Tuesday, challenging a large bench’s decision which allowed the construction of the Orange Line Metro Train Project.

The petitioner said the larger bench of the Supreme Court had ignored points mentioned in Lahore High Court’s judgment on the project. All the historical monuments along the route are at stake, he said.

The petitioner said the points mentioned by the Supreme Court larger bench over the protection and safety of historical monuments were insufficient. He submitted that the integrity of the monuments was at stake due to the present conditions allowed by the top court.

In addition to this, he added, the Punjab government was not following the directions of the Supreme Court. Therefore, the great heritage of Lahore, acknowledged by the International community, was at stake, he argued

They do but not at the cost of our history. We have already lost lots of it to laxed legislation and law enforcement.

then stop developing new roads, and preserve your history!
and please also stop buying new Cars and Cells phone, for keep living in History!
and also keep wearing the same clothes for decades for keeping History a live.

Brother history is nothing in front of living beings, if any thing benefits millions then we should support that.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom