What's new

Killing thy neighbour: India, and its Border Security Force

Most of the people whom you are saying illegal are hindu and it is 90%
Exactly. Why do they need to run away from bd? Are they not treated equal?! Look at muslims in India and look at hindus in bd and pakistan. [even though bd hindu are in better positions].

And I don't think illegal immigrants are mostly hindu?! I don't buy that. That just ludicrous claim to make.
And this was bound to happen considering the amount trespassing in india increasing day by day. We have so many people liveing under poverty line in our own country itself and if bangladeshis want to come to india then they shouldn't have seperated in first place [under jinnah's leadership.] and 1971 should have happened 24 years earlier [1947] in form of reunification.
Greater India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India is not in any position to absorb more Illegal Immigration..
and It would be funny to the Nation if u are saying that India can absorb whole of BD... we have 1000+ problems ,who wish to invite more ?

About my post ...it does not anyhow shows that GOI is paranoid about Muslims or any other religion. Off course it says about terror groups .

Every year Bangladeshi people enter on valid Documents and then disappear. Every little read person knows who big this problem is growing and very little steps are being taken.

Better keep the thread to your BSF lynching of our innocent citizens at the border. Your country belongs to a group of people like you who live in total misery, but tries to convince the world that India is part of 1st world.

To prove your point that there are BD illegals in your India, you guys keep on posting some stupid claims that BD citizens are so desparate that they are taking risks of migrating to your cow-dung unclean country. Stop a while and read what other people think of your big ****** country. India's living condition is far worse than most of the countries of the world, do not forget that.

VOA | Study: More Poor People in India than in 26 African Countries | Asia | English

Asia RSS Feed Study: More Poor People in India than in 26 African Countries
Selah Hennessy | London 14 July 2010

According to a new study more people live in poverty in eight Indian states than in 26 of sub-Saharan Africa's poorest countries. The creators of the new study said the level of poverty in South Asia compared to Africa was a surprising discovery.

The Multidimensional Poverty Index takes into account issues such as health and education and whether or not people have access to clean water and electricity.

Sabina Alkire is director of the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative and she co-created the new index.

"One striking feature is that most of the poor people live in South Asia – 51 percent of the 1.7 billion people that we have identified as poor are resident in that continent," says Alkire. "And it is not only the number, but also the intensity."

She says about one-quarter of the world's poor live in Africa, according to the MPI.

"When we compare the 26 poorest countries of Africa with states in India that have the same intensity of deprivation, we find there are more poor people with this intensity of deprivation in India than in sub-Saharan Africa. And that is quite striking," Alkire adds.

Alkire says the new Index paints a different and sometimes surprising picture of poverty than studies that look at income alone.

For example, in Ethiopia 90 percent of people are 'MPI poor' compared to the 39 percent who are classified as living in 'extreme poverty'. And 1.7-billion people living in the countries covered by the Index live in poverty according to the MPI – that is higher than the 1.3-billion people who live on $1.25 a day or less.

Alkire says a benefit of the new index is that it shows how poverty affects people living in different regions of a country.

"So we looked at Kenya, where Nairobi has the poverty of the Dominican Republic – not too much poverty – whereas the northeastern rural area of Kenya is worse than our poorest country, Niger, with more than 90 percent of people poor," Alkire said.

She says it also shows the range of poverty amongst different ethnic groups – she says in some countries the variety is tremendous.

The Multidimensional Poverty Index was developed by the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative with support from the United Nations. It will be featured in the upcoming UNDP Human Development Report, replacing the Human Poverty Index.

Researchers analyzed data from 104 countries with a combined population of 5.2 billion – just under 80 percent of the world's total population.

such a sad story. india would never dare do this pakistan.

BSF might give leeway to Bangladeshi(I know having visited the border), but anyone infiltrating from western side of the border will be mate with bullets. Pakistanis are not any important being to us than Bangladeshis.

@Topic: Khaleda Bibi and her Jamati friends shouldn't have tried to pull off an ISI if they didn't want to see this day. Even the American Center attack in Kolkata traced back to Bangladesh, there was no other way but fencing the border after that.

BSF might give leeway to Bangladeshi(I know having visited the border), but anyone infiltrating from western side of the border will be mate with bullets. Pakistanis are not any important being to us than Bangladeshis.

I don't think so. If this was the case where it happened on a regular basis there would be military conflict. India's not stupid. We have hundred of thousands of soliders on your border.

The Hindu : Front Page : Three Pakistani boys arrested

Besides we don't want to go there. :sick:

i'm talking about unarmed individuals.

Anyways, BSF doesn't kill boys? But they kill teenage girls? :blink:

If unarmed individuals start sneaking in to India in alarming proportionate then the response will be same. Also it's not possible for BSF to know who's armed and unarmed. Rule of thumb is, don't come near to no mans land during night.

If this incident really happened then this is indeed a disgusting act unlikely of professional force and BD should take up the matter to India, however I don't see the incident in any other news portals including major Bangladeshi ones. I can't take fringe online portals as authentic news source.

If unarmed individuals start sneaking in to India in alarming proportionate then the response will be same. Also it's not possible for BSF to know who's armed and unarmed. Rule of thumb is, don't come near to no mans land during night.

Then why didn't they shoot those Pakistani boys, or why don't they kill Pakistani fishermmen instead of arresting them. How to they know these boys or fishermen are unarmed. There is an inherent understanding of reprecussions if actions of BSF towards Bengalis are applied toward's Pakistanis. But as I said earlier, we don't want to go there.

While I understand that the border runs through homes and market places, its still after all a border. And with the illegal immigrants crossing into India, we do need a border fence. What could be a better way of doing it? Maybe the homes and the villages have to be shifted or given a choice to either country. Not easy for the villagers in question, but there's no other way.

And though BD stories paint the BSF as a trigger happy force, I would like to see a version from our side before concdemning them.

such a sad story. india would never dare do this pakistan.

Absolutely. Also, India would never do a Pakistan. We would never ethnically cleanse more than a million people under Operation Searchlight. Thats just what you guys do to your Bengali countrymen.

Then why didn't they shoot those Pakistani boys, or why don't they kill Pakistani fishermmen instead of arresting them. How to they know these boys or fishermen are unarmed. There is an inherent understanding of reprecussions if actions of BSF towards Bengalis are applied toward's Pakistanis. But as I said earlier, we don't want to go there.

Do you see India shooting up Bangladeshi fishermen? They are not even arrested.

Those 3 boys are stray incident, do that every day and you will be shot. Here's another news of unarmed infiltrators getting shot.

Two Pakistani intruders killed on border, fake notes seized - India - DNA

I'm a Bengali myself and I know more than you how differently Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are viewed in my country. Don't kid yourself.

Even the American Center attack in Kolkata traced back to Bangladesh, there was no other way but fencing the border after that.

Why are American establishments in Kolkata always attacked? Why not the American Center in Dhaka? You know Abir, it says something about your security forces. The easiest way to end an investigation and go back to watching **** in the office is to lay the blame on BD: "The source is in BD, sir. We mere mortals can do nothing about it! Report the politicians!" :lol:

PS: Don't let the mention of **** distract you. Just kiddin :D

While I understand that the border runs through homes and market places, its still after all a border. And with the illegal immigrants crossing into India, we do need a border fence. What could be a better way of doing it? Maybe the homes and the villages have to be shifted or given a choice to either country. Not easy for the villagers in question, but there's no other way.

And though BD stories paint the BSF as a trigger happy force, I would like to see a version from our side before concdemning them.

An open border with Bangladesh along the same line with Bhutan and Nepal is ideal for people of both countries. As people in bordering states are talk in same language and depended on each other. I don't buy BJP's bigoted theory of demographic shift.

But then you should behave as good neighbour as well and above all don't try to ride the gravy train of terrorism.

Back
Top Bottom