What's new

Kill The Dowry.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
182325_361122930649486_1964344484_n.png

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand,the message that Dowry [Jahez], is a curse. If you are a Muslim, than it is almost Haram, if you look at it through a human perspective, its a cruse and a custom that represents stone age.Lets divorce the dowry, for good.

Its a public service message.

*Translation for Urdu Line in the Middle: "If you are needy, than you should collect your Zakat not the Dowry."

It should be forbidden in Pakistan constitution also. Poor people can do marriages as they can't pay dowry !

It's one of the shittiest evils that is still not punishable by law. Islam or not, it should be completely banned.

I don't know about other families, however, in ours we neither accept it nor give it away with our girls.

I don't think Mahr is dowry, it may be considered as Nazrana.

No Nazrana is Mandatory . Mehr is . But it is far better practice and not a vice( not read about it) yet . I was just pulling the tail of "barf ka geedad" . Lets Leave Mehr out for some other thread and discuss topic at hand .

It's one of the shittiest evils that is still not punishable by law. Islam or not, it should be completely banned.

I don't know about other families, however, in ours we neither accept it nor give it away with our girls.
It is Punishable by Law mate , Atleast in India and many greedy families have been nailed by it .

No Nazrana is Mandatory . Mehr is . But it is far better practice and not a vice( not read about it) yet . But i was just pulling the tail of "barf ka geedad" . Lets Leave Mehr out for some other thread and discuss topic at hand .

Yes, I was wrong. However, what I appreciate about Islamic wedding is...

In Islam, marriages are not considered to be 'made in heaven' between 'soul-mates' destined for each other; they are not sacraments. They are social contracts which bring rights and obligations to both parties, and can only be successful when these are mutually respected and cherished.

BBC - Religions - Islam: Weddings

I mean, what is the big deal about it? in Turkey dowry consists of a small chest containing some towels, clothes and some small stuff. Most people don't make it.

Hardly a social problem :)

In the subcontinent, depending upon the wealth of the girls family, it may contain up to a Bentley and a Gulfstream!

Get the drift?

Refusing to take dowry was one of my, engagement conditions. This insanity makes me sick to my stomach.

In the subcontinent, depending upon the wealth of the girls family, it may contain up to a Bentley and a Gulfstream!

Get the drift?
Infact Most of the times its more than what families can afford and a single marriage wipes all all the savings of a poor person and even put them in debt for life with all assets on mortgage and even that doesnt make these heartless people happy .

Back
Top Bottom