What's new

Lahore Metro Train Project | News and Updates

then stop developing new roads, and preserve your history!
and please also stop buying new Cars and Cells phone, for keep living in History!
and also keep wearing the same clothes for decades for keeping History a live.

Brother history is nothing in front of living beings, if any thing benefits millions then we should support that.
Right

then stop developing new roads, and preserve your history!
and please also stop buying new Cars and Cells phone, for keep living in History!
and also keep wearing the same clothes for decades for keeping History a live.

Brother history is nothing in front of living beings, if any thing benefits millions then we should support that.
My point of view is that preservation of history provides for a sense of belonging to the generations ahead. Just as why the French wouldn't take apart the Eiffel tower, the Americans won't do anything detrimental to the Statue of liberty in the name of development or the Indians the Taj Mahal, though I have little confidence in the path India is headed.
There are always methods of achieving development without damaging the history, that includes landmarks.
Find a way around for development not always through.

OLMT to start running from Feb 28

LAHORE: The Lahore Orange Line Metro Train will start running on a trial basis from February 28, 2018, claimed Punjab Chief Minister Advisor Khawaja Ahmad Hassan.

He was speaking at the weekly progress review meeting on Wednesday.

Hassaan directed officials to finalise all arrangements for the trial run of the train through five stations built on GT Road on a 5.5 kilometre-long stretch from Dera Gujjran to Pakistan Mint. He said that the area should be fully carpeted and roads should be marked with lanes. Also, horticulture work in spots reserved as green belts should be carried out and pedestrian walkways along the track should be constructed.

He further directed them to provide electricity connections from a newly-established substation near Engineering University to metro’s depot at Dera Gujjran by the first week of February.

He said that a total of 17 train sets have reached Pakistan from China while the remaining 10 would be imported within the next few weeks.

The meeting was informed that 82.5% of civil work, besides 38% electrical and mechanical work on the Lahore Orange Line Metro Train Project has so far been completed. The progress on package-I from Dera Gujjaran, GT Road to Chouburji was 89.5%, work on package-II from Choburji to Ali Town was 70.3% complete while work on depot near Dera Gujjran was 85% done.

My point of view is that preservation of history provides for a sense of belonging to the generations ahead. Just as why the French wouldn't take apart the Eiffel tower, the Americans won't do anything detrimental to the Statue of liberty in the name of development or the Indians the Taj Mahal, though I have little confidence in the path India is headed.
There are always methods of achieving development without damaging the history, that includes landmarks.
Find a way around for development not always through.

and why u think, that Metro is destroying the History? i dont think even a single rock from history building moved or disturbed??
About Eiffel tower or London Bridge, or Statue of Liberty! these monuments not creating hurdles in daily life, and i am pretty sure if that so, these will also removed.

and why u think, that Metro is destroying the History? i dont think even a single rock from history building moved or disturbed??
About Eiffel tower or London Bridge, or Statue of Liberty! these monuments not creating hurdles in daily life, and i am pretty sure if that so, these will also removed.

True.

Orange line metro train (test run) to start in few days .
5 Km track 5 stations almost ready.
FB_IMG_1516353423584.jpg
FB_IMG_1516353429088.jpg
FB_IMG_1516353432010.jpg

What kind of people are they they don't want to see their country developing

Thank you and YES!!!!! This is what the issue is, the Pashtun party, aka, Mr. Khan and his buddies do not want Pakistan to grow. This is the only place on earth where national progress is damaged only for political purposes. Elsewhere, national progress is never linked with national politics. These people would destroy their country internally and will stop every project, just out of their old school thoughts of not letting a system run. Very sad state of affiars in Pakistan!

Those cities were carried forward by building up the city around the monuments in a manner that the monuments don't become hurdles rather become places of tourist attraction and add to the overall aesthetics of the city, "by law construction is prohibited within 200 feet of historical sites and that's the bone of contention between the petitioners and government." the matter comes to life every now and then.

In Pakistan these places are first neglected, let to deteriorate, Qabza mafia allowed to takeover their lands and if not, it ultimately becomes dumping ground by the citizens for their garbage.

Thank you and YES!!!!! This is what the issue is, the Pashtun party, aka, Mr. Khan and his buddies do not want Pakistan to grow. This is the only place on earth where national progress is damaged only for political purposes. Elsewhere, national progress is never linked with national politics. These people would destroy their country internally and will stop every project, just out of their old school thoughts of not letting a system run. Very sad state of affiars in Pakistan!
No sir, none here whether Pashtun party or Punjabi party wants Pakistan to not progress.
It's just a matter of difference of opinions, and opinions are formed following a long process that includes their experiences.

Those cities were carried forward by building up the city around the monuments in a manner that the monuments don't become hurdles rather become places of tourist attraction and add to the overall aesthetics of the city, "by law construction is prohibited within 200 feet of historical sites and that's the bone of contention between the petitioners and government." the matter comes to life every now and then.

In Pakistan these places are first neglected, let to deteriorate, Qabza mafia allowed to takeover their lands and if not, it ultimately becomes dumping ground by the citizens for their garbage.

No sir, none here whether Pashtun party or Punjabi party wants Pakistan to not progress.
It's just a matter of difference of opinions, and opinions are formed following a long process that includes their experiences.

on that point i am agreed with u!
but my theory is Take care of living beings!

Orange Line Metro Train AnarKali Station Work In Progress

26804924_1584295114981189_5111635873709586259_n.jpg

AnarKali Station

26903741_1584295414981159_4492700158696441584_n.jpg

26805199_1584295471647820_6853471632607995808_n.jpg

Which "opinions" in the world call out for economic damage to a nation, stopping of projects using legal system and accusations (like the train project), and on all other ends, wanting power seat by hook or crook, no matter how much damage is done to your poor nation?

Work Progress On Metro Stations
Ali Town Station

q59wE8e.jpg

Thoker Niaz Baig Station

a6QUvUe.jpg

Canal View Station

SF6gikp.jpg

5dtxXMq.jpg

Hanjarwal Station

d2sZ1L8.jpg

Wahdat Road Station

hwOwr03.jpg

Awan Town Station

dYO8yb7.jpg

QAzAVlW.jpg

Sabzazar Station

RHYWmI3.jpg

Shahnoor Station

5ngUFjX.jpg

Salahudin Road Station

tqngtfF.jpg

Bund Road Station

2xP4sNf.jpg

Samanabad Station

A35yyoj.jpg

Gulshan-E-Ravi Station

IPCTUsE.jpg

Chauburgi Station

kTznmuL.jpg

Anarkali Station

rDvqHGe.jpg

Thoker Niaz Baig

bPls2Zl.jpg

Somewhere near Canal View Station

KCfiPxH.jpg

Chauburgi Chowk

eB3Vp8V.jpg

1oFWeVf.jpg

v24s8wd.jpg

kKCF8Aq.jpg

Not only political parties but this agenda is vigorously followed by our Miltablishment. The big force in our country which don't want a stable and strong govt for their agenda. Pakistan might be only army in world who just can win over own govt but not a singe war.

Back
Top Bottom