What's new

Know your Al-Khalid-1 MBT, from inside...

Can someone please explain each tank component briefly ?

Ballistic computer
fire control/ gun control system
thermal imager, laser range finder
main gun
autoloader
periscopes
etc..

These beasts are congested and give a heavy feeling to us regular folks (at least to me). Sitting in one makes you feel a bit short of space, surrounded by all that heavy steel, a bit uncomfortable. It is once they start rolling, then is when you get that feeling of joy. One can feel the power of this machine, gliding over the bumpy terrain. Dont know if i am able to explain myself here but to shorten it, you sit in one it feels too congested and given an uncomfortable feeling but when they start moving, the engine roar, that gives you the sense of power!! :)

Nothing can be more congested than the early variant of t-72. That thing was more like a gas chamber. Th crew could barely move around.

Ballistic computer
fire control/ gun control system
thermal imager, laser range finder
main gun
autoloader
periscopes
etc..

Nothing can be more congested than the early variant of t-72. That thing was more like a gas chamber. Th crew could barely move around.
Never got to see one from inside. Al-Khalid and Zarrar i saw in HIT. Even they had little to no space, as you would expect. However it is when they are moving up the bumpy Margalla Hills track that you see how comfortable and powerful these things are. I wish they would have fired a round or two, that would have been something. :lol:

Never got to see one from inside. Al-Khalid and Zarrar i saw in HIT. Even they had little to no space, as you would expect. However it is when they are moving up the bumpy Margalla Hills track that you see how comfortable and powerful these things are. I wish they would have fired a round or two, that would have been something. :lol:

The comfy ride in Alkhalid comes from excellent suspension that uses the combo of torsion bar, electro-hydraulic dampers combined with shock absorbers.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom