What's new

Lahore High Court allows Shehbaz Sharif to travel abroad

1620416880522.png

Forgive my ignorance, but can't the President being the executive in all play 'tennis' with these judicial mafia i.e. reject the decision by asking the court to guarantee his return, else face repercussion or flat out reject it.. if I recall correctly after Nawaz escaped the Chief justice pinned the blame on the Gov, Saying they [GOP] let him go by taking his name off the blacklist, surely these pr1cks cant have their cake and eat it too..

@Norwegian
Don't know about president ..but Government can go SC against decision and get stay..but government choose not to do so until now....same as previously ..
The Lahore High Court is the penultimate representation of the banana republic set up.
But we have SC..don't know why government is not challenging the decision ..instead of just making tweets

Don't know about president ..but Government can go SC against decision and get stay..but government choose not to do so until now....same as previously

lol the same supreme court wh0re house that let 'Justice' faez go scott free... sure

If both Sharifs are out of country their hold on pmln will loosen. Maryam next will be begging courts for treatment abroad.

Soo, if shabaz stays abroad then good.

Pakistan allows indicted opposition leader to travel abroad

AP
May 07, 2021

• The country’s information minister described the ruling as a ‘joke,’ saying it could help Shahbaz Sharif escape the law like his brother did
  • Shahbaz Sharif was released on bail last month on a court order, about seven months after he was arrested by an anti-graft body

LAHORE: A top Pakistani court on Friday granted permission to the country’s ailing opposition leader, who has been charged with corruption, to travel abroad for medical treatment.

The Lahore High Court ruled that Shahbaz Sharif may travel abroad from May 8 to July 3. Sharif had petitioned the court, saying he is a cancer survivor who now needs treatment outside of Pakistan.

The development drew criticism from Prime Minister Imran Khan’s government, which said it will explore legal options to stop Sharif from leaving.

Sharif faces corruption charges in three separate court cases. He heads the opposition bloc in parliament and leads his brother’s Pakistan Muslim League party after Nawaz Sharif, a three-time prime minister was disqualified from office.

The ex-premier and elder Sharif, convicted of corruption, lives in exile in London. He was released from prison in 2019 on bail to seek medical treatment abroad but never returned home. Islamabad last December started the process to reach an extradition treaty with Britain that would pave the way for the UK to hand over Nawaz Sharif.

Shahbaz Sharif was released on bail last month on a court order, about seven months after he was arrested by an anti-graft body over alleged involvement in money laundering.

Angered over Friday’s order, Pakistan’s Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry described the ruling as a “joke” that he said could help the younger Sharif escape the law like his brother did.

There was no immediate comment from Khan, who on Friday left on a three-day visit to Saudi Arabia to boost economic ties with the kingdom.

One of my relatives a colonel retired told me that nawaz sharif was let go by the isi chief. I wonder why. I mean why. I see no reason for them letting this mafia escape

One of my relatives a colonel retired told me that nawaz sharif was let go by the isi chief. I wonder why. I mean why. I see no reason for them letting this mafia escape
COAS has already denied any such conspiracy theory

that is true , also heard from a friend relative retired from the army still has contacts in army and gets protocol from the airport. He also mentioned kashmir deal is done too when IK and Bajwa visited US.

Question - WHY CAN'T THE GOVERNMENT NOT APPEAL THIS IN THE SUPREME COURT?

Lol...it's quite clear ..there is no intent from government to appeal ..and it's quite strange

So here is what the real story seems to be. Apparently the powerful OECD (organisation for economic development and cooperation) provided Pakistan government with the financial details of 50,000 Pakistani individuals who have financial interests and bank accounts in the OECD countries. OECD consists of 40 countries. Apparently Shahbaz Sharif and Tareen were on the top of the list along with a few other Pakistanis with plenty of money. The amount deposited in OECD countries through money laundering is US$7.5 Billion ! Although the Government now has proof BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS THAT THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE MOST LAUNDERED MONEY IN OECD COUNTRIES INCLUDE TOP PAKISTAN MILITARY GENERALS AS WELL !!!!! Yes is it true ! And that is why people like Shahbaz are being released because there is a lot of pressure from the Military !

I have told you guys plenty of times - the biggest corruption culprits also involve the Military Generals. Now, do you fellows seriously think that these people can fight for Pakistan???

Back
Top Bottom