What's new

Kill The Dowry.

I, don't know what you mean by campaign but yes, this does exist on my profile.
To end dowry we have to make more strict laws and also educate people and promote true sense of honor of earning yourself and providing your wife not depending on hear family earnings

To end dowry we have to make more strict laws and also educate people and promote true sense of honor of earning yourself and providing your wife not depending on hear family earnings

This is the right issue to be Ghairtmand about.

Tum gareeboun ke saath zyatii karta hai kya?

Unfortunately even if such an ill is solved somebody will just concoct another scheme to make money to replace this one.
Sir fight between evil and good was started from day one and will continue to exist till end of this world

I, want to see what, our iron lady @ajtr has to say about this.
I just saw it.
As for the dowry my stand as always in favour of women ie reject choice who demand dowry.My marriage happened in such a quick circumstance that there was no question of demand from my hubby arose.but even though my dad offered to give dowry in cash and i'm proud that my hubby rejected the idea of it totally. so whatever my dad has offered still lying in india in my account along with the mehr i got from my hubby.

The topic is not polarizing enough, I doubt she'd ever comment! :P
i can polarize it if you wish too.......:woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
^what happened to the dowry demands from GOI? were those approved?

When my cousin got married we never asked for Dowry. But still the other side gave Rs. 30 lakhs to my cousin as gift and a lot of gold to my bhabhi. So I think its become a part of the culture where people just give dowry as to fulfill some cultural norm.

I take my other post back --- female infanticide does not always stem from dowry... There's hardly any dowry in Saudi Arabia and there's no female infanticide there either... So why does female infanticide occur in India? Could this be a cultural thing?

I take my other post back --- female infanticide does not always stem from dowry... There's hardly any dowry in Saudi Arabia and there's no female infanticide there either... So why does female infanticide occur in India? Could this be a cultural thing?
it might be. it is a problem prevalent in china and india due to historical preference of male children over female.
both our nations face severe female:male population ratios

Dowry is one reason for female foeticide among hindus in india.And marriages these days are getting so costly due to high demand of dowry that there is even trend of educated hindu girls marrying the muslim guys.....someone from Kerala can confirm this.

I mean, what is the big deal about it? in Turkey dowry consists of a small chest containing some towels, clothes and some small stuff. Most people don't make it.

Hardly a social problem :) what the actual fvck?

in India (Most of the parts) and Pakistan (particullarly in Punjab province), the family of the groom hands over a long list of items to bride's family for provision which by the way sometimes also includes a vehicle apart from other items costing millions of rupees.

seems they are selling their sons

^i hope such practices become a mere token. in traditional chinese marriage it is the other way around. the groom side gives money and gold etc to the bride family. (selling the bride, as andro put)

Back
Top Bottom