What's new

KSA : Kingdom Tower (Mile-High Tower)

It will be done. Just a question of time. No worries brother. Ubhor's potential is huge.

Once all those countless megaprojects (numerous industrial cities, financial districts, railways, metros, airports, expansion projects in Makkah and Madinah etc.) in KSA are finished it will be much easier to built similar projects elsewhere in the country and in the future as a whole.

kz8le3ouu8lu.jpg

Check the progress out;

syz721va7q1i.jpg

Since Prince al-Waleed is financing most of this project himself and money is no problem for him (to put it mildly) then he might as well built similar skyscrapers all over KSA or just along the beautiful and tropical Red Sea coastline.:lol::D

I have a feeling that UAE or Qatar will try to beat this record as soon as the Kingdom Tower is finished.
trust me as soon as they know the official height they will announce another project just wait lol

A very informative thread with pictures to make everything crystal clear. I wish our Saudi brothers in Islam best of luck in their ambitious projects. After all it is their land, their money,their vision and their future. Since this is a defence forum, I have a defence related question. What if a 911 type attack happens here ? Have the Saudis taken that into consideration. Do they have the military might to protect their assets from such disasters. America the most powerful country in the world today could not defend itself against 911. What about Saudis ?
LOL the tower is right in front of the airport.. i dont think they'll have time to react

Thank you for the nice words brother.

First of all I have to say that the likelihood of another 9/11 attack on a skyscraper anywhere in the world is very small IMO.

Preventing such an attack from happening is all down to proper intelligence work.

Lastly the impact of the planes was not enough to cause the towers' collapse during 9/11 as far as a I recall. The combination of the impacts and the fires in their aftermath were what proved to be fatal. The planes not only knocked out parts of the buildings' structural frames, they also severed and disabled the sprinkler systems' supply pipes which weakened the remaining structure and ultimately caused the buildings to collapse.

I think that the Kingdom Tower will have steel connections capable of preventing such a collapse. Sprinkler supply lines will probably be located within an impact-resistent core. There would probably be two sprinkler supply lines as well.

I don't really know the details but I am sure that they have thought about this scenario which could also happen due to a fire or even earthquake (not very likely in that area of Hijaz). So not necessary a terror attack.

You can actually contact the architect and developers. If they got the time they will probably answer you questions.

Kingdom Tower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

P.S.: The title of this thread is wrong btw. Originally the plan was to construct a 1 mile tall tower but the idea was dropped. I have repeatedly asked the moderators to correct it but without luck. It's "only" going to be over 1000 meters tall. 1 mile is around 1600 meters. That would be insane.
brother im very disapointed that you as an engineer and you think the buildings collapsed cuz of the reasons you mentioned. 9/11 is an inside job
lets say what you said is right. then how did building 7 which was a 47 story skyscraper collapsed ?!

A lot of people think that 9/11 was an inside job. But nobody has any proof. I guess one day the truth will come out. Until then all we have is conspiracy theories.
no lazy uneducated ppl dont have proof. thousands of scientists, engineers, architects, pilots and demolition experts from around the world have proof. including the architects that designed the world trade center. and a lot of them are americans some of them are professors in MIT. and millions of ppl like me who have common sense and basic knowledge of physics from high school know that it was an inside job.
just to prove that you are lazy to use your brains, with all due respect, you still didnt answer how the 3rd tower, which is made of steel and concrete and is 47 floors, fell down in less than 7 seconds. and how did the BBC reporter announced the collapse of building 7 live on tv while the building was still standing behind her.
i will start a thread about 9/11.
and i am very sensitive regarding this matter cuz millions of muslims have been killed by a false flag operation that blamed islam in general and specially saudis. your ppl are still being killed by drones so you should be more active on this subject and stop being lazy

il say what bush the terrorist said

you are either with us or against us.
so inshallah il share the evidence in a thread. to spread awareness

That will be heck of achievement if they actually reach that height? Who are the builders?

:azn:

Quote :

Bin Laden Group to build world's tallest tower

Jim Kavanagh
August 2nd, 2011
10:46 AM ET

Saudi Arabia's Kingdom Holding has hired Saudi Bin Laden Group to build the world's tallest skyscraper in Jeddah, Gulfnews.com reports.

Jeddah Tower will be 1,000 meters (3,281 feet) tall and will contain a Four Seasons luxury hotel, apartments, condominiums and offices that overlook the Red Sea, Financial Times reported.

Kingdom Holding is paying Bin Laden Group, one of the world's largest construction companies, about $1.2 billion to take on the five-year project, according to Financial Times.

Saudi Bin Laden Group was founded in 1931 by Muhammad Awad bin Laden, the billionaire father of terrorist Osama bin Laden. It built much of Saudi Arabia's highways and infrastructure, as well as entire districts and cities.

The company constructed additions to the Muslim nation's two holiest mosques in Mecca and Medina. It operates throughout the Middle East and was chosen in 1964 to reclad the golden Dome of the Rock mosque in Jerusalem.

Over the years, Saudi Bin Laden Group has expanded into a conglomerate that includes engineering, manufacturing and telecommunications, according to business analysis site Hoovers.com.

Osama bin Laden, the 17th of 52 children, inherited part of his father's fortune, but his radical activities led the family to disown him in 1994.

Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, a nephew of Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah, announced the tower building contract Tuesday. He owns 95% of Kingdom Holding, according to Financial Times.

When completed, Jeddah Tower will easily surpass Dubai's 828-meter (2,717-foot) Burj Khalifa as the world's tallest building.

The Chicago firm Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture designed the project and will oversee its development, Gulfnews.com reported. Adrian Smith was one of Burj Khalifa's designers when he was with Skidmore Owings and Merrill.

CNN

KSA : Kingdom Tower (Mile-High Tower) | Page 8

KSA : Kingdom Tower (Mile-High Tower) | Page 8

:bunny:

Kingdom City (Jeddah)

Quote 2 :

Crown of the Kingdom

by Ben Roberts on Aug 13, 2011

The announcement from Kingdom Holding of the next world’s highest tower came as a thunderbolt of business news to a Gulf region about to enter the quieter summer period.

As one of the few mega projects in Saudi Arabia not directed by the high-spending government, it could only have come from HRH Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, chairman of the group and the Arab world’s most dynamic private investor. Money, indeed, never sleeps, and there is always a sense that the prince is only just beginning.

The surface financials say much about the scale of the project: SAR 4.6 billion to build the tower that will outreach Dubai’s Burj Khalifa by more than 200 metres, sitting within a new 530-hectare urban development to the north of Jeddah – Kingdom City – which will require a total of SAR 75 billion.

Funding Kingdom City is a new joint venture, Jeddah Economic Company, led by Kingdom Holding and Abrar International Holding Company, which will both hold a 33.35% stake, Saudi Binladen Group, which two weeks ago was awarded the main construction contract, will hold a 16.67% stake, as will Saudi businessman Abdulrahman Hassan Sharbatly. Samaual Bakhsh, director of the Traco group of companies in Egypt and a former director of Egyptian Gulf Bank, is also closely involved.

SAR 1.5 billion of equity capital from the partners will be invested, along with cash loans from banks, which will be repaid from the revenues that will be generated from the tower, according to Kingdom Holding.

JEC’s capital also includes SAR 8.8 billion in land value and assets worth 7.3 billion.

The tower will contain a Four Seasons Hotel as well as serviced apartments from the hospitality chain, office space, ‘luxurious condominiums’ and what will be the world’s highest observatory deck.

Perhaps the most surprising element to the tower and Kingdom City is its location, far north of the main city away from other hotels and offices. Essentially, Kingdom City will need to create an entire new centre of commerce to fill the tower and related buildings with residents.

The first two phases of construction are the building of the tower – over 50 hectares – and the construction of the infrastructure for the entire development. The third phase, according to Kingdom Holding, is yet to be finalised; one of many tantalising bits of mystery around the project.

The prince last week acknowledged that the project was a “big risk”, and the context of the commercial and hospitality sectors in the Jeddah region certainly supports this admittance.

CB Richard Ellis, the property firm, wrote in a recent report that the city traditionally had a “sustainable” approach, where office space mixed with retail outlets across the urban sprawl in the absence of a true commercial centre.

“The commercial sector is very practical and price-sensitive, often offices share buildings with shopping malls to be able to share certain facilities, such as car parks,” Mike Williams, senior director for Middle East research and consultancy at the firm, told CW last week.

“It is split over about five areas as there is no centre for commerce in Jeddah.”

He explained that any new commercial development was largely moving north up to the Corniche and beyond the Creek and the Al Kira region. The planned space for the tower and Kingdom City is essentially a few steps ahead of this progress.

But the present remoteness of the site, and the difficulties witnessed in other regional city projects, leave a number of questions as to the project’s viability.

“I don’t know if there have been feasibility studies for the project, I would be interested to see what they are, as there are a number of city developments that have struggled to attract sufficient interest,” Williams added. “If you head further north of [what will be] Kingdom City there is King Abdullah Economic City, which has failed to generate a lot of demand.

“Also, the hotel sector in Jeddah is dominated by businessmen. The location of the tower wouldn’t suit this, as at the moment there is no business there; they would rather be in the city centre. The project requires the demand for commercial business that at the moment I don’t think is there.”

But he added that the success of the Kingdom Centre in Riyadh showed that the prince has faced this challenge before. In this instance, a ground-breaking tower project was launched in urban areas of the capital that were surrounded by few commercial developments; over the years it has been the presence of this iconic building that helped generate development around it, in the business district of Olaya.

Other property commentators are more confident. John Harris, country head of Saudi Arabia at Jones Lang LaSalle, pointed out that the project is unique in the city as it will be one of the few spaces dedicated to commercial development.

“The location has its advantage as there are few big tracts of land being developed in Jeddah. Kingdom Tower and the City has gone considerably further north, and will be near the airport,” he said last week.

“The project might seem situated on the outside at the moment but Jeddah is growing up into that part of the world.”

ConstructionWeekOnline

Hahahahah ...

Bin Laden is erecting the biggest tower !

o_O

Because they have brains and the high technological level. Be happy to us ! ;)

Kingdom City (Jeddah)

Quote 2 :

Crown of the Kingdom

by Ben Roberts on Aug 13, 2011

The announcement from Kingdom Holding of the next world’s highest tower came as a thunderbolt of business news to a Gulf region about to enter the quieter summer period.

As one of the few mega projects in Saudi Arabia not directed by the high-spending government, it could only have come from HRH Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, chairman of the group and the Arab world’s most dynamic private investor. Money, indeed, never sleeps, and there is always a sense that the prince is only just beginning.

The surface financials say much about the scale of the project: SAR 4.6 billion to build the tower that will outreach Dubai’s Burj Khalifa by more than 200 metres, sitting within a new 530-hectare urban development to the north of Jeddah – Kingdom City – which will require a total of SAR 75 billion.

Funding Kingdom City is a new joint venture, Jeddah Economic Company, led by Kingdom Holding and Abrar International Holding Company, which will both hold a 33.35% stake, Saudi Binladen Group, which two weeks ago was awarded the main construction contract, will hold a 16.67% stake, as will Saudi businessman Abdulrahman Hassan Sharbatly. Samaual Bakhsh, director of the Traco group of companies in Egypt and a former director of Egyptian Gulf Bank, is also closely involved.

SAR 1.5 billion of equity capital from the partners will be invested, along with cash loans from banks, which will be repaid from the revenues that will be generated from the tower, according to Kingdom Holding.

JEC’s capital also includes SAR 8.8 billion in land value and assets worth 7.3 billion.

The tower will contain a Four Seasons Hotel as well as serviced apartments from the hospitality chain, office space, ‘luxurious condominiums’ and what will be the world’s highest observatory deck.

Perhaps the most surprising element to the tower and Kingdom City is its location, far north of the main city away from other hotels and offices. Essentially, Kingdom City will need to create an entire new centre of commerce to fill the tower and related buildings with residents.

The first two phases of construction are the building of the tower – over 50 hectares – and the construction of the infrastructure for the entire development. The third phase, according to Kingdom Holding, is yet to be finalised; one of many tantalising bits of mystery around the project.

The prince last week acknowledged that the project was a “big risk”, and the context of the commercial and hospitality sectors in the Jeddah region certainly supports this admittance.

CB Richard Ellis, the property firm, wrote in a recent report that the city traditionally had a “sustainable” approach, where office space mixed with retail outlets across the urban sprawl in the absence of a true commercial centre.

“The commercial sector is very practical and price-sensitive, often offices share buildings with shopping malls to be able to share certain facilities, such as car parks,” Mike Williams, senior director for Middle East research and consultancy at the firm, told CW last week.

“It is split over about five areas as there is no centre for commerce in Jeddah.”

He explained that any new commercial development was largely moving north up to the Corniche and beyond the Creek and the Al Kira region. The planned space for the tower and Kingdom City is essentially a few steps ahead of this progress.

But the present remoteness of the site, and the difficulties witnessed in other regional city projects, leave a number of questions as to the project’s viability.

“I don’t know if there have been feasibility studies for the project, I would be interested to see what they are, as there are a number of city developments that have struggled to attract sufficient interest,” Williams added. “If you head further north of [what will be] Kingdom City there is King Abdullah Economic City, which has failed to generate a lot of demand.

“Also, the hotel sector in Jeddah is dominated by businessmen. The location of the tower wouldn’t suit this, as at the moment there is no business there; they would rather be in the city centre. The project requires the demand for commercial business that at the moment I don’t think is there.”

But he added that the success of the Kingdom Centre in Riyadh showed that the prince has faced this challenge before. In this instance, a ground-breaking tower project was launched in urban areas of the capital that were surrounded by few commercial developments; over the years it has been the presence of this iconic building that helped generate development around it, in the business district of Olaya.

Other property commentators are more confident. John Harris, country head of Saudi Arabia at Jones Lang LaSalle, pointed out that the project is unique in the city as it will be one of the few spaces dedicated to commercial development.

“The location has its advantage as there are few big tracts of land being developed in Jeddah. Kingdom Tower and the City has gone considerably further north, and will be near the airport,” he said last week.

“The project might seem situated on the outside at the moment but Jeddah is growing up into that part of the world.”

ConstructionWeekOnline

o_O

Because they have brains and the high technological level. Be happy to us ! ;)

Tch Tch

You didn't get the joke.

Never mind.

Good to see these pictures , one of my dream to vist this tower :)
Tell me please , it is located in jeddah or near jeddah

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom