What's new

Lahore Metro Train Project | News and Updates

Thats the thing. Infra projects provide profits to the wider economy in an indirect sense. For example an unemployed individual has a much higher change of acquiring a job if he can expand his geographic radius. I have several cousins in Lahore who have gotten jobs in more distant parts of the city due to greater connectivity. One was unemployed for several months before after graduating. Now he is employed and paying taxes. These kind of benefits dont show up on the financials of infra-projects, but no doubt the benefits to the wider economy are huge.
These are true however it is also vital to keep the operations of these services profitable or they will easily fall into decay,

So a tank Manufacturer is building a railway and will operate it too ? Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen
They have some experience in infrastructure development back home. Not necessarily railway related though.

i dont think these project ever built for getting profits, its infra structure Project, and Millions of People will be benefited directly or indirectly.

That's the economics of 80s, in today's world countries are trying to build sustainable projects in a manner that the project not only benefits public but also contributes to the treasury rather than eating into the resources. This can be achieved by advertising inside the stations and buses/ metros and also outsourcing extra space to shops/ eateries either on rent or through lease. It's not necessary to raise the fare.

Even if not earning profits, we should try to make it reach the break even point.

Turning the whole metrobus system on it's own solar power could also be an option that could be looked into, and if feasible will save on power costs, probably the metrobus authority can sell the extra power to national grid.

A few stations at a time will be a good idea. The project may pay off it's costs in a few years.

^Hong Kong’s MTR is the most profitable and efficient Railway in the world, Most of their income comes from property development and management, advertising and fares.
It has been over 17 years since it was partly privatised and since its dividends have been being used by the Government to provide travel subsidies to the citizens that do not take the railway

^Hong Kong’s MTR is the most profitable and efficient Railway in the world, Most of their income comes from property development and management, advertising and fares.
It has been over 17 years since it was partly privatised and since its dividends have been being used by the Government to provide travel subsidies to the citizens that do not take the railway
Exactly my point of view.

If you want a subsidized railway system, then you should go with the tfl approach and have it state owned, so that no foreign operator is able to take advantage of you and take the TAXPAYER’s money out of YOUR COUNTRY

Choburgi & GPO Chowk

K92bGid.jpg

Fs2sfVa.jpg

UF05ULq.jpg

SsMIa8c.jpg

Xdfg4vf.jpg

CqawtQk.jpg

Thats the thing. Infra projects provide profits to the wider economy in an indirect sense. For example an unemployed individual has a much higher change of acquiring a job if he can expand his geographic radius. I have several cousins in Lahore who have gotten jobs in more distant parts of the city due to greater connectivity. One was unemployed for several months before after graduating. Now he is employed and paying taxes. These kind of benefits dont show up on the financials of infra-projects, but no doubt the benefits to the wider economy are huge.

and u think our so called Politicians will educate their voters like that?

These are true however it is also vital to keep the operations of these services profitable or they will easily fall into decay,

Governments never works for earning Profit. and i think in Modern Era Government should not do any Business! just provide reasonable infra structure for doing business.

They have some experience in infrastructure development back home. Not necessarily railway related though.

That's the economics of 80s, in today's world countries are trying to build sustainable projects in a manner that the project not only benefits public but also contributes to the treasury rather than eating into the resources. This can be achieved by advertising inside the stations and buses/ metros and also outsourcing extra space to shops/ eateries either on rent or through lease. It's not necessary to raise the fare.

Even if not earning profits, we should try to make it reach the break even point.

Turning the whole metrobus system on it's own solar power could also be an option that could be looked into, and if feasible will save on power costs, probably the metrobus authority can sell the extra power to national grid.

A few stations at a time will be a good idea. The project may pay off it's costs in a few years.

Any Example??

Public transport should be profitable

and u think our so called Politicians will educate their voters like that?

Governments never works for earning Profit. and i think in Modern Era Government should not do any Business! just provide reasonable infra structure for doing business.

Any Example??

You will find a lot on "advertising on public transport" on the internet.
However even suppose there is none, than quote my words, inovation and ideas die when you keep looking for examples.

You will find a lot on "advertising on public transport" on the internet.
However even suppose there is none, than quote my words, inovation and ideas die when you keep looking for examples.

i hope u also know that our Mind consist of two Faculties! Left Side is Innovative faculty and right Side is Creative Faculty! and Right side always saw existing and create new Ideas!

i hope u also know that our Mind consist of two Faculties! Left Side is Innovative faculty and right Side is Creative Faculty! and Right side always saw existing and create new Ideas!
Dive deep into what I said, superficial understanding ain't gonna help. Salam.

Metro Stations Construction Work On GT Road

Construction of Dome & Minaret at Anarkali Station Orange Line

We need legislation in cities that makes property owners on all small and large roads to paint thier buildings every year n our pavements need upgradation too, slighlty lower and wider, enact these two reforms n our cities will start resembling europeon ones, its always in the little details. The paint legislation alone if implemented in all major cities will create a domestic boom in the paint sector and create hundreds of thousands of jobs. Another thing we can do is save billions yearly by ceasing to paint dividers and pavements sides in that sordid yellow black scheme which becomes ugly after a week, just leave it bare and focus on high quality lane marking n reflectors instead.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom