What's new

Killing of Major-General wont go unpunished | Kayani

Stupidity is when you make threats and don't follow through with them.

I have shrapnel and a shard from whats left of a clutch plate (as a reminder) from a blown up double cabin when we hit an improvised 155mm arty in Alizai back in spring 06.

And let me tell you - an MRAP won't do diddly squat with the right mixture of ingredients and the nature of the charge so get over your delusions and quit talking like you guys are experts. Weve faced times when there was weakness of our logistics and they will target vulnerable chokepoints (like bridges). Well guess what? You can search and sweep but can't always expect to go around and assume coast is always clear. In this case that particular area was safe enough to go by land but evidently there will be very unpleasant and tragic surprises looming - un foreseeable

Guts will get you so far then they can get you killed. Caution will get you farther but you can get just as killed too. Or did you think they say "peak a boo" from 25 meters away.

I can name 7-8 different methods these guys use from crude to more advanced. From crude shells to pressure plate devices that are buried under gravel on unpaved roads.

There's enough basic material for you tough talkers to read about without getting cocky and brave behind your computer screens. Or ask Rescue Ranger.

Or your CPRF guys in naxal infested areas who've encountered many an IED on their own.

Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to infants when I waste my time typing the obvious.

That's your real issue. You guys just go off on a tangent without realizing what you are responding to.

Any army that allows a Major General to be blown up in a random IED blast (am assuming it was not an assassination) has not been up to mark on planning. With all the bravado and slanted comments about Naxals and CRPF, what does not change is the fact that PA in this case, over estimated its hold on the area this General was driving thru and paid the price. You can spin it any way you want

Very good if the perpetrators are punished but the question is how they are able to kill such a senior military general at their will? Pakistan needs to take serious steps to improve its security.

That's your real issue. You guys just go off on a tangent without realizing what you are responding to.

Any army that allows a Major General to be blown up in a random IED blast (am assuming it was not an assassination) has not been up to mark on planning. With all the bravado and slanted comments about Naxals and CRPF, what does not change is the fact that PA in this case, over estimated its hold on the area this General was driving thru and paid the price. You can spin it any way you want

if you really think that was a spin then you have blatant comprehension issues; i cant help you, sorry.

if you really think that was a spin then you have blatant comprehension issues; i cant help you, sorry.

Major-General Sanaullah, General Officer Commanding 17 Division, Swat, was on his way back after visiting troops deployed at the Pakistan-Afghanistan border when an improvised explosive device (IED) blew up his vehicle, Upper Dir, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Lieutenant Colonel Tauseef Ahmad and Sepoy Irfan Sattar also died in the attack.

Being billed as a setback to talks with the Pakistan Taliban, the attack has provoked a strong response from Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Monday. He said in a statement that while it is understandable that they give peace a chance through a political process, “no one should have any misgivings that we would let terrorists coerce us into accepting their terms. The army has the ability and the will to take the fight to the terrorists”. He reiterated the “Pakistan Army’s resolve and unflinching commitment in fighting the menace of terrorism, in accordance with the will of the nation and at any cost.”

Sunday was marked by other acts of terrorism in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) near Bannu and Miranshah, killing Frontier Corps personnel. These incidents come after the recent All Parties Meeting called by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif where a dialogue process with Pakistani Taliban was stressed. Reportedly, even the army was on the same page as the government on this.

However, sources familiar with the area said that though the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has taken responsibility, it does not have a presence in that region, mostly under the control of Mullah Fazlullah, who ran a parallel administration in Swat before the army was called in. Lieutenant General (retired) Talat Masood, chief coordinator of Pugwash, said it will not be so easy after the army chief’s statement for the government to initiate dialogue.

He felt that even if it was not the work of TTP, there were many groups which owe allegiance to it. While the government has strongly condemned the incident, there are those who feel the talks should go on. Lieutenant-Colonel Shafqat Saeed (retired), a defence analyst said that though TTP acted irresponsibly, the government should not pull back from talks. Instead, it should force the TTP to exercise restraint.Mr. Sharif is away on a three- day trip to Turkey and the while the incident has been condemned, little is being said of the future of talks. Rustom Shah Mohmand, former Pakistan ambassador to Afghanistan said the government, after deciding on talks, should have appointed a point person to take it forward.

Keywords: Pakistan army chief, Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Pak Taliban, Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province
Killing of Major-General won

What about daily attacked to death civilians & soldiers? Means army is organized only to protect some generals & brigadiers? Pathetic.

No spin about the man.. Definitely a spin around the organization.

What about daily attacked to death civilians & soldiers? Means army is organized only to protect some generals & brigadiers? Pathetic.

I said exactly the same and got jumped by a multitude of army fans :)

I don't why some idiot readers overlook the details of his statement

But here what about civilians he said

He said in a statement that while it is understandable that they give peace a chance through a political process, “no one should have any misgivings that we would let terrorists coerce us into accepting their terms. The army has the ability and the will to take the fight to the terrorists”. He reiterated the “Pakistan Army’s resolve and unflinching commitment in fighting the menace of terrorism, in accordance with the will of the nation and at any costSource: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...n-t-go-unpunished-kayani-4.html#ixzz2fEEHqGLd

I don't why some idiot readers overlook the details of his statement

But here what about civilians he said

He said in a statement that while it is understandable that they give peace a chance through a political process,“no one should have any misgivings that we would let terrorists coerce us into accepting their terms.The army has the ability and the will to take the fight to the terrorists”.He reiterated the “Pakistan Army’s resolve and unflinching commitment in fighting the menace of terrorism,in accordance with the will of the nation and at any cost.
Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...n-t-go-unpunished-kayani-4.html#ixzz2fEEHqGLd

Red selected: Means open conflict with civilian government over their offer of unconditional peace talk and now once again military forced it to end. Means murder of army general not TTP work.....!!!:pakistan:

Black selected: Means according to the will of civilian elected government whose will never was respected by military.

What an art of word game.

Hmm....

TTP seems to be getting very powerful lately. They must be having some real hardcore fighting capability that they could destroy 50,000 pakistani loyalist forces.

Never heard Pakistani coas giving such statements when scores or Ahmadis or other civilians are slaughtered by the terrorists..

Please don't drag us ahmadis in to it when you are trying to bash Pakistan. Our loyalties have always been and always will remain with Pakistan.

I stand shoulder to shoulder with my Pakistani brethren against those who malign our country's name and destroy its peace. Pakistan Zindabad.:pakistan:

And I do remember reading about a statement from General Kayani about attacks on ahmadi mosques in Lahore, the generals do comment on attacks against civilians. you just want to bash Pakistan. Accept it.

No spin about the man.. Definitely a spin around the organization.

well karan - you're on this forum even at the most odd hours of the day so if you dig deeper and review my posts where im actually critical on certain operational matters of khakis then you'd know your statement holds no weight.

i never said mistakes are never made....but the indian-ness in you prevents you from being pragmatic

you dont even have any military background so i dont even need to waste further time on you discussing haves and have nots

Presenting your strategists/generals to your enemies as easy targets is no bravery, its stupidity of highest order. Protecting/defending your life is first responsibility of every living thing, so much so that a Muslim is even allowed to eat haram if his life is in danger.

Being a soldier does not mean your life becomes worthless, there is a difference in dying while fighting bravely vs. dying bravely.

Because when you're born a soldier you die one. Call it stupidity or just call it not being a coward like the fine politico folks of Islamabad who would never send their family members to die fighting the nations war

Presenting your strategists/generals to your enemies as easy targets is no bravery, its stupidity of highest order. Protecting/defending your life is first responsibility of every living thing, so much so that a Muslim is even allowed to eat haram if his life is in danger.

Being a soldier does not mean your life becomes worthless, there is a difference in dying while fighting bravely vs. dying bravely.

yes sure thats why army gives them best of weapons & trainings to them, i mean the soilders?
after all of that, they need to show bravry,not cowardness thats why "allaha hve said in quran, when tell them to come out & fight for my cause, they show cowardness"
i couldnt remember the verse, but hopefully you know better thn me, my friend, i think?
now noone is stupid enough to put himself in danger for nothing, & a level of genrl is the highest of all, in the sense of bravry, cleverness, readyness, & getting the problem before it even , happens?

those genrl shb, & his mates just went down, because thats how thier , god wanted to take them?
& it often happens, when we see road accidents, & peoples dying in them may be some of them could have driven foolishly but many dont, but even that they still died?
thier bravry couldbe seen as, they chosen the road way to show thier troops that thier commander feels, safe & bold to travl the road ahead,& area is ok?
what it meant, was to show troops that, thier commander wasnt was affraid, of death cause, in a soilders life, he has to beat or face the death ultimatly, for which his mind needs to be ready cause it can happen any time?
just imagine the thinking of young pilot officer sitting in the cockpit of a fighter plane injured & his senior co pilot is taking that plane forcebly to the enemy? yes i mean rasheed minhas NH shd, what you think he could hve done, just to save his life? was he was foolish?
NO way!
he was clever enough, to give his life instead his country,s property falling in enemy,s hand!
for a soilder, all what matters is his country, not his life! nor the life of his enemy?
guss you were never was a soilder, bt i was fighting for your country, has given me the pleasures of my life,meven though i hve losted a lot of good friends, but still its a junnoon, a epic, a sweet electrical shock, which makes you become mortal, just belive me, i hve experinced it myself in kargill, where there was only blood & fire we only could manage to undrstand as the colours of nature!

another of pathetic observation, from the house of noora,s?
a genrl means the grand father for his troops, specially in PAKARMY?
now think again, what it means if someone kills your granddad, will you ask this pathetic question?
hey why for granddad, why not for the youngers ones for the family?lolzzz
nooryaa dill da mamllaa ayai!

Back
Top Bottom