What's new

KRISS VECTOR ASSAULT RIFLE Pakistan's sensible choice if made .

Some reports are now suggesting G3 has to go
It's not a matter of "has to", it's a matter of "will it". Everyone knows that the G-3 must be replaced, but it probably won't be any time soon, mostly due to financial reasons.

I've been seeing many regulars using M4s. Could it be that PA already changed the standard rifle in secret? IMO it's quite possible. Army likes to keep many things secret.

a letter has been circulated about the directives of COAS- G3 is to be replaced with new service weapon.....
However no name has been mentioned.....will update once I hear further
I love you man thanks a lot. GEO HAZAR SAAL GEO.

a letter has been circulated about the directives of COAS- G3 is to be replaced with new service weapon.....
Do you have OS at your place

@Wolfhound was the first person who told me about COAS telling officers that Army is replacing G3

@Wolfhound was the first person who told me about COAS telling officers that Army is replacing G3
Thanks for the tag sir!

not retired, it is still in use with MPs on duty, also used used in Trainings.....actually FB is blocked with me, otherwise I had a pic of friend from BIC - Quetta, they still use those for CQB clearance ops training
You mean the MP-5 is in the process of being changed? Please say yes!:rolleyes:

Obviously i know its not police , but i am asking cant we do the same with Army ? if not than why not ?
it will be much easier if we replace their primary weapon , state wise .. ?
It would be better if we do it combat arm wise. For example it would be better to give the weapon first to the ssg then infantry and then arty because infantry and ssg have more use for it, similarly we can sub divide it into who require it more e.g infantry units in operational areas would need it before those in non operational areas.

my choice is
AEK-971.............:guns:
800px-5.45mm_assault_rifle_A-545_-_Oboronexpo2014part4-11.jpg
In my own opinion HK-417 would be the best fit for changing the G-3 this is because of the following.
1 G-3 and HK-417 would be of the same caliber(7.62) so cost saving in logistics.
2 G-3 and HK-417 have similar magazines which will once again save logistical costs.
3 It is a German Manufactured weapon which makes it high quality.
4 Germany doesnt have a problem with manufacturing licenses in small arms(It has already given Pakistan many manufacturing licenses already so a new one wont be hard) and may even give TOT.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tag sir!

You mean its in the process of being changed? Please say yes!:rolleyes:

It would be better if we do it combat arm wise. For example it would be better to give the weapon first to the ssg then infantry and then arty because infantry and ssg have more use for it, similarly we can sub divide it into who require it more e.g infantry units in operational areas would need it before those in non operational areas.
Yes @balixd said yes that is why letter is issued

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom