What's new

Korean navy building a $6 billion dedicated Anti-China naval fleet by 2016

donga.com[English donga]

This fleet would be the second front-line battle fleet for Korean Navy. The first one is larger but is more strategic, while this new fleet will operate only in the Yellow and East China Sea to counter PLA Navy and be based in Jeju Island facing China.

dokdo-chuseonghun.jpg

The first fleet(aka Strike Fleet). Take out the LHDs from the pics and you have this second fleet.

You got the money, why not.
I´m not aware but does South Korea consider China as a threat? and why?

bcs a Korea in PDF consider China as a threat, more info about Korean thinking look for news paper of Korea
The Chosun Ilbo (English Edition): Daily News from Korea
Korea Joongang Daily
and search China in the two site
about 1 million South Korean live in China, 1/50 population of South Korea, 2011 China-Korea trad 220billion $, 24% export of Korea is to China

I did some readings on the sites, especially from english.chosun.com.
My impression is, the rise of China's military poses a serious threat to all countries in its neighborhood, especially for India, Russia and of course for East Asia including Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam. And for the US, too.
There are voices in South Korea, the country must develop nuclear weapons, because it has neighbors all having nukes.
I guess Japan will be the next one in the row.

Angst everywhere!

My impression is, the rise of China's military poses a serious threat to all countries in its neighborhood, especially for India, Russia and of course for East Asia including Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam. And for the US, too.
There are voices in South Korea, the country must develop nuclear weapons, because it has neighbors all having nukes.

Angst everywhere!
No Vietnam is next for spanking. Last time we burned down 6 of your provinces and left 130,000 dead in just 28 days in 1979. This time, our advanced military machine will crush Hanoi and drive Viets into the jungle. Laos and Cambodia will also take back their land from the dirty Viets. Bright future for Laotians and Cambodians. Pay-back time for dirty Viets. :)

Top Type 99 MBT

Middle Type 99A MBT

Bottom new light tank (for airlift, sealift and expeditionary forces)

2995c152_8121_4005_a1cf_70108be85e60.jpg

Type 99A MBT

b73e7168_93d6_4d00_8d67_4f722e5b5e7e.jpg

new light tank

c8995943_291e_480c_a8e6_8d97eba7293f.jpg

Angst everywhere!

Angst is Deutsche word, he he.

If anti-China is s.k.'s goal, China need teach s.k. a lesson to keep korean penisula separate for another decade or even century.

donga.com[English donga]

This fleet would be the second front-line battle fleet for Korean Navy. The first one is larger but is more strategic, while this new fleet will operate only in the Yellow and East China Sea to counter PLA Navy and be based in Jeju Island facing China.

dokdo-chuseonghun.jpg

The first fleet(aka Strike Fleet). Take out the LHDs from the pics and you have this second fleet.

No Vietnam is next for spanking. Last time we burned down 6 of your provinces and left 130,000 dead in just 28 days in 1979. This time, our advanced military machine will crush Hanoi and drive Viets into the jungle. Laos and Cambodia will also take back their land from the dirty Viets. Bright future for Laotians and Cambodians. Pay-back time for dirty Viets. :)

But your strong PLA was defeated miserably by the girls of our militia in 1979. :cheesy:
Surprisingly, your PLA used still tactical "human waves" same as in the Korean War. :lol:

Good news , China will thus be surrounded by powerful navies on all three sides !

/IMG]

This threat is about Korean Navy!
Looks like you never want to miss a chance to remember all of us about the Sino-Vietnam War 1979.
Accept finally that China lost the war. The PLA was the looser.
Laos and Cambodia are good neighbors of Vietnam today.

Korea should also buy few Maritime role aircrafts that can carry Anti Ship missiles that makes sure any aggression from Red is countered effectively . They should have gone for more submarines which are stealth to Red's eye .

If anti-China is s.k.'s goal, China need teach s.k. a lesson to keep korean penisula separate for another decade or even century.

hahaha!! go ahed...teach lesson to india, sk, vietnam, japan, philipins, us, russia...handle it with ur "supa powa" armed forces...

what a damn fool. Haven't we done that already to you???

hahaha!! go ahed...teach lesson to india, sk, vietnam, japan, philipins, us, russia...handle it with ur "supa powa" armed forces...

what a damn fool. Haven't we done that already to you???
havnt japanese had done it to you....and please no personal attack....your post showed your prudence already. so no comments on your foolishness...
and let me tell you chinese authorities have way developed brains they know whom they should teach a lesson..."they forgot the past and gearing up for future"...but it seems people like you are happy living in past....we indians always appreciate the achievements of china (except some fanboys on our side) but even you should not underestimate us.. you cant teach a lesson to anybody now...grow up!!

Korea's conservative ruling government is taking good measures to ensure their sovereignty. East Asian countries don't compromise on national security. Something we need to learn from them.

Angst everywhere!

Well the development of nuclear weapons depends entirely on how much USA can convince its allies to rely on its guarantee of national security. In the last 2 years, US actions have confirmed the worst apprehensions of its allies: US cannot fight a war on behalf of its allies when the time comes. A small conflict here and there but never a full blown war.

So its a matter of time before Japan and Korea re-start their militarization programs as they have to rely on their own capabilities if shyte hits the fan. It will be of immense benefit to east and Southeast Asian countries as there would be a pan-Asian engagement at a strategic level.

Personally, I think that a militarizing Korea and Japan is actually going to be good for Asia as a whole.

Korea's conservative ruling government is taking good measures to ensure their sovereignty. East Asian countries don't compromise on national security. Something we need to learn from them.

Well the development of nuclear weapons depends entirely on how much USA can convince its allies to rely on its guarantee of national security. In the last 2 years, US actions have confirmed the worst apprehensions of its allies: US cannot fight a war on behalf of its allies when the time comes. A small conflict here and there but never a full blown war.

So its a matter of time before Japan and Korea re-start their militarization programs as they have to rely on their own capabilities if shyte hits the fan. It will be of immense benefit to east and Southeast Asian countries as there would be a pan-Asian engagement at a strategic level.

Personally, I think that a militarizing Korea and Japan is actually going to be good for Asia as a whole.

Good observation

Back
Top Bottom