What's new

Kurds protest wall being built by Turkey - clash with police

A Wall of Fear

Turkey is scared of the rising power of the Kurds , whose BIG army cant even defeat 5000 PKK members, who are 60 % women with WW2 weapons

Just like you cant defeat Xinjiang residents, right? Terrorism cant be defeated by brute force...There are many examples in front of you but i dont expect you to understand such issues

I dont say anything, just stating facts..Smuggling tobacco, textile products, gasoline and drug traffic is widespread in the region since 90s

Because successive Turkish governments have kept a blind eye to such activities in the impoverished southeast to a certain degree as the state was unable to create jobs for locals mainly due to terrorism threat. But the intensity and the number of people involved in the illegal business have shot up dramatically in a couple of years along the Syrian border because of lax security and power vacuum in Syria.

I told you many times..I dont know why you keep ignoring..This wall has nothing to do with refugees..The smuggling activity is a lucrative business for powerful tribes now..

Read this News Analysis: Smugglers benefit from Syrian crisis, pose threat to Turkey - Xinhua | English.news.cn

So now you tell me, according to you Turkey wants to divide Kurds..So how will a wall on the border divide you?

Listen, what you are saying makes no sense.

Turkey has had 25 years to build that wall. Instead it builds it when Kurds are gaining power on both sides of the border. Any sane person is able to see what Turkey is doing here.

If it really wants to prevent illegal activities, it should build a wall where terrorists flow in and out of the country and where the most illegal activities are recorded, ie Kilis, Hatay and Gaziantep. This is very simple logic. There is close to no illegal activity between Nisebin-Qamishlo.

It is the same arguement over and over again. Just like when they wanted to build a military outpost in Lice in order to fight ''drug trafficking'' while everyone knows that the major drug trafficking in Turkey is via Bosphorus.

A wall on the border will divide Kurds further in many ways. I already told you that the majority of people living there are divided by the border and the trenches but in fact they are family and tribe members. They are not distant people. They can visit each other and they can give each other gifts. But with a wall, they will not even be able to see each other. And the mere fact that they are building it to seperate Kurds further is just pure provocation. If you really care about your country, stop the flow of jihadists going in and out instead of creating stupid walls. This is not Germany during the cold war or Gaza.

kurds are against everybody: iranians, iraqis, turks, syrians

Just like you cant defeat Xinjiang residents, right? Terrorism cant be defeated by brute force...There are many examples in front of you but i dont expect you to understand such issues
buddy manlion is belonged to the same breed of separatist monkeys who cause troubles in Sri Lanka. It brings him to a state of euphoria to see that his kind is making trouble everywhere hence the support for Kurdish separatists. Good luck on cracking down terrorists.

He's not Chinese, He's Tamil.

Kurds are mostly Sunni Muslims. But they are fighting Al Qaeda groups like Al Nusra and ISIS in West Kurdistan and Syria.
mostly sunni:):).they are all going to be comminist soon.especially new generation.. kurds are losting their future .i feel bad.

buddy manlion is belonged to the same breed of separatist monkeys who cause troubles in Sri Lanka. It brings him to a state of euphoria to see that his kind is making trouble everywhere hence the support for Kurdish separatists. Good luck on cracking down terrorists.

He's not Chinese, He's Tamil.

Sa
mostly sunni:):).they are all going to be comminist soon.especially new generation.. kurds are losting their future .i feel bad.

Do not worry. We Kurds are proud of our Muslim ancestry. We still commemorate our old time leaders. Saladin, Said Nursi Kurdi, Sheikh Said. If I am not wrong, the Islam presented by Said Kurdi is still the single largest type of Islam followed in Turkey and Kurdistan. Sooo... The communist card does not work here my friend. Move on.

The wall doesnt divide kurds, there is no visa between Turkey and Syria, everyone is free to visit other side.

Kurds only protest because they cant smuggle gasoline and tobacco if the wall is built.
About 60-80% of kurdish regions dont pay taxes, electricity and water they use, the difference is paid by western Turkish regions as ''illegal use tax''.

How fair is that Bahoz, Turks pay your water and electricity, are you proud of your people?

Yes, Turkey is worried about a small amount of Kurds doing business down there but Turkey is not worried about the thousands of jihadists crossing in and out of the country in front of the eyes of their security forces. Listen, who are you kidding again?

Well, why should they pay to a state that oppresses them first and foremost? Second of all, those regions are generally more poor and under developped than the western parts. How fair is that? Even now when there is a peace process, the state uses millions of dollars building military bases and buying new military equipment rather than using those money on developping the Kurdish cities.

You use the oil money collected from oil fields in Diyarbakir and Batman on military equipment to fight other Kurds. Why don't you use it on improving the cities instead?

Yes, Turkey is worried about a small amount of Kurds doing business down there but 1. Turkey is not worried about the thousands of jihadists crossing in and out of the country in front of the eyes of their security forces. Listen, who are you kidding again?

2. Well, why should they pay to a state that oppresses them first and foremost? Second of all, those regions are generally 3. more poor and under developped than the western parts. How fair is that? Even now when there is a peace process, the state uses millions of dollars building military bases and buying new military equipment rather than using those money on developping the Kurdish cities.

4. You use the oil money collected from oil fields in Diyarbakir and Batman on military equipment to fight other Kurds. Why don't you use it on improving the cities instead?

1. http://rt.com/news/turkey-syria-chemicals-seized-207/

2. Oppressing was long time ago, nobody get oppressed today stop lying.

3. Say thx to PKK they made any investition impossible, would you invest in a region where PKK kills teachers, doctors and factory employees?

4. How do you know where this money goes are you a insider? Also the oil money from there is nothing compared to industrial productions in western provinces.

Last edited:
Even Kurds themselves don't invest in southeastern region and yet somehow they expect Turks to invest.
Mate if they would give the same subsidizes for the southeastern region, to the rest of Turkey. İ would have become a factory owner all ready. Even with this people still don't invest in southeastern area's.

Turkish economic locomotive is located in the Marmara region (some exceptions like izmir and mersin), thus it will also get the most of the state investments. This is the way things go around the world.

İf you won't ask anything else from the government you can have the oil wells :), believe me the local population would starve.

Don't count to much on the free electricity though. Electricity companies are getting privatized day by day. They won't give a rat's *** about your reasons for stealing electricity, they will bring down justice.

And the cry for "devlet bize bakmiiii" won't work for this case anymore.

P.S : İ also come from the poorer regions of Turkey (east black sea region), but we never tried to justify theft.

Lol. The apoligists at it again.

Anyways, you guys are going off topic. Turkey is building Berlin and Gaza wall. What do you have to say? Build a war to keep out Jihadists.... Not Kurds.

Nobody gets oppressed? They only recently lifted a ban against letters for Christ sake... Come on.

And before you come around with racist or Kurd hater.

I have songs from Ahmet Kaya, Edip Akbayram, Ibrahim Tatlises, Mahsun Kirmizigül, Zara and many others, i fact i have more songs from Kurdish artists than Turkish on my IPod.

I have many Kurdish friends, my aunt is Kurdish and all kurds i know think that PKK is more destructive then useful for Kurds. 
Lol. The apoligists at it again.

Anyways, you guys are going off topic. Turkey is building Berlin and Gaza wall. What do you have to say? Build a war to keep out Jihadists.... Not Kurds.

Nobody gets oppressed? They only recently lifted a ban against letters for Christ sake... Come on.
Which ban is still existing? You can speak whatever you want.
Tell me one ban specificaly against Kurds!

Back
Top Bottom