What's new

Kudankulam Nuclear plant safe: Kalam

fisher folks from Kerala (near thiruvanathapuram) are coming and staying in fast as their livelihood will be destroyed for your kind info.

Misinformed people .. they are also protesting against Undersea pipe line for LNG to a thermal plant.

there are two caste people protesting against this nuclear plant.
1. Fishing people community
2. Farmers and traders community

This plant has took almost 20 years to get built. All this while when fishing people protested (which didn come in media) the traders stayed away as business was good due to the workers building the plant bought their provision from these people but now after completion they have asked those villagers to vacate the village(Kudankulam-its not a village but a bustling town) for safety purpose.

The vested interested gounder is taking about is the accusation RSS is putting on these villagers (Fishing folks are Christians, Traders are Hindus) that foreign vested power are influencing the protest (supported by state and central govt to influence people's perception against these protesters).

you still haven't answered my question. Do you honestly believe a mega thermal power plant (we would actually require atleast 3 Mega or 7 regular thermal power plants to generate the equivalent MW of electricity which would again relocate villages, divert rivers and also destroy marine life due to hot water outflow and ash settling into the sea) would be the solution to this?
Or do you want no power plants built at all. Make no mistake about it, the Nuclear Power plant has the least impact on the livelihood as compared to any other alternative.

I suppose a mega thermal power plant or acres of land acquired for wind power (both of which would have vllages migrate) would help!

DUDE GO AND SEE THE N NUMBER OF VILLAGES THERE. YOU WILL BE PERPLEXED TO SEE THE NUMBER OF WIND MILLS THERE MORE THAN MANY LAKHS. CULTIVABLE LANDS HAVE BEEN SOLD FOR THESE MILLS (SUZLON,TATA ETC.)

AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE HAS BEEN DRASTICALLY REDUCED.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Misinformed people .. they are also protesting against Undersea pipe line for LNG to a thermal plant.

FIRST THEY CAN'T FISH THERE DUE TO SECURITY REASON AND ALSO THE WATER USED TO COOL THE PLANT WILL BE LET IN SEA.
TELL ME WHAT WOULD THEY DO FOR THEIR LIVELIHOOD?????
THESE ARE FISHERMEN INCLUDING YOURS FOR MANY CENTURIES.

I suppose a mega thermal power plant or acres of land acquired for wind power (both of which would have vllages migrate) would help!

DUDE GO AND SEE THE N NUMBER OF VILLAGES THERE. YOU WILL BE PERPLEXED TO SEE THE NUMBER OF WIND MILLS THERE MORE THAN MANY LAKHS. CULTIVABLE LANDS HAVE BEEN SOLD FOR THESE MILLS (SUZLON,TATA ETC.)

That is exactly what i Said!!! Nuclear power plant has the least impact as compared to a wind power plant or a thermal power plant on livelihood.
Only developed countries can afford to dabble in wind energy as the technology stands today!

you still haven't answered my question. Do you honestly believe a mega thermal power plant (we would actually require atleast 3 Mega or 7 regular thermal power plants to generate the equivalent MW of electricity which would again relocate villages, divert rivers and also destroy marine life due to hot water outflow and ash settling into the sea) would be the solution to this?
Or do you want no power plants built at all. Make no mistake about it, the Nuclear Power plant has the least impact on the livelihood as compared to any other alternative.

Please read my reply to spark in post 18 and comment.

fisher folks from Kerala (near thiruvanathapuram) are coming and staying in fast as their livelihood will be destroyed for your kind info.

Errr...........Again the Game Spoilers are these Malayalis.............

I dont think that area has good cultivatable lands as other places. ive been there many a times.

Water is a major issue and the winds wont allow any plantation to be set.

The dry arid lands starts from valliyoor and the best you can do is northeast fed seasonal crops .

The better places for cultivation is nearer to the ghats and as you move away from it its still dried lands , even in places where wind mills arent there.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

FIRST THEY CAN'T FISH THERE DUE TO SECURITY REASON AND ALSO THE WATER USED TO COOL THE PLANT WILL BE LET IN SEA.

Would be the same in case of a thermal power plant!!!! Actually even worse given the larger area they would cover.

I dont think that area has good cultivatable lands as other places. ive been there many a times.

Water is a major issue and the winds wont allow any plantation to be set.

The dry arid lands starts from valliyoor and the best you can do is northeast fed seasonal crops .

The better places for cultivation is nearer to the ghats and as you move away from it its still dried lands , even in places where wind mills arent there.

my native is valliyoor and i own 5 and half acres of land there. We grow banana, chilly, ground nut, coconut and palm trees there (not only us but everyone).

The main fishing communities are nt from there. The main fishing communities are from Tutur in that area , which is in kanyakumari district.

India has a vast coast line . In order to get developed sometimes , sometimes "some" villages has to be relocated.

The ocean is vast and they need not fish always near the plant. They can choose a very vast coast line.

Would be the same in case of a thermal power plant!!!! Actually even worse given the larger area they would cover.

who cares about the area.
The villagers are protesting because many villagers are asked to vacate and also no more fishing there which by the way is the livelihood of majority of the people there.
so please stop debating with little or no info on ground reality.

my native is valliyoor and i own 5 and half acres of land there. We grow banana, chilly, ground nut, coconut and palm trees there (not only us but everyone).

Yup even lots of people i know bought lands there. Its good only upto Valliyoor. After that the arid areas with dry and windy lands begin.

Valliyoor, thovalai, arulvaimoli etc etc are the last of these lands u have mentioned.

A PHWR water let into sea? I thought they used Heavy water that is recirculated inside the plant. Do you even know about the difference between a water cooled and water moderated plant and a light water reactor?

Glad to hear that. If there was a thermal power plant commissioned nearby those same cultivations would be covered with soot. If there were a river nearby that was dammed for a thermal plant bye bye 5 acres, same with the case with the wind mills.
Not the case with the Nuclear power plant.
I know this for a fact as my ancestral village in Mangalore which is about 30 kms away from the Nagarjuna thermal plant being setup will dissapear under water shortly. The same would not have happened had a nuclear power plant being commisioned.
Not to mention my practical experience of walking around Mundra.
And fishermen in Mumbai still go fishing despite the BARC power plant there. They had to change their fishing location, big deal!

Back
Top Bottom