What's new

KSE ranks third in world, 1st in Asia among top markets in 2014

NS is business friendly PM. I am not surprised. But not sure how much of the bull run is sustainable. Can somebody give a comparison for similar stock with BSE for example.

Do not look at the return alone.
Risk is what matters.
Compare the actual return with the expected or required return. The required return reflects the risk in the market.
One could have as high a return as one could but if it is less than the required return then You loose. Period.

I said this before

Pakistan will have around 2 decades of very high single digit or even double digit growth

our nation will transform

from a defence point of view watch the big ticket items roll in then and watch the defence programmes which are in cold development now suddenly get the funding to become a reality

If Pakistan becomes a violence free for couple of years, then China and West will invest good amount in Pakistan...You have lot of geographical advantage which can be transformed based on your stability in your nation....Good luck to you and Pakistan...I wish Pakistan is also a growth story of Asia like other developing nation.

Tax reform doesn't necessarily translate in to higher taxes for a "weak system". In our case it simply means collecting the taxes Government has already imposed, not increasing them.

Tax reform doesn't necessarily translate in to higher taxes for a "weak system". In our case it simply means collecting the taxes Government has already imposed, not increasing them.

Tax rates are extremely high. Collecting them would kill businesses.

Lower rates first, then start collecting.

If Pakistan becomes a violence free for couple of years, then China and West will invest good amount in Pakistan....

Correct.
As I have been saying, political stability is a must for Pakistan. Of course violence must be gone but violence will not go away until the govt has the breathing space given by political stability.

A lot of members here naively portray all problems facing Pakistan to 'corruption'. I don't think they are right. I don't think Pakistan is a particularly corrupt country in the world nor do I think Pakistan's politicians are particularly corrupt when compared with their counterparts in other 3rd world countries. Give this govt its time till 2018 and judge it based upon its performance then. And I can already tell this govt is doing far better on the economy than the previous PPP govt did; that to me is not keeping 'status quo', contrary to the loud voices of the followers of a certain political party here...

Correct.
As I have been saying, political stability is a must for Pakistan. Of course violence must be gone but violence will not go away until the govt has the breathing space given by political stability.

A lot of members here naively portray all problems facing Pakistan to 'corruption'. I don't think they are right. I don't think Pakistan is a particularly corrupt country in the world nor do I think Pakistan's politicians are particularly corrupt when compared with their counterparts in other 3rd world countries. Give this govt its time till 2018 and judge it based upon its performance then. And I can already tell this govt is doing far better on the economy than the previous PPP govt did; that to me is not keeping 'status quo', contrary to the loud voices of the followers of a certain political party here...

You are rigt...Honestly, you can not stop corruption altohether..This is a myth..But apart from political stability, your nation has to build a new image rather than keep harping on just staning for Muslim ummah, palestine, Afganistan...I mean my point is your soft power image has to improve..That is all i can say...Being an Indian who sees my nation develop economically, i see it is really important for Pakistan to become a stable, peaceful and violence free nation ...

You are rigt...Honestly, you can not stop corruption altohether....

"Politicians" the world over are seen to be correct and inapt. Even today there is a discussion thread going on NY Times about whether the 'American Dream' is out of reach or not--in the richest country on the planet!

Pakistanis need to be 'realistic' about their political system and the political climate; things never stay the same--not even in Pakistan. And in my opinion the elections of 2013 promised (still promise) a new political culture--a culture where power is transferred from civilians to civilians in a peaceful manner. That alone puts Pakistan better than many Muslim and 3rd world countries.

Can we not see that the current govt is performing much better than the previous PPP govt?! As that not a sign of 'progress' in every sense of the word? So where is the fabled 'status quo'? Can we not see that violent overthrow of govts is the root cause of the problems facing many countries of the world?

So first, you "praise" the government (which is PMLN essentially) and then you bring out the worse by putting PMLN under the gun by showing complicity and not doing Tax reforms. By now, I've figured out how you guys work.

Have you noticed, the Pakistanis are never happy? Unless its their own guy in power, destroying the country into pieces and that's OK. But others actually WORKING will JUST be criticized for no good reason.

The 70 years of backwards movement for an entire country (Pakistan), wasn't caused by the PMLN. Nor should you expect them to have magic by which they'll fix everything immediately. It'll be worse if the people had picked anyone else in the last elections.

The current focus is to grow the economy. This is outside of dealing with terrorism, dealing with political instability and violence (IK's "movement to get power"), dealing with such a bad economy, losses, internal corruption, external bad reputation as a country, etc, etc. So as you can see, these guys are dealing with a tremendous amounts of issues. But yet, they are STILL moving forward with progress. So let the progress continue and the economy go beyond where it's been stuck for years, let jobs be created, industry start to run again and all. The Tax reforms will come too. No country can survive without Tax reforms.
The entire Pakistani system is broken for 70 years. Expecting just ONE good term / government for 5 years to fix all evil is unrealistic and silly. Specially, the political foes aren't letting them work. Instead there is leg pulling that happens with everything.

Last but not least. The investments don't "just as easily" disappear. You should read International Business and the Law to understand how it works. Its much easier to be an internet warrior and accuse others. Its much different to show others through your post that you have a command on the complex issue you are addressing!

Please re-explain the bold and I'll answer it once your question is clear to me. I am not sure if I understand what the 31000 level or 3rd in world actually mean...

Starting the end of 2016 is when majority of the electric production projects which were started by the current government, come online. Its also when a few main projects around the Chinese route come online. So people will start to see a huge reduction in your import bill, which will strengthen the budget and will reduce the fiscal gap, in turn helping the savings account. A few million new jobs, from a basic construction worker to engineers, doctors and all will be created along the trade route. New real estate projects will begin to build housing around the trade route.

Next, starting January, some trade with the Chinese will start by road through Gawader. Plus some with the Central Russian / Russia itself. That should bring more stability and then shortly after the start, more projects will start, more infrastructure will be built and more investments will follow.

I see you have lots of praise for the PMLN thieves.
Same people who are working on importing LNG from Qatar, and selling Gold reserves to a Canadian firm with huge kick backs...... guess you never watch Dr. Shahid Masood, do you?

Pakistan can never improve until thugs and corrupt people stay in power. And the seeds of change have already been sown, and this year is the year of change when this government will go down and the new Pakistan will emerge.

Back
Top Bottom