What's new

KSA : Kingdom Tower (Mile-High Tower)

i_f6c60d99b41.jpg

B9CAhuOIUAA8PR0.jpg:large

:coffee:

@Bubblegum Crisis

You should change the thread title to "1 km tall tower" bro. I have asked the moderators a few times but they have omitted doing so. 1 mile is approximately 1.6 km. It's not going to be this insanely tall. It will still break all records though!

VNcRdDT.jpg

7-canopies_from_water.jpg

11fiUxO.jpg

5KR172a.jpg

cKKJ9J.jpg

HExG3Y.jpg

zcKcFH.jpg

B-JP1eXCEAA1Ti8.jpg

Looking better for each day.:coffee:

@Rakan.SA

The Kingdom City will be a huge thing once when finished. Can't wait.

Honestly speaking I expect Jeddah to develop a lot on this front too in the future. As long as the old part of Jeddah (World UNESCO Heritage Site today) gets protected I won't complain.

It would also be a great thing if they could develop the entire tropical Red Sea coastline more. Hell lot of potential. Both south and north of Jeddah but basically the entire Hijazi coastline.

I think that Kingdom Tower and KAEC in Rabigh will kickstart this process.

Last edited:
Exactly, this Kingdom tower will not be such a tourist attraction as Burj Khalifa because KSA is a pretty closed society.

Correction, the visa rules make it a difficult country for foreigners to visit. Yet this could easily change and it will eventually. There have been talk about a tourism visa for instance and big investments are being made on several fields and to improve the infrastructure with eye on the upcoming tourism sector which has a huge potential.
KSA has 10 times as much potential for tourism as Dubai/UAE. Alone the Hajj and Umrah when the expansions are finished will be a huge deal.

Don't forget that even despite those very harsh visa rules and some idiotic rules KSA is still the 15th most visited country on the planet.

This thread below should explain everything;

Tourist visas to be introduced in KSA

@al-Hasani lets hope alwaleed dosnt get pisssed for having his channel closed and stop investing in jeddah or saudi :sarcastic:

Talking about Al-Arab news channel? It was not even based in KSA.:sarcastic:IMO it should not have been closed.

Prince%20Alwaleed%20During%20Previous%20Visit%20to%20Alarab%20HQ%20in%20Bahrain%2C%20Dec%202014%20E%202.jpg

You were obviously joking but even if we assume that he would then such a decision would make no sense at all from an economic perspective. He will get even richer when the Kingdom Tower and Kingdom City is finished. Be sure about that. But so will KSA.:yay:

Correction, the visa rules make it a difficult country for foreigners to visit. Yet this could easily change. KSA has 10 times as much potential for tourism as Dubai/UAE. Alone the Hajj and Umrah when the expansions are finished will be a huge deal.

Don't forget that even despite those very harsh visa rules and some idiotic rules KSA is still the 15th most visited country on the planet.

Talking about Al-Arab news channel? It was not even based in KSA.:sarcastic:IMO it should not have been closed.

Prince%20Alwaleed%20During%20Previous%20Visit%20to%20Alarab%20HQ%20in%20Bahrain%2C%20Dec%202014%20E%202.jpg

You were obviously joking but even if we assume that he would then such a decision would make no sense at all from an economic perspective. He will get even richer when the Kingdom Tower and Kingdom City is finished. Be sure about that. But so will KSA.:yay:
are you kidding me ?! bahrain and saudi are one. even if he opened it in any other gulf country it would have been closed. even arab countries would have closed it if we asked them to. its a dumb mistake from him. thats what happens when your ego takes over your brain. what was he thinking not giving baya'a to muhammad bin nayef ?! thats a red line no one dares to cross. the red line meaning unity in the royal family towards the leadership. he could have gave it to him and then complained all he want. this wouldn't have happened.
i know that he took it personal cuz the channel was his dream and he worked hard to achieve it. payed a lot of money and still is. salaries didnt stop
now hes looking for other countries london is on the list.

they better have good fire fighting solutions and come up with something new. i dont think fire sprinklers would be enough. and a 2 km fire hose isnt a good idea too lol

are you kidding me ?! bahrain and saudi are one. even if he opened it in any other gulf country it would have been closed. even arab countries would have closed it if we asked them to. its a dumb mistake from him. thats what happens when your ego takes over your brain. what was he thinking not giving baya'a to muhammad bin nayef ?! thats a red line no one dares to cross. the red line meaning unity in the royal family towards the leadership. he could have gave it to him and then complained all he want. this wouldn't have happened.
i know that he took it personal cuz the channel was his dream and he worked hard to achieve it. payed a lot of money and still is. salaries didnt stop
now hes looking for other countries london is on the list.

Of course it would have been closed anywhere else in the GCC and probably in most other Arab countries.

I don't care about him as an individual. What I do like though is a relatively free media and as little censorship as possible. We are not kids. Most issues should be open for debate. Just like if we two want to discuss issues in KSA. We should be able to openly criticize whoever we want to from the government, private sector or whatever. That's why I am against the closure of news channels or media outlets that give room for other opinions.

I don't have to agree with what they "preach" either but I support their right to discuss issues in the realm of civil debate.

31843b3.jpg

2b424b0.jpg

2e0c546.jpg

VqDAM9pr.jpg

Some quick facts about the Kingdom Tower;

-Near to the new airport
-Land Area: 85,000 sqm
-Total Construction Area (TCA): 464,907 sqm
-Height: +1000 m
-Floors: 170
-Currently: 10 floors
-7 floors of the Kingdom Tower will be allocated to The Four Seasons Hotel
-If you want to get to the top of the Kingdom Tower it will require 5,512 "steps"
-Did you know that supporting the Kingdom Tower are "270" piles ranging from 45m to 105m deep &1.8m in diameter

Last edited:
The greatest news lately is that the Kingdom City will be connected to the public transport system in Jeddah. Something that was confirmed last week. Foster + Partners were appointed for the job with phase 1 being ready in late 2018.

Also take a look at the new Jeddah Airport which will start operations (Phase 1) in early 2016.

The vision:

Construction work update video (March 2015)

B_5wKBkUIAAuWE7.jpg

1428586931874.jpg

Another reminder;

The Kingdom City, will be a 5.3 million sq m area of land to the north of Jeddah that will be transformed into a buzzing new community.

KingdomMasterplan621_01.jpg

KingdomMasterplan621_05-1.jpg

KingdomMasterplan621_04.jpg

KingdomMasterplan621_03.jpg

KingdomMasterplan621_02.jpg

The greatest news lately is that the Kingdom City will be connected to the public transport system in Jeddah. Something that was confirmed last week. Foster + Partners were appointed for the job with phase 1 being ready in late 2018.

Also take a look at the new Jeddah Airport which will start operations (Phase 1) in early 2016.

The vision:

Construction work update video (March 2015)

B_5wKBkUIAAuWE7.jpg

1428586931874.jpg

Another reminder;

The Kingdom City, will be a 5.3 million sq m area of land to the north of Jeddah that will be transformed into a buzzing new community.

KingdomMasterplan621_01.jpg

KingdomMasterplan621_05-1.jpg

KingdomMasterplan621_04.jpg

KingdomMasterplan621_03.jpg

KingdomMasterplan621_02.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom