What's new

KSA : Kingdom Tower (Mile-High Tower)

can you imagine the view from inside a departing plane ? the tower will be right next to you.

maybe 2 km away

:yahoo:

Now that would be an architectural masterpiece!

I bet you that it will!

Emirati brothers and sisters pissed;

10917316_990252944337016_2139434422878767864_n.jpg

:lol:

I can't wait to see the Kingdom Tower finished and the Kingdom City and all of those dozens mega-projects in KSA.

A very informative thread with pictures to make everything crystal clear. I wish our Saudi brothers in Islam best of luck in their ambitious projects. After all it is their land, their money,their vision and their future. Since this is a defence forum, I have a defence related question. What if a 911 type attack happens here ? Have the Saudis taken that into consideration. Do they have the military might to protect their assets from such disasters. America the most powerful country in the world today could not defend itself against 911. What about Saudis ?

A very informative thread with pictures to make everything crystal clear. I wish our Saudi brothers in Islam best of luck in their ambitious projects. After all it is their land, their money,their vision and their future. Since this is a defence forum, I have a defence related question. What if a 911 type attack happens here ? Have the Saudis taken that into consideration. Do they have the military might to protect their assets from such disasters. America the most powerful country in the world today could not defend itself against 911. What about Saudis ?

Thank you for the nice words brother.

First of all I have to say that the likelihood of another 9/11 attack on a skyscraper anywhere in the world is very small IMO.

Preventing such an attack from happening is all down to proper intelligence work.

Lastly the impact of the planes was not enough to cause the towers' collapse during 9/11 as far as a I recall. The combination of the impacts and the fires in their aftermath were what proved to be fatal. The planes not only knocked out parts of the buildings' structural frames, they also severed and disabled the sprinkler systems' supply pipes which weakened the remaining structure and ultimately caused the buildings to collapse.

I think that the Kingdom Tower will have steel connections capable of preventing such a collapse. Sprinkler supply lines will probably be located within an impact-resistent core. There would probably be two sprinkler supply lines as well.

I don't really know the details but I am sure that they have thought about this scenario which could also happen due to a fire or even earthquake (not very likely in that area of Hijaz). So not necessary a terror attack.

You can actually contact the architect and developers. If they got the time they will probably answer you questions.

Kingdom Tower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

P.S.: The title of this thread is wrong btw. Originally the plan was to construct a 1 mile tall tower but the idea was dropped. I have repeatedly asked the moderators to correct it but without luck. It's "only" going to be over 1000 meters tall. 1 mile is around 1600 meters. That would be insane.

Last edited:
The Saudis will only write the cheque and sign few papers while all the work will be done by the foreigners. The Saudia has 29 million people and most want only desk jobs. Only when Saudis design and build their own tower it will be a news.

I would love to see a tower higher than Mount Everest constructed in my life time.

I simply cannot imagine this in my lifetime (I am in my earliest 20's) although it would be phenomenal. I think that it is possible to built a structure this tall and probably taller already but it is simply not foreseeable. It would be very costly too.

I did a very quick google search and found this;

Is There a Limit to How Tall Buildings Can Get? - CityLab

In other words;

10460363_991037727591871_3030259088223532276_n.jpg

I simply cannot imagine this in my lifetime (I am in my earliest 20's) although it would be phenomenal. I think that it is possible to built a structure this tall and probably taller already but it is simply not foreseeable. It would be very costly too.

In other words;

So will it be built or not? As far as getting people out and firemen in, I imagine helicopters could be used.

In other words;

So will it be built or not? As far as getting people out and firemen in, I imagine helicopters could be used.

Take a look at the thread bro. See post 129. The entire fundament has been built and what you can see on that photo is so far what has been built in around 2.5 months of work.

Take a look at the thread bro. See post 129. The entire fundament has been built and what you can see on that photo is so far what has been built in around 2.5 months of work.
Sorry I forgot if Saudis say they'll build something, they'll bloody well build it. Just used to Jordanian incompetence in this area (the truth.) I mean we're still waiting on those goddamn gate towers to be finished!! And don't get me started on the 'Rapid Bus' project that was highly promising and now rather disappointing.. I understand the reason behind this (lack of masari) but it still pisses me off :laugh:

:yahoo:

I bet you that it will!

Emirati brothers and sisters pissed;

10917316_990252944337016_2139434422878767864_n.jpg

:lol:

I can't wait to see the Kingdom Tower finished and the Kingdom City and all of those dozens mega-projects in KSA.
Interesting. If completed this damn sure will be one hell of an achievement.

Sorry I forgot if Saudis say they'll build something, they'll bloody well build it. Just used to Jordanian incompetence in this area (the truth.) I mean we're still waiting on those goddamn gate towers to be finished!! And don't get me started on the 'Rapid Bus' project that was highly promising and now rather disappointing.. I understand the reason behind this (lack of masari) but it still pisses me off :laugh:

Don't get ahead of yourself bro. KSA has faced similar problems from public founded projects. Never-ending projects. Bureaucracy as far as the eye can see etc. You know the story. Some Protestant work ethic would not be bad! Although during the reign of King Abdullah things have mostly been materializing instead of pure bullshitting. I expect this to continue.

The thing with Kingdom Tower is that it is a private founded project. Had it not been for Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal and his Kingdom Holding Company then this historic skyscraper, the Kingdom City etc. would probably never have been built. Of course you got private firms and private investors involved in this project (in terms of ownership) such as Abraar Holding Company, Abdul-Rahman Hassan Sharbatly and Saudi Binladin Group.

Actually the Kingdom Tower Company owns 33,35% of the shares, the Saudi Binladin Group 16,63%, Abrar International Holding Company 33,35% and Abdul-Rahman Hassan Sharbatly (businessman) 16,67%.

Interesting. If completed this damn sure will be one hell of an achievement.

Indeed it is brother. This might be the most "publicized" project from KSA currently but there are several much more costly projects ongoing all over KSA currently from whole gigantic industrial towns (dozens of them), dams, railways, metros, airports, roads, new universities, hospitals etc.

If they build 100s of international quality schools in poor islamic country it would be much useful.

Usually these towers are white elephant , does not make economic senese but just to satisfy the ego...

Back
Top Bottom